PDA

View Full Version : joan of arc : total war

kreig
04-29-2005, 22:47
Is there one? if not i think it would be a great idea to do one :duel: :duel: :duel: :duel:

ShadesWolf
04-29-2005, 23:00
Im interested - If anybody else is ?

Interested Team So Far

kreig
ShadesWolf
Martinus

The_Doctor
04-29-2005, 23:25
A 100 years war mod. It sounds interesting.

I do not have much experience at modding.

If you can find something for me to do, I give will it ago. ~:)

kreig
04-29-2005, 23:35
great i never thought anyone would be intrested, If you are intrested in doing this mod, tell us here

kreig
04-29-2005, 23:39
if both you guys are intrested that would be really kool

The_Doctor
04-29-2005, 23:50
Yeah, I am interested.

But, I don't know what I could do.

Research, changing some of the .txt files.

I think there is a map editor, if there is I could give that a try.

ShadesWolf
04-29-2005, 23:51
I already have a modding Forum that we could use, as well as a website that could host the mod

kreig
04-29-2005, 23:53
ok, just tell me what you can do
I cant do that much tbh
Basic Skinning
Historical Research
Campaign Map
Historical Battles
Website design

Skinning and campaign are basic

The forum and the site u mentioned would be good

ShadesWolf
04-29-2005, 23:56
I can do

- Historical Research (Its my favourite period and I have a website dedicated to it)
- Historical Battles (cant be to hard)
- Website design

The_Doctor
04-30-2005, 00:01
ok, just tell me what you can do
I cant do that much tbh
Basic Skinning
Historical Research
Campaign Map
Historical Battles
Website design

Skinning and campaign are basic

I can skin, but it is very basic.

I think anybody can do research.

I can edit a map (change provinces, armies, etc), but I cannot make a new map. As I said before, I think there is a campaign map editor.

I got an A in website design in the course (ICT AVCE) I am doing at college.

kreig
great, ill be back on tommorow morning
Ill talk to you then
Meanwhile
anyone else want to join the team now at 3 people
Just post here

ShadesWolf
The period is quite a simple one to cover.

We will need to decide if we want to cover the whole period, a single period or split it down into smaller chunks.

We then need to agree on how wide the campaign will be, this will dictate what factions are included

ie
England
Scotland
France
burgundy
Flanders
spain
Britany
Swiss
etc....

kreig
04-30-2005, 00:03
What do you recon is best

ShadesWolf
04-30-2005, 00:07
I will sleep on it and let you know tomorrow

Lord Adherbal
04-30-2005, 08:38
don't wanna be disencouraging, but why is it people start mods of time periods that are already covered by another mod ? How big do you think the chances are that you will find modellers willing to join your mod and not the already half-finished ChivalryTW ?

ShadesWolf
04-30-2005, 08:47
If there are any models availalbe that we can use for other mod that would be great.

This is a specific time frame covering a specific type of unit group. Therefore, I feel that the models/ skins will be quite different in the main to ChivTW

If we cant get any skinners/ Model people then the mod probably will not be abale to go ahead, but the units are only a small part of this mod.

It will be the campaign element that will bring this into its own, witht he fight between England and France for the comtrol of the French, mainland.

This is include, maybe,

- The Burgundian Wars with Switzerland
- The England campaigns against Scotland
- The Brittany campaigns
- It may move to include Italian campaigns

As all these areas are covered by the time frame and will benifit from a unique new campaign map covering the area.

kreig
04-30-2005, 09:28
exactly, I was also thinking we could have the irish as Mercanary's

The_Ferret
04-30-2005, 10:23
I'm interested.

The_Ferret
The_One_Ferret@hotmail.co.uk
GMT
Skinner
Coder

The_Doctor
04-30-2005, 11:06
Did the Wars of the roses start near the end of the HYW. We could have England spilt into the King(senate) and York and Lancaster. Later on in the game they can start a civil war.

kreig
04-30-2005, 11:12
thats a really good idea, nice one

Im not sure historically we will need to ask shades

Nigel
04-30-2005, 11:22
Adherbal, ShadesWolf,

I hope you two don't see your two mods as competitors.
I think that instead they could really benefit from each other. I love what Adherbal and his team have done for ChivTW so far and are still doing. But I also like the idea of a smaller capmaign - or perhaps several smaller campaigns in the HYW period.

A full campaign as it is now, all of Europe, always seemed quite a drag to conquer to me. The thought of a smaller one, which can be won before the tedium of the end-game sets in, is quite attractive.

King Ragnar
04-30-2005, 11:24
ill be willing to help with some research if u need it :book:

kreig
04-30-2005, 11:40
yeah, please do help
We need all the help we can get
we should have our own forum up later on.
We could do with some information on the units, like some concept pics, there may be some on the net

Lord Adherbal
04-30-2005, 11:45
Adherbal, ShadesWolf,

I hope you two don't see your two mods as competitors.
I think that instead they could really benefit from each other. I love what Adherbal and his team have done for ChivTW so far and are still doing. But I also like the idea of a smaller capmaign - or perhaps several smaller campaigns in the HYW period.

I consider every other mod as competition, and I think a competitive spirit will only lead to a higher standard of mods. That doesnt mean I gonna sabotage other people's work or won't praise their work tho :)

I just think there are way too many mods being launched that - sorry to be harsh - don't stand a chance because the theme is too obscure or unoriginal, and more importantly because all the "serious" modders/modellers are probably already involved in some modding project. Too many mods with too few modellers isn't good for the modding community.

That's the last I'll say about this (unless someone forces me to reply again), feel free to prove me wrong and turn this mod idea into a beautiful RTW mod :)

GaugamelaTC
04-30-2005, 12:21
Love the idea! Remember there are 21 factions, so if you don't filla ll of them up you could have the Irish as a faction.

Isaacdaninja
04-30-2005, 12:40
Sounds great. Joan of Ark: Total War is not quite the right name for it though because you can't have a whole Mod on one person.

Is the campaign map going to be just England and France?

Duke Malcolm
04-30-2005, 12:41
A Hundred Years' War mod? I would be willing to help in whatever way I can (except modelling, my 3ds max doesn't like me...).

If you have Scotland as a faction, I can certainly help there.

kreig
04-30-2005, 13:23
great, we will almost certainly have scotland
please do help

King Ragnar
04-30-2005, 13:24
is the final name goin to be joan of arc:total war?

kreig
04-30-2005, 13:27
current people intrested/ on team
ShadesWolf
Martinus
The_Ferret
King Ragnar
King Malcolm

and no the name is most likly to change

ShadesWolf
04-30-2005, 15:24
OK guys we can use my two Crowns forum to take this further

Link to forum dedicated to the 100 years war mod (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=50)

Please feel free to start what ever threads you want.

I can tidy up my two crowns stuff later.

kreig
04-30-2005, 16:15
ok. although as you says it needs cleaning up
Could everyone intrested please go there and post or whatever

Myrddraal
04-30-2005, 17:48
I don't think I ever seen a mod get so well underway so quickly. Congrats guys.

Would you like me to move this thread to the Two Crowns forum?

RedCoat
04-30-2005, 17:52
Why call it Joan of Arc : Total War?

Why not just 100 Years: Total War...you forget that Jean only appeared towards the end, and that the English won most of the battles and the 100 years war itself so surely it would be prudent to attribute the name to the English rather than the French or simply provide a neutral one?

kreig
04-30-2005, 18:11
could you move this topic thanks

also the name will probably change

Myrddraal
04-30-2005, 21:35
Moved, Shades can edit the title.

thelordskinner
05-04-2005, 12:29
Can i please join? but do you have your own forum if not please make one

Meneldil
05-04-2005, 12:49
Why call it Joan of Arc : Total War?

Why not just 100 Years: Total War...you forget that Jean only appeared towards the end, and that the English won most of the battles and the 100 years war itself so surely it would be prudent to attribute the name to the English rather than the French or simply provide a neutral one?

Well, the Black Prince : Total War sounded kinda silly (like a cheap LotR remake) and 100 years : TW was not really original, so they had the choice between "How a teen girl on drugs kicked some brits' butts : Total War" and "Joan of Arc : Total War" ~;)

kreig
05-04-2005, 16:15
lordskinner, you can join if you want please do
we currently do not have our own forum but we may set one up, you could do that as your first task if you wanted

ShadesWolf
05-04-2005, 18:09
We do have our own forum if you want one.

I have a forum dedicated to the 100 years war, which is a little sparce at teh moment, so it could be split and be half dedicated to this mod

thelordskinner
05-05-2005, 01:55
Okay i will make the forum!