PDA

View Full Version : Group formations

Rodion Romanovich
04-26-2005, 17:29
As you know there is a possibility to mod the group formations in R:TW. However, those changes can't be modded without causing multiplayer incompatibility with any other mod that is in all other aspects similar to the config. Therefore, I'd be glad if EB implemented some better group formations than the ones currently present in vanilla R:TW. One formation in particular I really, really want is the "heavy flanks, light middle" for phalanx lines. What I mean is that if I have a line of phalanx units I want the best units on the flanks and the weaker units in the middle, a formation which I modded into vanilla myself and found extremely effective vs AI, but I can't mod it into my installation of EB without causing incompatibility in multiplayer, thus making multiplayer with EB impossible unless the EB team has this feature already included in the mod. Some other formations that would be really practical are of course: "light flanks, heavy middle" etc. instead of those ridiculous 3 lines bla bla that vanilla R:TW have. Honestly, how often are they used? It's so simple to draw up 3 lines individually but so hard to manually fix each line so that heavy troops end up in the correct place etc.

Anyway - will EB implement better group formations? I've already heard about implementation of better AI formations but I believe the group formations - the "strong phalanx flanks, weak phalanx center" in particular - is really important for gameplay, and something I use almost always when I can because it's usually a lot more effective than strong middle and weak flanks in my experience, or one strong flank and one weak flank too for that matter, although the latter is effective for legions in my experience.

jerby
04-26-2005, 18:19
but I can't mod it into my installation of EB without causing incompatibility in multiplayer, thus making multiplayer with EB impossible unless the EB team has this feature already included in the mod.

sorry, your Installation of EB? is it out? how/why/when/what?

khelvan
04-26-2005, 19:53
There is no possible way he has an installation of EB, unless someone leaked one of our internal versions.

It is possible that he is confusing "Mundus Magnus" with EB - Mundus Magnus may have a similar map to EB, but nothing else is similar. It is NOT EB.

Big_John
04-26-2005, 20:03
i think he's just speaking hypothetically.. i.e. by "i can't" i think he means "i won't be able to".

jerby
04-26-2005, 21:04
maybe echelon can be implemented, or a pentagon-type. there is so much nonsense in those group-formations... and those horrible gaps...

Sheep
04-26-2005, 22:49
maybe echelon can be implemented, or a pentagon-type.

Can we make a conga line?

Sarcasm
04-26-2005, 23:09
ROFL :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:

btw there will be new formations for everyone...so chill. ~;)

Rodion Romanovich
04-27-2005, 18:22
sorry, your Installation of EB? is it out? how/why/when/what?

lol, I meant my FUTURE installation of EB when it comes out. Of course I haven't got EB yet!

So, back to topic: will EB have better group formations than vanilla R:TW, and in particular - will EB have a formation which means "strongest troops on flanks, weakest in center" when I use phalanxes?