PDA

View Full Version : Civil War: Total War

RedCoat
04-27-2005, 21:13
The year...1917...

Factions available: White Russian Forces, Red Russian Forces, British Expeditionary Force, French Expeditionary Force, Finns, Ukrainians, American Expeditionary Force, Austro-Hungarians, Poles and anything else you might care to add.

As anyone with common sense might be able to deduce, this Mod would be set during the Russian Civil War which followed the ascendency of the Bolshevik Party.

Interestingly, I'm trying to sort out the whole 'families' issue. Basically, what would be ideal is a political/military influence rather than a family influence e.g Lenin is replaced by a leading Bolshevik Politician and so on.

This is just an idea, if anyone wants to take me up on it, go ahead.

Dhampir
04-27-2005, 21:17
I'm writing a paper on the 1918-20 Intervention in Northern Russia. :charge:

dclare4
04-28-2005, 05:37
Families? Simple - Lenin, Trotsky and Kerenski

kreig
04-28-2005, 07:02
not a bad idea

King Clas
04-28-2005, 08:38
to bad we would se the expeditionary "factions" make war on each other or is it possible to tweak the ai not to attack certain factions?

RedCoat
04-28-2005, 17:04
Families wouldn't be as simple as that, as Kerensky had all but perished when Lenin took control and Trotsky was his subservient. Simply, the 'Families' would be along the following lines (after some thought):

Red Russians: The Bolshevik Party, Lenin is the starting faction head.

White Russians: The Military, e.g Commander in Chief=Head of Faction. Starting head=Admiral Kolchak or General Alexeev.

The expeditionary forces would also be military based.

The neighbouring countries would operate under a similar political position for the Bolsheviks.

This means that there’s no chance of a dynasty dying out, or running out of faction heirs BUT the repercussions of a change in faction head would be greater. I am interested to know if this could work. There’s also going to be barely any change, because this mod is actually (strangely enough) going to work by days (yes DAYS) rather than years if all goes well.

I was suggesting on modelling the expeditionary forces on the Roman factions, and then there’d be a degree of cohesion and strong alliances.

WhiteProphecy
12-02-2005, 00:04
could you add the Irish in their too?? lol have them orange and black or somthing, orange and green, orange and white, i dunno!

Alexander the Pretty Good
12-02-2005, 05:00
I think it would be difficult to do with the game engine.

Could I see some of the information or sources you guys (RedCoat and Dhampir) have on the subject? I'm truly fascinated by it and am reading some books on it now...

And a name change might be in order - when I saw "Civil War: Total War" I thought American Civil War.

Monarch
12-05-2005, 21:01
And a name change might be in order - when I saw "Civil War: Total War" I thought American Civil War.

Well I thought British Civil War. I think it doesnt matter really though. I suppose 'Russain Civil War: Total War' doesn't really have the same ring. I think its fine as it is. Or perhaps a more imaginative/'out there' name such as 'Russian Unrest: Total War', 'Battleground 1917: Total War', or more simply 'Russia: Total War' could work, but its not a big issue IMHO ~:)

Alexander the Pretty Good
12-06-2005, 00:27
Drop the "Total War" part - Red Vs White!

Aldaceleb
12-06-2005, 09:08
You need also two finnish factions, as there was civil war in finland at 1918