PDA

View Full Version : Whats left of STW's MP

Drisos
04-28-2005, 12:18
Hi fellow shogunistas,

Unthough I have always tried to be as nice and helpful as possible, I haven't done any really great things. I have a few idea's and want to start with one today. I got inspired by AdrianII's online history resources and thought things out. Because of the great silence around STW MP I want to do something about that. Shambles is already planning a tournament and Elmarko a MP campaign. My idea is to create a list of people who still play online and more stuff on STW MP. Here's a short version of the concept:

1. old clans

*the names of former STW clans and their websites

2. 'active' clans

*the clans who still have some STW-playing members
*their websites
*the nicknames of their STW playing members and their e-mail if they want to find challengers

3. where to play MP?

*tosa's server + info how to use it
*Same thing with Shambles his server
*links to for instance: the MP campaign and shambles his tournament

4. STW-playing members of the .org

*the members who still play STW
*their e-mail, if they want to find challengers

5. STW-playing members of the .com

*the members who still play STW
*their e-mail, if they want to find challlengers

6. (S)TW sites

*.org
*.com
*shambles his site
*maybe more?

7. Links to STW moddings

*STW mod for MTW
*link to the SJ forum

I don't know much about it myself, but with a little seeking, I'll find out most things I want to include.
I would like to post this thread at the .org at the .com and maybe Shambles or a few clans can put it on their sites too??(please, please)
If the plan continues, will you sticky it for me Sasaki?? :bow:

for any reactions, just post in this thread or mail me at: *redacted*

:bow:
drisos

Drisos
04-28-2005, 14:22
Since I haven't had STW for a long time, I don't know about any old clans, I really need a few diehards for some info.

Maybe I should add a list of players of the STW mod for MTW.

?

Drisos
04-28-2005, 14:41
Did some clan research:

Majestic Ryouko
Celtiberos
Deadly Shingen
Clan doragon(does still exist, I thought, do some of them still play STW??)
Aggony clan(does still exist, don't know if they have any STW players left)
L.M. de Napoleon
7Bear7 clan (does still exist, has three players who ocasionally play STW MP)

Clan takiyama? still exists? STW players?

Little later I found the EA clan ladder, 100 more clans, haven't looked at any of their sites, bit too much work for now, I didn't know there were hundreds of clans. :dizzy2: Probably 90% of them will have fallen apart, but there must be members of those who still like to play, where are they? Is there any shogun server on which are dozens of Japanese players still active?

Many quetions unanswered, please guys, who can put the light on for me?? :help:

Shambles
04-29-2005, 04:28
you can easily switch between my server and tosas server with a program called
shambles total war,
you can download it from my downloads section on my web page
most people would use tosas server,

there are more shogun sites linked to at the main weby page of this forum.

About the rest of your questions i dunno

Togakure
04-29-2005, 04:35
Hey guys--I don't run a server. You must be referring to TOSA's server.

Good luck with reviving Shogun MP guys. I check here regularly so I'll know if it kicks up.

The last clans to have players in Shogun MP regularly were Aggony, 7Bear7, 47Ronin, and a couple from the Wolves. Occasionally we'd see a Mizu/Takiyama or Kenchi. It has been a VERY long time since any from other clans have played, except maybe for a solo appearance here or there.

Drisos
04-29-2005, 08:07

Correct. ~;)
Toga, the clan name of 47 ronin reminds me of an old personal use title of yours. Have you been in that clan?

Thanks guys for the info. :bow:

Drisos
04-29-2005, 08:20
How about it Sasaki, when I finish this, would you be OK to sticky this one?

Maybe I should include a player list for the STW mod for MTW too?

Togakure
04-29-2005, 09:42
Correct. ~;)
Toga, the clan name of 47 ronin reminds me of an old personal use title of yours. Have you been in that clan?

Thanks guys for the info. :bow:
I and Mimesaka Akechi (now Sasaki Kojiro) founded the 47Ronin when "The Masterless" group faded. In both of these incarnations, we liked to think of ourselves as an "un-clan," but most considered us a clan. Forming the 47s was an attempt to revive the group we had at "The Home of the Masterless," a group of ronin hosted and led by Kaneyashi Kasuga (Kas). After a short period, Sasaki felt that the 47Ronin had become too clan-like and resumed his "masterless" status. I maintained the 47s, and for a short time we had a thriving group of talented and very likeable guys hanging out together. Our old forum still exists but is seldom visited now that the official server has shut down. I'm not going to post a link--the once-beautiful site is a disgrace with all of the ads on it. I am looking at clans in mtw/vi and may revive it if I find a clan that I like that needs a nice forum.

Shambles
04-29-2005, 10:12

I said tosa :P

Drisos
04-29-2005, 10:13
Mimesaka Akechi (now Sasaki Kojiro)

He's active at the .com under the name Mimesaka Akechi, isn't he?

Togakure
04-29-2005, 10:55
you can easily switch between my server and togas server ...

... 3. where to play MP?

*toga's server + info how to use it
These are the quotes to which I was referring when I wanted to clarify that I don't run a server.

Yes Drisos, Sasaki used Mimesaka Akechi at the .com back when I was going there, but I haven't been there in a very long time, so I don't know if he is still active there or not.

ShakaKahn
05-02-2005, 08:57
Have any of you played with the players shown in the Top 100 Clans ladder?:
Clan Ladder (http://totalwar.ea-europe.com/mi/Players/ClanLadder.asp)
I'd like to see how a vet plays STW:WE.

Togakure
05-02-2005, 11:36
Yep, but I haven't seen any of them since the official server closed down (and very few, even back then).

The ladder isn't really representative of skill because so many players found ways to exploit it (and did). Hosting, defending, and dropping mid-game for instance ... credited win for the defender, etc.

If I were a gambler I'd drop $100 on a bet that Sasaki (the mod of this subforum) could beat 90-95% of the players out there in a best of 10. You want to play against one of the best? Play against him 1v1. He's won both of the most recent 1v1 tournaments, and teamed with Wolf Kansuke to win the most recent 2v2 tournament as well.

Puzz3D
05-02-2005, 19:50
I stopped playing because, despite helping to develop it, I don't like WE/MI v1.02, and it had become the standard version for those who continued to play. MizuCBR, ShingenMitch, ShingenKrypta and I made new unit stats for barocca's STWmod for MTW/VI. This mod is patterned after the gameplay of original STW rather than WE/MI, but the battlefield ninja and naginata cav from WE/MI are retained and the hatamoto is added. The gun units are stronger than they were in original STW, but not as strong as in WE/MI. The new stats took over 3 months to balance, and were tested by many good players and adjusted over 10 revisions based on their feedback. Further revisions are possible, but none are planned at this time. There is a complete set of units for SP (full campaign mode), and a separate set for MP. A program written by MizuTosa allows copying the music and sounds from STW or WE/MI to STWmod for MTW/VI.

This mod benefits from the experience gained over 3 years of playing STW, and the enhancements to the MTW/VI battle engine such as no battlefield upgrades along with a cost structure that makes playing without upgrades preferable. The players who developed the stat know the game engine inside out, and the gameplay is as balanced as we know how to make it. Those who played original STW all like the mod. Those who only played WE/MI may not like it since the gameplay is different.

I can put together a team to play STWmod and we were recently playing it in a CWC tournament, but interest in it died off when the RTW v1.2 patch which fixed many technical problems in MP was released. RTW MP gameplay is the least balanced of all the Total War games, but draws the most players. I hung around the MTW/VI forum for a few weeks after RTW v1.2 was released, but got no STWmod for MTW/VI games, and I wasn't particularly interested in regular MTW/VI games so I stopped going to the foyer. I just got Silent Hunter III and have been playing that. Clan Takiyama is still together, but the members are currently playing different games, and don't go to the MTW/VI foyer regularly.

HunkinElvis
05-02-2005, 21:39
The scoring system in the ladder makes a player with high points reluctant to play with another player with low points. The maximum difference of points allowed between 2 players are 50. Any more than that and the player with the higher points will lose points even when winning the battle. If someone with 100 or less points joins in a vet's competitive game then that host will ask the beginner to leave the game. That's why friendly games are preferred over competitive games. A friendly game is an option that doesn't have any effect on points.
There are vets who play cheap against other vets. That's how some vets get high points.
In real life, though, a good general fights cheap battles.

Togakure
05-03-2005, 01:08
Puzz3D: How big is the Samurai Wars installer download linked to in your sig? I seem to remember the mod being very large. My connection is so slow that I didn't think I'd be able to download it in a reasonable amount of time. I've discovered that, despite my slow PC and connection, I can play vi mp without significant lag (except 4v4s, which lag if all players move fast and engage en masse at the same time). Hence, the mod interests me now. I'm just not sure if I can download it successfully.

Shambles
05-03-2005, 09:39
hey toga i just downloaded it
39.1mb on 56k id imagine would take just under 4 hours.

If you want il make it a multi part and send you 1.44mb chunks at a time.
"if puzz3d dosent minnd that is"
Becous most dial up isp's will dissconect you after 2 hours,

I cant help wonder how much a low end 512kb dsl connection would cost you per month.
I dont imagine it would be much more than dial up.
And although 512 isnt ground breaking, it allowes downloads of around 60kb's on a good day,

EDIT

I will not send u the file toga Becous my AVG says it has a trojan horse Dropper attached to it,

ShambleS

Drisos
05-03-2005, 11:23
I'm not sure of the concept of this project, I'm thinking of making a site like EA had too, with clan ladder and so on. I've got to find out what's the best way to make communication between MP's easier. Anyway, I won't get to working much the first 6 weeks, because of school, after that I want to finish whatever I'm gonna do, but I would need tech. help in case I decide to start up an own site.

Shambles
05-03-2005, 12:41
i can help with basic html stuff.

Drisos
05-03-2005, 13:06
Shambles, maybe you can do your tournament(s) via the site?

When looking back, this seems wrong said: I just meant that I would add the results to the players on the list. Is that ok with you shambles?

I think having all those log files is an awful load of work which I might not be able to do at all times, so I think it would be better to just add your tourneys results, and maybe of other tourneys.

concept update coming soon ... see you guys in MP

P.S.:

Toga, is The Kenchi clan the same as the Kenkichuka clan? The names look like eachother and I can't find any Kenchi clan. Which member(s) would play ocasionaly? (and will often soon!)

~:)

Puzz3D
05-03-2005, 13:14
hey toga i just downloaded it
39.1mb on 56k id imagine would take just under 4 hours.

If you want il make it a multi part and send you 1.44mb chunks at a time.
"if puzz3d dosent minnd that is"
Becous most dial up isp's will dissconect you after 2 hours,

I cant help wonder how much a low end 512kb dsl connection would cost you per month.
I dont imagine it would be much more than dial up.
And although 512 isnt ground breaking, it allowes downloads of around 60kb's on a good day,

EDIT

I will not send u the file toga Becous my AVG says it has a trojan horse Dropper attached to it,

ShambleS

I haven't downloaded that STWmod installer myself. I used barocca's original 76 MB download. I'll look into getting that installer checked and replaced if necessary.

Togakure
05-03-2005, 13:15
... I will not send u the file toga Becous my AVG says it has a trojan horse Dropper attached to it,

ShambleS

Uh-oh ... be sure to let Puzz3D know about that. PM would prolly be best so he notices it right away.

Thanks for the offer m8, that would be quite helpful for me. Circumstances prevent me from indulging in any upgrades of PC or service for a while, so I've got to make do with what I've got for now.

EDIT: Puzz3D must have been replying as I typed this, so please disregard.

CBR
05-03-2005, 15:00
I made the Samurai Wars installer and did scans when I uploaded it and scanned it again just now and found nothing. I used Norton as well as two anti-trojans.

CBR

Shambles
05-03-2005, 22:04
EDIT.

Picture has been seen so no need to be Filling up page now,
If any 1 els wants to see it, Click the link,
"no point laging page"

http://freespace.virgin.net/shambles.instalations/vir.JPG

I think its the installer and not the actual contents,
becous if it was the contents i would be allowed to finish the download,
But avg would tell me not to open it 1ce i tried,

so it's probably the installer its self,
it may be a good idea to advize people who have downloaded this file that There MAY be a potential problem.

trojans are tricky lil beggars and disguise them selfs as anything,
im unshure how this file was contaminated but I dont think any 1 did this on purpouse.

It could even be that the installer is similar to a trojan but avg has seen enough to mak its mind up,
hope this helps though

ShambleS

CBR
05-03-2005, 22:58
Well it might not like the installer somehow. Try and download this and see if AVG finds something there too (uses same installer) http://www.mizus.com/Files/k0rgs8gVt/MTW/Maps/MP_MapPackVol1-3.exe

CBR

Shambles
05-03-2005, 23:14
the map pack file is fine,
no problems at all

-------------------------------

Back on topic,

for the chat room you could use a java based 1 like i have on my web page,

i could make a basic password username setup, for web page entry,
But really you need to use php to get it done properly becous php can force you back to the Main page if you try to cheat web page,

the scoring is quite annoying as i had wanted to get ppl's scores updated to my page directly Again php with a server side script is Likley to be needed ,
But unfortunatly I just cant find any files that sent that kind of data to EA.

Youd probably need to get the people to send you their battle log files, so you would need 2 log files for each 1 v 1 battle "1 from each opponent"

I dont think you said any thing els that i can help with,
but maby i just forgot :)

ShambleS

Thoros of Myr
05-04-2005, 06:03
I had the warning too from AVG. I had barocca's version backed up from last time I ran the mod so I used that.

No troubles with the map pack.

Jochi Khan
05-04-2005, 13:29
Hi all....

My AVG (which does a complete scan every day at 12 Noon) today quarantined the following.............

Trojan Horse Downloader.Agent.12.BF Total size 110.6Kb
Samurai_War2fix[1].exe
Backup copy infected

Dont know where this came from. I use the original barocca mod with the stat updates so have had no reason to download the installer.

Jochi

Puzz3D
05-04-2005, 19:32
Ok. Thanks guys. I've taken the installer link out of my sig, and replaced it with a link to barocca's original STWmod zip file.

Shambles
05-05-2005, 01:20
sorry for all that puzz3d,
But i beleve it's for the best.

any way i will now download it and multipart it so toga can download it If nobody minds that is

Ok toga the origional was 70mb+ so i multiparted it in to 23 parts its an ace file.
so u will need win ace,
I will leave a copy of win ace in the server so u can download that as well Its better than win rar or win zip in my oppinion and opens more files any way.

Here is the url.

xxxLink Is gone nowxxx

Please let me know when your done downloading or if you decide against downloading.
Thank you

Drisos
06-06-2005, 11:25

Shogun diehard MP players list.

1) Clan Members

47Ronin:

TogakureOjonin
Zipper
Methos
more...

7Bear7:

7Bear7 Bottom
more...

Takiyama:

Puzz3d
Orda Khan
Jochi Khan
TosaInu
more...

Kenchi clan

TENKI Soraroti(was active here a while ago, maybe he will play some more again too if he sees the new guys)
more...

Grey Wolves

maybe Kansuke would like to join us again someday? I'll try to contact him.
more...

Agonny:

AggonyDuck? (not sure)
more. . .

2) Individual warlords - Rebels and Ronin

drisos
RabidGibbon
Shambles
R'as al Ghul
Thoros of myr(is still here and has played, hope to convince him to play)
AdrianII(is here and has played, but is quite busy)
Trish
Nodachisam
Minikiller(is still here and used to play, maybe he'll be intrested again.)
Shakakhan
Hellas1(will be playing soon)
2ddragon
Mimesaka Akechi = sasaki kojiro
Littlegrizzly
CBR(is still here and has played, maybe he'll be intrested again?)
Wilbo(haven't seen him in some time, but he used to play just a while ago)
Kensai(busy with exams, wil probably return to us and STW MP)
L'impresario(still here and has played, maybe he'll be intrested again?)
Cha
Kohaku
Hunkinelvis
Blacknek
Shina500
Heavysword
MIlitantgeneral
Anskar
'dragondad'
Kas
PaolinoPaperino(was playing MP, is still here and plays STW, so we might convince him to play again)
Mithrandir(still here and used to play, hope we can get him intrested)
LordTed(just popped back in at the .org, hope he wants some STW MP too)
Elmarkofear(used to play, still here, plays STW but has no time at the moment. I hope he joins us when he got time again)

This is an attempt to make a list of STW MP diehards.
I'm sure it is not even close to complete.
Especially the clans must have some more members who still ocasionally play.
Please tell me if you know more.

Shambles site counts a reasonal numbre of frequent visitors at the moment. Playing an STW MP is not so hard anymore. I hope some people who went playing MTW and RTW try it again sometime too. I've found a reasonable amount of warlords so far. But some of the Takiyama's might not play at all anymore, I'm at least sure Jochi still plays ocasionally.

Drisos :bow:

2ddragon
06-06-2005, 11:46
2) Individual warlords - Rebels and Ronin

2ddragon

- I like this....
- Will attempt to get Dragondad online - he doesn't get much free time BUT I think you guys would be pleasently surprised (he owns me at this.)

2ddragon
06-06-2005, 11:48
applogies to double post - on Sengoku Jidai history my dad is a good source - we have some books and he KNOWS LOADS - he used to be really into samurai... PM me if you are interested Drisos

Drisos
06-06-2005, 12:07
I hope I see your father soon too. I will add him to the list. ~:)

Thanks for the tip on asking your father for info. I think I will ask him later.
The idea for a new stw site is still there, but I first concentrate on school business for two more weeks.

In the summer, I will have plenty of time and hope to get the site online.

Unfortunately, i'm a disaster with computers and need some-1 to help me.

When school ends, I'll first look for intrest and people who'd like to help me complete it, then we make decisions about the site and start working.

I hope this dream of mine coms true. :bow:

See you later

EDIT:

@2ddragon, Don't mind about a double post, it's no problem at all. You'll be a full member soon, anyway. ~:)

Drisos
06-06-2005, 15:09
Lately I read the first pages of the 'STW MP' thread.

It appears that after the great breakdown(EA shut official server down! :furious3: ) there was quite a bit intrest left in STW MP. There were 'lots of' (we would say there are lots, but not as much as in R and M) players the first months of Tosa's fakeserver.

I could add dozens of players to the list, but are they still willing to play MP from time to time? I don't know about most of them. Some of them haven't been online in months at the .org, and probably aren't intrested anymore. But some of them are still here, maybe not playing STW. But that's what the site would be for, get people intrested in STW again. ~:)

:dizzy2:

Jochi Khan
06-06-2005, 16:35
Hi drisos

Greetings.

I did log on to shambles server at the weekend but just to check if it was possible to connect. Some people had been posting that they were unable to connect.
I was able to connect at the first attempt each time.
Said 'Hello' to those that were in the foyer the second connection (the earlier connection there was no one there) and then logged off.

It is a very long time since I last played STW, possibly since early MTW days.
Did go back to playing when Tosa's server was set up but the people drifted away. Haven't played since.
Samurai Wars for MTW/VI is a good substitute for STW. Have played it a few times and enjoyed. You don't have the hassle of upgraded units.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Jochi

Shambles
06-06-2005, 16:47
The bigest part of STW is geting the unit upgrades right i feel,
And taking that way would make the game Less fun.
Well for me any way

So il still be playing mtw VI no mods and offline for campaign only im afraid,
and The mod has lost my interest Purley due to the no upgrades.

Saturday we had quite a few people in the server,
Even though some may have just poped in to say hello,
For shogun it was a considearble ammount of players,
And wee seem to get one new player Loging in every week,

I just hope that this trend continues :)
And that we can get Shogun back to its previous glory.

It would be a shame if every one who loved the origional Sold out and went to mtw and rtw,
When they could just as easily come back to shogun once in a while for a few games.

After all if every one who wanted to play But dont as they Dont think any one els does came back to play,
Then There would be people playing,

Its still quite a small gathering of people at the moment though,
But if the momentum keeps up i dont see why We could not get the Mp aspect back on track,
Even if people only play shogun online and ignore the campaign (as i do)

ShambleS

2ddragon
06-06-2005, 18:51
The bigest part of STW is geting the unit upgrades right i feel,
And taking that way would make the game Less fun.
I agree - the unit upgrades help you balance your army thereby balancing your mind

I just hope that this trend continues :)
And that we can get Shogun back to its previous glory.
LONG LIVE THE REVOLUTION

After all if every one who wanted to play But dont as they Dont think any one els does Would come back to play,
Then There would be people playing,

I feel that this is a generally good thing ~:cheers:

Unfortunately, i'm a disaster with computers and need some-1 to help me.

When school ends, I'll first look for intrest and people who'd like to help me complete it, then we make decisions about the site and start working.

I will be glad to help - I can do some nice things with HTMLs

Im not sure about Dragondad - 1. he probably wouldn't want to be called Dragondad (this was just a quick aside to ShambleS ) and 2. he says MAYBE in the future - not immediately.

I haven't pressed him about Sengoku Jidai history - will ask soon

-2ddragon-

Togakure
06-06-2005, 22:05
(47Ronin) Methos inqured and I sent him the internet.cfg for Shambles' server. He came on day before yesterday for a game. He is a busy guy, but definitely qualifies as a Shogun Diehard. I imagine we'll see him now from time to time.

Drisos
06-07-2005, 13:13
It is a very long time since I last played STW, possibly since early MTW days. Did go back to playing when Tosa's server was set up but the people drifted away. Haven't played since. Samurai Wars for MTW/VI is a good substitute for STW. Have played it a few times and enjoyed. You don't have the hassle of upgraded units.

People like PaolinoPaperino and Mithrandir for instance are still at the .org. But I haven't seen them play MP anymore, I don't know if that's because others stopped and there was no one to play with. In that case, they could try again now. Because some new people (like me) are playing MP now too, and shambles server has some frequent players again.

I don't know if I'm intrested in the Samurai Wars mod yet, I'll check if I like it at it's forum here.

Hope to see you at shambles foyer somtime. ~:)

Shambles
06-07-2005, 15:48
Yeah ive seen some people log in to fake server,
but no 1 els has been there with them,
I guess we need to let people know what day and time most people are usualy on or something

ShambleS

LordTed
06-07-2005, 15:50
Has the old server for mp gone now. Ah the old days....

Drisos
06-07-2005, 16:04
I guess we need to let people know what day and time most people are usualy on or something

Yes. That is one of my points.

It would be better if we'd get more people to playing again, so we could just log on and play without sending PM first. That would be even better, but that's harder.

@ LordTed: Hello, nice to see you in Sword dojo again.

wait. . .LordTed. . .I got it!

LordTed was a good STW player when EA server was still there. LordTed from the TedLegion right? Great to see you back! Can I put you on the list too, or are you not intrested in STW MP anymore?

Togakure
06-07-2005, 20:33
If I remember correctly, Lord Ted was at the top of the official competitive ladder ... one of the best of the best, from what I've heard.

LOLOL: Its' "TENKI" Soratoti, not Kenchi Soratoti (a.k.a. TenkiPanda; hehehe hope he doesn't see this or we'll be treated to a classic British grumble). Soratoti is still around. He and I still chat on MSN from time to time. I think it would be a challenge to get him to play STW nowadays, as he is deeply engrossed in other games, both SP and MP. But he does like the game. It would be kinda funny (for the first few minutes at least) to see Sora and Kansuke battle again--of course, it would take place in the foyer, not on the virtual battlefield ~D.

Drisos
06-08-2005, 10:14
Thanks, I changed it now. ~:)

I've got about 25 active people now, of course not all of them are very active, but I've seen most of them.

There are a lot of people who have played and are still here. If we manage to get those interested again, shambles foyer would be quite busy, like it should be!

EDIT: thanks for offering me your help, dragon and shambles! :bow:

Drisos
06-08-2005, 16:15
EDIT:

somthing came up and I couldn't be there in time, sorry!
I am there now, hope to see you when you log in at home.

R'as al Ghul
06-08-2005, 16:23
Hey drisos,

saw your post about playing today at 15.15.
I logged on but nobody was there.
I'll keep tryin' when I got time.
See you guys soon.

Drisos
06-08-2005, 21:23
1) Clans and their members.

47Ronin group:

Ishida
Methos
Toga
Zipper
more...

7bear7 clan:

Biker (?)
Bottom
Kuma
Osis
more...

Aggony clan:

Betou
Duck
more...

Clan Takiyama:

Barocca (?)
Jochi Khan
Orda Khan
Puzz3d (?)
Tomi says (?)
TosaInu (?)
more...

Grey wolves:

Kansuke (?)
more...

Tenki clans:

Koga no goshi (?)
Kurando (?)
Soraroti
WarPriest
more...

2) Rebels and Ronin

2ddragon
AdrianII (?)
Airwreck
AlfaAlfa
Anskar
Blacknek
CBR (?)
Cha
Dragondad
Drisos
Elmarkofear (?)
GODofWAR
Heavysword
Hellas1
Hunkinelvis
Jgp
Kas
Kensai
Kohaku
L'impresario (?)
Littlegrizzly
LordTed (?)
MIlitantgeneral
Minikiller (?)
Misuri
Mithrandir
NodachiSam
PaolinoPaperino (?)
RabidGibbon
R'as al ghul
Sasaki Kojiro
ShakaKhan
Shambles
Shina500
Shin-gaiJin
Shin-Iguana (?)
The deadly warp
Thoros of Myr (?)
Trish
UglyandHasty
Wilbo
Wombatslayer

The suffix '(?)' means that the it's not sure this person will play ocasionally. I think most of them will not, but a few would be nice already.

This list contains 62 warlords. Of which 17 with the suffix '(?)', and 45 people who will most likely play.

drisos

2ddragon
06-09-2005, 17:52
Drisos my friend - you have been deceived - in alphabetical order numbers go first.... perhaps you need to change your list around.

Drisos
06-10-2005, 11:24
didn't know ...

I think you just want to be on top of the list, well, here ya go! ~:)

drisos

Shin-GaiJin
06-10-2005, 22:18
Hello all

Havent been here for such a long time...its great to still see so many
of you still around.The old STW days were awesome but Ive come to realise
that time moves on,as does my life and commitments,many thanks to you
all,some of you became extremely close friends and we shared good and bad times both in game and on a personal level.
I thank you all....you know who you are

keep the faith

Gaijin

Orda Khan
06-10-2005, 22:38
Hello all

all,some of you became extremely close friends and we shared good and bad times both in game and on a personal level.

keep the faith

Gaijin
Very true Gaijin, nothing lasts forever. Still, the memories from STW will always eclipse any that have followed. A great game, a great crowd.......Nice to see you again, I can still remember our victorious stand on Totomi, probably the most enjoyable game I ever played.
Stay well

........Orda

Drisos
06-11-2005, 08:35
Hello, Shin-GaJin,

I am honoured to meet you. Some diehards here have mentioned you as the first one to hide a kensai gen in a no-dachi unit.

I guess I should thank you for this. (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=48604)

STW does still have some ocasionally players, but also there are some new players who I see a lot in the foyer of shambles fakeserver.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Togakure
06-11-2005, 19:41
Hi Gaijin. *bows* I had wondered what happened to you, and am glad to see you around. Indeed, all things end, but it's fun to reminisce once in a while. Though there are only a handful of online Shogun players now, they are nice, fun people who enjoy the games and company, so we've been having some good times lately. Though I'm not able to play as often as I'd like, it's nice to have folks to play with when it can be managed.

Hope to see you sometime, if you ever find yourself with the time and inclination. It would be great to have some games with one of the most honorable of the Shogun elders. Take care my friend, and may life treat you well.

TenkiWarPRIEST
06-15-2005, 15:07
It's great to see some old faces here. As someone mentioned earlier we had an awe inspiring community that through the .org supported each other with little to no help from CA/EA.

I look forward to building a new system and getting fierce with some old as well as new warriors.

Drisos
06-15-2005, 15:39
Hello, warpriest, I'm honoured to meet another Tenki!

Great to hear you will play STW again. I'll edit you into the list. ~:)

Hope to see you soon for some games!

TenkiWarPRIEST
06-15-2005, 15:45
Drisnos :bow:

Thanks for your work on this.

One item that needs to be addressed though.

Tenki was our clan name. I noticed you had us as Kenchi.

Drisos
06-15-2005, 15:54
Tenki was our clan name. I noticed you had us as Kenchi.

Sorry! I'm quite new to STW and someone else told me the name 'Kenchi Clan'. However, it's a big mistake, and I'll change it. Sorry again.

was

is the Tenki clan no more? that's sad. :embarassed:

Can you confirm that Soraroti will play (ocasionally) too?

I have not been working much yet, because of school. However, school finishes in two days and then the work will start, long live STW!

New idea for the site: Guides for STW SP, we can do some ourselves, and also include links to some helpful SP info elsewere.

:bow: to all STW players!

P.S. I am now in shambles foyer and can do a batlle, Warpriest, do you have time now? It would be fun!

see you soon! ~:cheers:

Shin-GaiJin
06-15-2005, 20:01
Hello Drisos
Im afraid the Kensai in the No Dachi wasnt of my making,Im not too
sure of its origins but I did indeed use the technique frequently.A variation of the theme that I used was to choose a relatively cheap H2 Kensai Taisho and
during the melee send him into an easy part of the fray whereby he gained
extra honour FAST and of course he and his surrounding troops benefited from this extra honour.A risky technique I agree but satisfying if you get it right.The saving on koku comes in handy too ;)

oh p.s.
This too was not an original idea of mine,I borrowed it from one more innovative than I.

have fun

ShinGaiJin

Jochi Khan
06-15-2005, 21:34
Hi GaiJin

How time has flown.
I played some of my early Shogun games with or against you and Shin-Iguana. ~:)
What a way to learn ~;) Thanks mate for some happy hours.

Good luck and keep well in whatever you choose.

Jochi :bow:

Drisos
06-16-2005, 08:45
Hello honourable GaiJin,

I am glad to see your visit to the .org lasts longer then one post. ~:)

I added you to the list of STW MP players. But I don't know if I'm correct, will you play with the new warlords and the diehards? (ocasionally) ~:)

If not, I'm sure you have good reasons and I just wish you luck whit whatever you will be doing in your life! ~:cheers:

Hope to see you here soon again. :bow:

R'as al Ghul
06-16-2005, 12:27
Hi GaiJin,

do you remember Itto Nakamura?
You were the first one I've met in the MP lobby and you have always been very kind and patient to me.
We had some fun games in Feb/ March 2004.
When I joined the communtiy it was already shattered.
Only some "diehards" like you, Heavysword, Kansuke,
Mimesaka, AggonyDuck, AggonyBetou, ShinIguana etc.
were left. Although the playig level was high and demanding
you've all been very nice and forgiving to me.
I'd very much like to play you again or just have a nice chat in the lobby.
However, I just want to thank you again and wish you all the best
for your future life.
Good Luck, Have Fun!

Itto

P.S.: Strangely, I get somehow sentimental on this. :bigcry:

Hello all

keep the faith

Gaijin

Drisos
06-16-2005, 13:30
R'as, I have that sometimes too, that I get sentimental when it comes to STW MP old days. I can't remember them, because I just play since shortly. I can't really say why is that, but it just happens, and I mostly don't mind afterwards.

Nice to hear your online name. ~:)

Drisos
06-16-2005, 15:08
Check this out:

4. Sengoku Jidai

Background

History of Japan en courtesy AdrianII
Authoritative history of the country by historian Saburo D. Ienaga, available through Questia.
Feudal Japan en courtesy AdrianII
Study guide with glossary and links section by historian Richard Hooker
Emperors, Shoguns & Regents of Japan en courtesy ShadesWolf
Resource with maps and timetables by 'Friesian' philosopher Kelly Ross
Japanese Honorifics en courtesy Mouzafphaerre
Wiki site on Japanese honorific titles and their usage
The Maker of Modern Japan en courtesy AdrianII
Life of Tokugawa Ieyasu by Australian japanologist A.L. Sadler, available through Questia.
Nihon Zatsuroku: A Japanese Miscellany en courtesy AdrianII
Resource on Japanese names, etiquette, heraldry, banners and flags, tents, ceremonies, games, &cetera, &cetera by Medieval Japan specialist Anthony J. Bryant
Kings of Korea en courtesy ShadesWolf
Resource with maps and timetables by 'Friesian' philosopher Kelly Ross

Warfare

Bushido en courtesy AdrianII
Classic text on the knightly code: Bushido, the Soul of Japan. An Exposition of Japanese Thought (1905) by Dr. Inazo Nitobe
Samurai Archives en courtesy Michiel de Ruyter
Accessible site with articles and links on the military side of Sengoku Jidai, timetables, battle descriptions, biographical notes, heraldry and Yahoo hosted forum.
SAMOURAIS - Les Guerriers du Japon fr (courtesy Meneldil)
Personal site with articles, biographies and illustrations by Charles-Pierre Serain with the help of renowned Japanologists
Ospreysamurai.com en courtesy Maeda Toshiie
Collection of illustrated articles by specialist Stephen Turnbull on samurai, castles, heraldry and bushido offered by Osprey Publishing
Nihon Katchû Seisakuben: An Online Japanese Armour Manual en courtesy AdrianII
Superb on-line manual on the history, construction, function and iconography of Japanese armour by Medieval Japan specialist Anthony J. Bryant
The Japanese Sword Index en courtesy AdrianII
Superb resource on the history, technique, mythology and meaning of Japanese swords and swordsmith by retired metallurgy professor and collector things pointy Richard Stein
Iga Ninja ja/en courtesy R'as al Ghul
Resource by Iga Ninja Museum about Ninja combat techniques, weapons, training and daily life
Guide to Japanese Castles en courtesy AdrianII
Searchable database of illustrations and descriptions of 45 Japanese Medieval castles by corporate librarian Eric Obershaw
Samurai gallery en courtesy Rás al Ghul
Short biographies of prominent samurai, language corny but image often thing of beauty

Maps

Maps from Murdoch's History of Japan en courtesy AdrianII
Facsimiles of the maps from James Murdoch’s A History of Japan during the century of early foreign intercourse (1542-1651)

Primary Sources

Internet East Asian Sourcebook en courtesy AdrianII
Japan page of primary source collection by Paul Halsall of Fordham University Center for Medieval Studies
Tokyo National Museum en/ja courtesy AdrianII
On-line catalogue of Japanese artefacts at the TNM
A Guide to the Ukiyo-e Sites of the Internet ja courtesy TomteOfDoom
Superb guide to on-line collections of historic Japanese prints, essays, exhaustive links and forum by Internet ukiyo-e pioneer Hans Olof Johansson
Sengoku-Expo Menu en courtesy Jun
On-line exposition catalogue of scrolls, images and artefacts connected with the Battle of Sekigahara (1600)

Thanks AdrianII! Great thread in monastery that is!

Well, these are Sengoku Jidai history links. There are very much of them, and I'll need to sort out which ones are will be suited for the site, but it's a start.

More Links:

STW SP:

1) sword dojo
2) shogun department of totalwar.com
3) shogun department of totalwars.net
4) shambles site, for the thech tree (?)
the clan forums don't have that much stuff on stw, so I don't think including them is necessary

Links to SJ mod and samurai mod forums. Plus some info on them, of course.

Some useful downloads, and stuff on stw modification:

link to the stw mod. forum.
link to equal forums at .com and .net
link to shambles thread, ' how to host shogun mp games'

download v1.02
other stuff, but they're not as important as v1.02 download.

Old clans don't all have a website (anymore) and a look in the past seems hard, better to only include new clans website links.

EDIT:

Links in my AdrianII quote aren't working, but you'll find them in the 'online history resources' thread.

Drisos
06-16-2005, 15:27
Shambles, maybe you can do your tournament(s) via the site?

When looking back, this seems wrong said: I just meant that I would add the results to the players on the list. Is that ok with you shambles?

I think having all those log files is an awful load of work which I might not be able to do at all times, so I think it would be better to just add your tourneys results, and maybe of other tourneys.

concept update coming soon ... see you guys in MP

P.S.:

Toga, is The Kenchi clan the same as the Kenkichuka clan? The names look like eachother and I can't find any Kenchi clan. Which member(s) would play ocasionaly? (and will often soon!)

~:)

TenkiWarPRIEST
06-16-2005, 17:05
Sorry! I'm quite new to STW and someone else told me the name 'Kenchi Clan'. However, it's a big mistake, and I'll change it. Sorry again.
No offense taken, Kenchi rocked, I have a great admiration for those guys.

is the Tenki clan no more? that's sad. :embarassed: the forsaken never die, we just explode and find each other again. Soraroti was the last Tenki-Daimyo that I am aware of, as I passed the reigns to him awhile back.

Can you confirm that Soraroti will play (ocasionally) too? I can neither confirm nor deny this faithful warriors whereabouts.

I have not been working much yet, because of school. However, school finishes in two days and then the work will start, long live STW! Your work is admirable , take your time.

As to playing, I'm working on a monstrosity of a pc. ETA completion 2 weeks.

Drisos
06-16-2005, 17:27
The forsaken never die, we just explode and find each other again. Soraroti was the last Tenki-Daimyo that I am aware of, as I passed the reigns to him awhile back.

I can neither confirm nor deny this faithful warriors whereabouts.

I think it would be hard trying to contact TenkiSoraroti, but if he pops in I think and hope he'll be intrested again. ~:)

Do I understand well? You are busy for two weeks, so won't play (much) for that time? Never mind. I'm sure I will meet others in the weeks and I will meet you later. ~:)

Drisos
06-16-2005, 18:00
Top and bottom will contain big text and/or some pics.
Left side will have a navigation bar. Maybe a chat box under that.
On the rest of each page, there will be info on the selected subject from the navigation bar.
On the homepage, this space will contain an introduction, and maybe some hot items(like shambles tourney and elmark's campaign). Maybe some pic too.
The colour: I think it'll be a dark background with light text.
Maybe someone wants to share his artwork with us, but if not, we will just use STW material and other SJ pics found on the net.

1) SP guides and links.
2) SJ history and links.
3) 'Active' clans, links to their websites, some info and their STW-playing members.
4) STW modification links and useful downloads. Info how to play MP, and links to more help. (shambles thread)
5) Player list/ladder. Including their e-mail adress, recent tourney result.
6) (small) ez-board forum about STW only.
I think a chat box would be the best way to get people together.(after getting them intrested again) ~:)

Everyone just logs in when he has time to play. If others are logged in too, they'll meet them in chatroom and then choose server to play or arrange a meeting later. (mostly shambles server, coz tosa's is mostly offline lately.)

I think this is close to the endproduct.

This is for you, diehards! Enjoy! :bow:

Togakure
06-16-2005, 20:35
Tenki Sora is a good "real-life" online friend of mine now and I can contact him at will. I see him all the time when I log on to MSN Messenger. I will mention to him, the effort to bring more STW players back for some games. I imagine that, if I tell him WarPRIEST might be coming back for some fun, that might get his attention (he is the fiercely dedicated and loyal type; an admirable quality in my eyes). I do know he's been playing a lot of WoW lately, but I think his character was quickly approaching max level last I chatted with him, so he might be interested in a change of gaming scenery.

Shin-GaiJin
06-16-2005, 21:45
Ill reinstall the game and get back in this forum for details on the
fakeserver I need to set up,I wasnt aware that there was still such
an active online player base as there obviously is.
It will be good to re-aquiant myself with you diehards all and to meet some
new people too.
I look forward to it!

ShinGaiJin

Drisos
06-16-2005, 21:48
*big smile!*

Great news! I hope it works out, and then see you soon, I guess.

I've told many players to come online this saturday evening(in GMT), so if you try then, you will surely get some fun battles.

Celebration! Happiness! Shin-GaiJin has decided to return! ~:)

:bow: to you!

Drisos
06-16-2005, 23:14
These are just the clans which do have at least one STW-player and do still exist.

47Ronin group (http://p203.ezboard.com/b47chushingura )
7Bear7 Clan (www.7bear7.com)
Aggony Clan (http://aggony.freeprohost.com/)
Clan Takiyama (http://www.mizus.com/homepage/TopToc.html)
Grey Wolves (http://www.gwclan.com/)
Tenki Clan (http://p219.ezboard.com/btenkiclan.showContributeToCommunityChest?)

hope the links were correct.

TenkiWarPRIEST
06-17-2005, 16:07
I'll build a site over the weekend for Tenki.

Togakure
06-17-2005, 21:16
Tenki Sora was on MSN just now, but marked as "Busy." I left him a quick message and let him know what was going on here, and provided a link to this thread. I mentioned that WarPRIEST was around, so I imagine he'll pop in eventually. Whether he'll be into STW MP or not remains to be seen, but it will be cool to see TWO Tenkis for the first time in several years. EVer since I've known him, Panda has stylized himself as "The Last of the Tenki," remaining so despite opportunities to join more recent clans. My guess is he will smile to see an old clannie in the mix.

TenkiSoratoti
06-17-2005, 22:39
Hi,

*Soratoti blesses all of you with his sacred presence*

I haven't actually touched a TW game for about 7 or 8 months now (took me half an hour trying to find the login details for this forum) but Toga sent me a little message through MSN telling me there might be a 'new breed' of action coming up.

So I'm all ears!

EDIT: Ahhhh, so the Priest returns aswell ~;)

HunkinElvis
06-18-2005, 06:08
Hi Drisos.
I noticed that you put HuckaHucka on the MP Players list. HuckaHucka was actually me. ~D

Drisos
06-18-2005, 08:23
@Hunkinelvis: ~D Thanks for telling me. Too bad we didn't play.

Wow! Another diehard we see back in sword dojo! I am honoured to meet you, TenkiSoraroti. :bow: Hope you decide to play some STW again.

I hope to meet you sometime in the foyer. ~:)

TenkiSoratoti
06-18-2005, 10:07
I hope to meet you sometime in the foyer. ~:)

Forgotten how to get in, gotta look for the tutorial.

Methos6848
06-18-2005, 19:09
Tenki Soratoti san, from what I understand, with Shambles fakeserver it does'nt matter how you sign into the foyer. No need for the old screen name or password. I've got mine still set on the old settings for EA, but I've been told that it does'nt make a difference anymore. Come on in m8!!! ~D I'm there now actually. Got my cigs and my drink, I'm just waiting for my fellow Samurai to come to the field!!! :charge: :charge: :charge:

TenkiSoratoti
06-18-2005, 22:32
It appears I can't even get the game to initialise now.

Does it have a problem with XP Service Pack 2 or the latest Nvidia drivers?

Togakure
06-18-2005, 22:47
Hi Sora. Nice to see you here. To access Shambles' server (which is where folks are playing at the moment), change to data in your internet.cfg file (in your Shogun game folder) to:

ChatserverIPAddress = ShogunTW.no-ip.info
ChatserverPort = 8793
NewsserverIPAddress = daphne.eagames.co.uk
NewsserverPort = 8797
ShogunTotalWarWebsite = www.totalwar.com

Then log in as always (Play on EA etc.). Disregard password and CD-Key as they are not referenced by fakeservers.

If you ever find yourself disconnected after a game and have problems getting back in, change your name and try again. Sometimes an error occurs where your old name gets "stuck" in the server (it thinks you're still there; your name is grayed out to the other players), so you have to change it to get back in. If Shambles is there (our fakeserver admin), he will usually "kick" the broken name so you can log in again with it, but if he's not, changing the name is necessary to get back into the foyer.

Hope to see you soon m8. I got conscripted for a work project today so it looks like I won't make it until tomorrow. I'll look for ya then.

TenkiSoratoti
06-18-2005, 23:02
Ack, it doesn't look as if I will be able to play at all. The actual game fails to even start; disk recognition is fine but the game just simply fails to load.

It's probably just a matter of down grading my graphics drivers but it's a pain in the arse to do.

Sasaki Kojiro
06-19-2005, 01:00
Does it have a problem with XP Service Pack 2

XP service pack 2 works fine for me.

R'as al Ghul
06-19-2005, 09:52
Ack, it doesn't look as if I will be able to play at all. The actual game fails to even start; disk recognition is fine but the game just simply fails to load.

It's probably just a matter of down grading my graphics drivers but it's a pain in the arse to do.

Tenki,

please make sure that the .mov video files are played by the
WindowsMediaPlayer. (file association)
That could already solve the problem.

R'as

TenkiSoratoti
06-19-2005, 11:13
Tenki,

please make sure that the .mov video files are played by the
WindowsMediaPlayer. (file association)
That could already solve the problem.

R'as

They are all set to load with Windows Media Player yet the problem persists.

R'as al Ghul
06-19-2005, 11:17
They are all set to load with Windows Media Player yet the problem persists.
Have you tried the Win98 compatibility mode?
(right click shortcut, properties)

L'Impresario
06-19-2005, 11:50
Having not played MI online and wishing to partake into the wonderful exploits of 1.02;), I had tried to connect to Tosa's server some good time ago, but to no avail.
With of late renewed(?) interest, I re-installed yesterday the whole thing and following the very helpful instructions found in this forum , I attempted logging on many times, but after waiting for about 10 secs during each try, "failing to connect" was the message.
Maybe I'm missing the obvious? (Like connecting to the internet?:P)
Possible causes?

BTW this time I tried Shambles 'server

TenkiSoratoti
06-19-2005, 12:40
Have you tried the Win98 compatibility mode?
(right click shortcut, properties)

Tried that aswell, lol.

When I find the time I'll re-install a load of drivers etc.

TenkiWarPRIEST
06-19-2005, 17:38
*Bow*
Daimyo TenkiSoratoti

Many arrows I have seen fly in battle, but your spirit is like one that flies true, decisively ending the battle.

Yes I'm back.

TenkiSoratoti
06-19-2005, 21:12
*Bow*
Daimyo TenkiSoratoti

Many arrows I have seen fly in battle, but your spirit is like one that flies true, decisively ending the battle.

Yes I'm back.

Ok it seems that the problem occurs when I install 'The Mongol Invasion'. The original Shogun works without a hitch but as soon as I start trying to play the Mongols it loads but then doesn't load. When I look in Task Manager to see if it has actually started running it comes up with; Name: 'Shogun.exe' Memory Usage : 4,000k. This value should be at something like 100,000k seeing as it is a Direct X 3D application.

An annoyance that can easily be solved by a reformat but that is a huge hassle.

Drisos
06-20-2005, 09:51
With of late renewed(?) interest, I re-installed yesterday the whole thing and following the very helpful instructions found in this forum, I attempted logging on many times, but after waiting for about 10 secs during each try, "failing to connect" was the message.
Maybe I'm missing the obvious?

great to hear you're back intrested in STW again. I would have PMed you sooner or later to ask it, but you came yourself. ~:)

shambles server had a breakdown lately, and maybe nothing was wrong with your computer and settings, but you just tried the wrong moment.

first just try again, if it still doesn't work:

1) reconfigure for shambles server and try again
2) reinstall WE and reinstall the v1.02 patch, reconfigure and try again
3) clean up your entire computer and do things as in 2
4) go freak out because it still doesn't work
5) ask shambles, because he knows freaking much more about it then drisos
6) buy a new computer and do as in 2

~D

hope it works out
drisos

EDIT: this thread (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=48438) will prolly help you out.

if it still doesn't work, pm shambles. ~:)

Drisos
06-23-2005, 13:37
I'm very happy with the improvements STW MP has made in the last weeks.

Shambles server (temporarily off, but for the rest unlimited availability) is the place where people meet these days, mostly weekends.

- The 47Ronin group has 4 members active in STW again.

- The 7Bear7 clan are planning a comeback in STW. They'll have lots of players.

- The Aggony have only one player at the moment, but others might come too.

- The Takiyama are rarely online, but are still active in TW.

- The Tenki clans have two members playing again and some others still active in TW.

- The Grey wolves have 1 player at the moment, but Kansuke might join us again someday soon too.

Sid_Quibley, Tiger_Tamerlane, Shin-GaiJin, Mithrandir, L'impresario, UglyandHasty are coming back too.

Plus some others who lately came back, mimesaka and Paolino.

New taisho's like me, shambles, trish, rabid, hunkinelvis, shakakhan, drisos, 2ddragon, humanfly, MIlitantgeneral, jpg and more.

Diehards like R'as, Toga, Cha who are still around.

Tomorrow I'll start arraning for the big work. I guess it's going to take us several weeks.

I think I'll be doing the work mostly in on weekdays, and then play some MP in the weekends. (that'll help keeping the community alive a bit)

EDIT:

I posted a thread about this subject in the watchtower. Please check it out.

Drisos
06-29-2005, 12:58
2ddragon and shambles, are you there? Please post here to confirm.

Dragon, have you asked your dad? What did he say? ~:)

Please check that watchtower thread.