- Spain

Maybe
- Lordship of the Isles

Duke Malcolm
04-30-2005, 18:21
Perhaps the Lordship of the Isles?

Templar Knight
04-30-2005, 22:36
how many provinces will be in scotland and england?

ShadesWolf
05-01-2005, 08:31
Templar Knight

how many provinces will be in scotland and england?

Not quite sure yet, I dont know enough about RTW, and creating a new campaign map. How many provinces can you go up to ? Looking at the RTW campaign map it has over 80, so it just depends on how good our campaign maper is/ becomes.

King Malcolm

Perhaps the Lordship of the Isles?

The more ideas for factions the better, when did the northern isles become classed as part of Scotland ?

Ideas for Factions

At the moment I have so many ideas in my head I will put a few down on paper for us to discuss. In both the scenarios I have France as the 'imperial campaign' faction

A- Factions

FRANCE
- Flanders
- Brittany
- Burgundy

Independant faction
- Navarre
- England
- Scotland
- Swiss
- Brabant
- Upper Lorraine

With this scenario, Medieval France would be split basically across its vassels, Flanders, Brittany and Burgundy would all be under the umbrela of France. The remainder of the map would belong to France as direct control.

I have included Brabant and Lorraine as these could then be captured by Burgundy latter in the game.

B- Faction
FRANCE
- Duchy of Normandy
- Duchy of Burgundy
- Duchy of ??? (Maybe Orleans)

Independant faction
- Flanders
- Brittany
- Navarre
- England
- Scotland
- Swiss
- Brabant
- Upper Lorraine

In this scenario I have split up what I class as France into smaller more managalbe chunks. I have also made both Flanders and Brittany independant factions in there own right. I previous description for the other factions stay the same.

The Question of Italy

I would also like to add Northern Italy into this mod, this would allow for a wider campaign scenario, and would include some of the italian wars.
However this needs to be thought about and researched, as I only have a very basic knowledge of Italian history

- Genoa
- Milan
- Venice
- Savoy ?

kreig
05-01-2005, 09:35
what about the irish

King Ragnar
05-01-2005, 09:37
At this time i think the Irish were under English rule so were the Welsh. But they could still have their own units which the English could use.

ShadesWolf
05-01-2005, 09:54
As i stated this is a discussion on what factions we should include, I have no leaning either way.

We could add some Irish factions as all of Ireland was not under english Rule. As for wales, from time to time during the period a numer of revolts occured.

King Ragnar
05-01-2005, 10:19
If we were to include the Swiss wouldn't we have to have the Holy Roman Empire( the Germans) it would be hard to miss them out if switzerland is on the campaign map.

ShadesWolf
05-01-2005, 10:59
I didnt want to go that far east, As they were not really active in the Hundred years War. A number of the eastern factions, Brabant and Upper Lorraine, for example, were part of the HRE so to some extent it is included but not in name. I feel having a faction called HRE as part of the game would not feel right.

The swiss on the other had, did go to war with burgundy, and if we included some of the Italian states they fit onto the map perfectly.

Duke Malcolm
05-01-2005, 11:23
The Northern Isles became a full part of Scotland in the early 15th, or late 14th century, after Norway had them, but the Lordship of the Isles were effectively independent until 1493. They were the Western Isles, though. The were originally taken over by Scots, then the Vikings came, then Somerled led a rebellion of Scots against them, and the Clan Donald was later established, ruling over the Isles with the Council of the Isles. It was an amalgam of viking and celtic culture, but mainly celtic. they spoke gaelic, and such things.

ShadesWolf
05-01-2005, 12:27
Ok sounds fine to me, I seem to remember something about 24 factions, so this will be a nice little effect to have an independant faction on the scottish borders.

Duke Malcolm
05-01-2005, 13:06
I thought that there were 21 factions (including the senate + roman factions)

ShadesWolf
05-01-2005, 13:31
I was going from memory, perhaps it is 21 factions.

Templar Knight
05-01-2005, 13:40
some info on them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_of_the_Isles