PDA

View Full Version : Logfile Reader For Rome?

Tomisama
04-30-2005, 21:11
Do any of you know if there is a reader available?

A Works spreadsheet template would be great!

Thanks in advance ~:cool:

NihilisticCow
04-30-2005, 21:37
I've half written one, I'll complete it if no-one else suggests another.

You can read the log files in word pad fine, it's just notepad that can't handle the end of line characters.

Nigel
05-01-2005, 11:17
Would be great if you could complete it.
I am not aware of any other for RTW.

Thanks for your efforts.

Tomisama
05-01-2005, 13:40
Yes please Nihil,

It would be a great benefit to the whole community :saint:

Beefy
05-01-2005, 13:52
logfile? ~:confused:

NihilisticCow
05-01-2005, 13:58
If you look in your logfiles sub directory of rtw, you'll probably find a logfile for each multiplayer game you've played (and single player if you've enabled that option) showing the units, upgrades, kills etc. people had.

I'll take a look at what I have written for a log file reader and try to complete something when I have finished my replay explorer/organiser...

Tomisama
05-01-2005, 14:55
To get Logfiles recorded and labeled by date, you will need to have your game preferences file entries set to:

ALWAYS_LOGFILE:TRUE
TIMESTAMP_LOGFILE:TRUE

Just open the preferences document, change the two entries to TRUE, and save the file.

Logfiles are an valuable resource if you have a reader to help display the information in an organized way.

Go With Honor – Keep The Code

Olorin I
05-02-2005, 15:15
Try opening the logfile with Microsoft Word. Click on the defaulted option for formatting and the file will appear with appropriate line breaks and in a much more "readable" fashion as a word document. The stats are still listed vertically, however, making comparisons somewhat more clumsy than would be the case with a spreadsheet format.

Olorin I