PDA

View Full Version : so what "bartix" and what faction replaces armenia go then?!!

Abokasee
05-01-2005, 12:12
tell what bartix and the faction that replaces armenia got then??
:furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3:
:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

jerby
05-01-2005, 15:50
bartix?

The Wizard
05-01-2005, 16:09
What, where, who, when and how?

~Wiz ~:confused:

eadingas
05-01-2005, 16:24
Yes.

Teleklos Archelaou
05-01-2005, 16:33
Possible nomination for "post of the year" for this initial post?

Ranika
05-01-2005, 16:36
What the hell? The innate non-sensical glee of this makes me afraid. But my constant desire to be helpful means I have to answer a question. Because this makes no sense, I'll instead answer the question "What is the history of the zipper?"

The zipper had numerous 'inventors', the first of which was Elias Howe, who invented the sewing machine, and received a patent in 1851 for an 'Automatic, Continuous Clothing Closure.' Perhaps it was the success of his sewing machine which caused Elias not to pursue marketing his clothing closure.

In 1895, Mr. Whitcomb Judson (who also invented the 'Pneumatic Street Railway') marketed a 'Clasp Locker' a device similar to the 1851 Howe patent. Being first to market gave Whitcomb the credit of being the 'Inventor of the Zipper', However, his 1893 patent did not use the word zipper. The Chicago inventor's 'Clasp Locker' was a complicated hook-and-eye shoe fastener. Together with businessman Colonel Lewis Walker, Whitcomb launched the Universal Fastener Company to manufacture the new device. The clasp locker had its public debut at the 1893 Chicago World's Fair and met with little commercial success.

Swedish-born (who later immigrated to Canada), Gideon Sundback, an electrical engineer, was hired to work for the Universal Fastener Company. Good design skills and a marriage to the plant-manager's daughter Elvira Aronson led Sundback to the position of head designer at Universal. He was responsible for improving the far from perfect 'Judson C-curity Fastener.' Unfortunately, Sundback's wife died in 1911. The grieving husband busied himself at the design table and by December of 1913, he had designed the modern zipper. Gideon Sundback increased the number of fastening elements from four per inch to ten or eleven, had two facing-rows of teeth that pulled into a single piece by the slider, and increased the opening for the teeth guided by the slider. The patent for the 'Separable Fastener' was issued in 1917. Sundback also created the manufacturing machine for the new zipper. The 'S-L' or scrapless machine took a special Y-shaped wire and cut scoops from it, then punched the scoop dimple and nib, and clamped each scoop on a cloth tape to produce a continuous zipper chain. Within the first year of operation, Sundback's zipper-making machinery was producing a few hundred feet of fastener per day.

The popular 'zipper' name came from the B. F. Goodrich Company, when they decided to use Gideon's fastener on a new type of galoshes and renamed the device the zipper, the name that lasted. Boots and tobacco pouches with a zippered closure were the two chief uses of the zipper during its early years. It took twenty more years to convince the fashion industry to seriously promote the novel closure on garments.

In the 1930’s, a sales campaign began for children's clothing featuring zippers. The campaign praised zippers for promoting self-reliance in young children by making it possible for them to dress in self-help clothing. The zipper beat the button in the 1937 in the "Battle of the Fly," when French fashion designers raved over zippers in men's trousers. Esquire magazine declared the zipper the "Newest Tailoring Idea for Men" and among the zippered fly's many virtues was that it would exclude "The Possibility of Unintentional and Embarrassing Disarray."

The next big boost for the zipper came when zippers could open on both ends, as on jackets. Despite the limited successes, the amount of products with the zipper being produced weren't exactly vast. The United States Navy, however, placed an order for several thousand of the items, to be tailored onto certain uniforms, for interior pockets, trousers, and as the main closure for overcoats. This greatly enhanced the popularity of the zipper via footage of the events of World War 2, and the zipper subsequently became the main fixture on most articles of men's clothing.

eadingas
05-01-2005, 17:00
You forgot the part where japanese called Tadao Yoshida established a company called Yoshida Kogyo Kabushikikaisha, and started mass producing zippers all over the world, hence the letters "YKK" on vast majority of quality zipperware.

Ranika
05-01-2005, 17:03
Yeah, I missed a lot. I mostly cannibalized random online factoids, added a few bits here and there. I could've written something better from memory, but I refuse to waste the brain cells making a bad joke about the friggin zipper. I was going to follow more past the WW2 era, when the zipper caught on big, but, really, I was tired of the joke three paragraphs earlier. I must say though, this condescention is kind of fun. Something I don't normally engage in. ...But, damn, it was so easy. I mean, I try to be mindful and respectful. But...come on.

eadingas
05-01-2005, 17:10
Also it shows just what kind of knowledge the EB team posessess :) WE KNOW ALL :D

Ranika
05-01-2005, 17:18
Yes, fear our clothing closure knowledge skills! EB will be able to tout having the most accurate buttons, clasps, pins, ties, and belts of any mod! The entire mod can center around getting your general out of bed and getting him dressed for various events, such as battle, feasts, diplomatic sessions, and ceremonies.

Knowing everything doesn't seem to be that cool. Just look at that shit on the zipper. Mary of mercy, that junk is boring. Yet I feel strangely compelled to write an actual diatribe on the zipper from memory, as I could probably do one more accurately. But screw that. Man that stuff sucks. All knowledge includes huge amounts of remarkably boring slop. Assume we do know all of human history. We must be superhuman to not be bored to death. For every cool event and invention, there are a trillion remarkably boring ones. More than being a sign of our knowledge, it is a sign of our mental fortitude.

jerby
05-01-2005, 17:43
I think im gonna quote him in my sig...

alman7272
05-01-2005, 17:44
Baktria does not replace Armenia, but Numidia.

Ranika
05-01-2005, 17:51
Is that what he's asking about? Seriously, I'm horridly confused by his query. I don't recall anyone ever mentioning a removal of Armenia, and Bartix is a Gallic name. I thought maybe he was talking about Galatians maybe, since they inhabited the same general area. Though, I still don't get his question, and I think something is left unanswered, but I really can't tell what. Plus all those smilies scare me.

alman7272
05-01-2005, 20:38
I don't know, but I figured that by "bartix" he meant Baktria, which is the only "new" faction I've heard of.

Abokasee
05-01-2005, 20:52
f**king hell are you all 20 watt light bulbs this is what i mean

what units do bartix have
~:confused:
and what ever faction replaces armenia what units do they have??? ~:confused:

:charge: :charge: :charge: :charge: :charge: :charge: :charge:

khelvan
05-01-2005, 21:04
f**king hell are you all 20 watt light bulbs this is what i meanI like cheese.

The samnite
05-01-2005, 21:13

I prefer to refer to myself as a '40 watt' light bulb if you don't mind.

GoreBag
05-01-2005, 21:17
I like cheese.

Mm. Most cheeses do not compare to the mighty curd, however.

Big_John
05-01-2005, 21:23
BEST THREAD EVAR!!!

seriously khelvan.. what units does bartix have? and since armenia is NOT being remeoved from EB, what faction is replacing them? the people of "PLANET EARTH" need to know. can we have a bartix preview this friday?

khelvan
05-01-2005, 21:44
I am afraid I cannot reveal such sensitive information. Anyone who does will be forced to zipper his pants while not wearing underwear.

Colovion
05-01-2005, 21:45
bring us poutine in historical clarity

woe to thee you who usurpe the greatness of moulded lactose with thy claims of intolerance

you bigots against cheese, I despise thee

Big_John
05-01-2005, 21:46
what, there are no women on the EB team? meh.. sexelitismatismistness.

Ellesthyan
05-01-2005, 21:48

what units do bartix have
~:confused:
and what ever faction replaces armenia what units do they have??? ~:confused:

"Dear lord, sirs, I fear you've got an IQ far below average, since my question was quite clear. As I still desire an answer, I will take the liberty to restate my question in slightly different wordings, that might make it a little easier to understand.

What is the amount of units that Bartix has, and of what kind will they be?
And my second question regarding the faction that replaces Armenia: which nation or state will it represent, and how many and which units will it support?

To strengthen the fact that I am extremely confused and that I desire a appropiate answer as fast as reasonably may be possible, I will add a few little drawings, representing two faces in confusing, and twenty-one faces astride a toyhorse charging at an imaginairy enemy."

My lord, I have translated this encoded, barbarian message sent to us by St0p1d L33t of the Brainless people of the Moronic Pits. Since this work has taken slightly longer than the five minutes I was expecting, to be precise, at least three weeks, I hope Your Highness will not forget to, in his holy goodness, leave a little gift to my unworthy House.
In less good news, I fear I will be disabled from further translating work, after this hard and mindgobbling piece, for at least a few months. As I have included the original message, I dare say Your Higness will recognise my need and will not, in his holy justice, bestow my unworthy soul with punishment far beyond my wildest dreams, as is usual for incompetent translators.

With a most humble greeting,
Ellesthyan, translator to the Royal Court

GoreBag
05-01-2005, 21:54
bring us poutine in historical clarity

woe to thee you who usurpe the greatness of moulded lactose with thy claims of intolerance

you bigots against cheese, I despise thee

Actually, real poutine is basically boiled potatoes. You can buy it in cans down east. The Outaouais poutine, albeit a bastardization, is incredibly tasty, though.

TheTank
05-01-2005, 21:54
Abokasee I don't believe your are from planet earth.
I think you are from mars or better from Uranus ........ ~;)
When does the Uranian invasion start ?!!...........

Colovion
05-01-2005, 22:03
Actually, real poutine is basically boiled potatoes. You can buy it in cans down east. The Outaouais poutine, albeit a bastardization, is incredibly tasty, though.

but still, they're two strands from a similar cause

Poutine râpée, an Acadian tradition, is similar to German Klöße; composed of "a ball of grated and mashed potato, salted, filled with pork in the centre, and boiled" - wiki

they all have one thing in common, the delight of potato consumption

sharrukin
05-01-2005, 22:08
Attempting to translate!

We have a clinic, we have a Polish race car driver, we have a supply company and we have a random invented word!

I am guessing the clinic for obvious reasons, and if you came from a town called Ypsilanti and Michigan you might have some issues as well. He could be from Uranus but isn't Michigan also a possibility! Perhaps a Polish race car drive from Michigan and we are just being insensitive.

Bartix clinic in ypsilanti, michigan

Bartix Supply Technology Inc 15040 W 52nd Ave Golden, CO

Ranking; 63 Bartix T wroclaw (Poland) 21:59.69 Peugeot 206

Gartix

Random word invented circa 2002 by sravan. There are several variations: gartix fartix kabartix nartix bartix, etc..

sravan: gartix
Eagle7186: kabartix

GoreBag
05-01-2005, 22:15
but still, they're two strands from a similar cause

Poutine râpée, an Acadian tradition, is similar to German Klöße; composed of "a ball of grated and mashed potato, salted, filled with pork in the centre, and boiled" - wiki

they all have one thing in common, the delight of potato consumption

Ha! No, I would say that the Acadian poutine's existence is a direct corelation to lack of money.

A little farther west, we pay great money to clog our arteries with the stuff. I would say that the cheese and gravy are what makes poutine, though, not potatoes.

The_Mark
05-01-2005, 22:24
Honorable TheTank, thou shalt not embolden offensive yet quite thoroughly descriptive letters hidden within nouns, lest the Uranians would enforce thou to snuff it.

And if our Royal Court does not deliver a hastied, imaginative response encoded in the 1337-Uranian language (as you understand, this information is too sensitive to be relayed in a language understood by the general public) to the Urinean embassador (Greatly honored Abokasee, currently situated on Tellus) within a fortnight from the arrival of the initial message, the Uranian invasion might not be so far away after all. With our best translator being exhausted from his last, horrendous effort, we fear that the deadline is too near.

Yours sincerely, The_Mark, apprentice 1337-Uranian translator, Royal Court of Europa Barbarorum

Colovion
05-01-2005, 22:26
I think of poutine as the Outaouais curd-laden meal

I'm going to have to go and have some tonight I think.

mmmm https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/colovion/DROOL.gif

khelvan
05-01-2005, 22:30
Just in case, so no one gets upset...Abokasee...
I have no idea what batrix is - do you mean Baktria?

We are not removing Armenia.

GoreBag
05-01-2005, 22:47
I think of poutine as the Outaouais curd-laden meal

I'm going to have to go and have some tonight I think.

mmmm https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/colovion/DROOL.gif

Most people do. I was berated by my relatives, though, after mentioning it on my last trip back home.

jerby
05-01-2005, 23:11
Abokasee I don't believe your are from planet earth.
I think you are from mars or better from Uranus ........ ~;)
When does the Uranian invasion start ?!!...........

he's just the scout...

"and what ever faction replaces armenia " dunno what he's been reading..

I think our friend has too much caffeine to click the smily button just ONES and not like 20 times... ~:handball:

im not a light bulb, im a candle

Ellesthyan, read my sig probably..

Steppe Merc
05-02-2005, 23:22
Light bulbs? I got a new lamp last night for my room... it takes 40 watts. I also got a lava lamp...

IrishMike
05-02-2005, 23:36
Hey, I got a lava lamp to, only thing about it, it takes so dang long to get going. Somewhere around 2 hours to fully heat up. Crazy if you ask me. Anyways I consider myself a xenon light. How many watts is that?

GoreBag
05-03-2005, 03:49
I also got a lava lamp...

You ARE a hippie!

jerby
05-03-2005, 11:53
gutter-thread all the way...

Abokasee
05-03-2005, 17:00
OK I'LL TELL YOU WHEN ALEIN INVASION STARTS WHEN YOU ANSWER MY QUESTION I SHALL NOT SEND FORTH ALEIN INVASION AND IF YOU KEEP BEING STUPID AS A 20/-111111111111 WATT BULBS I WILL SEND FORTH ALIEN INVASION WHEN PRESS THIS LINK (http://Google.com)

Ranika
05-03-2005, 17:09
I don't know if I should make a joke, or just be blunt. I feel both entertained at the sheer stupidity displayed, and remarkably irritated at the self-important vehemence behind its delivery.

Spino
05-03-2005, 17:11
OK I'LL TELL YOU WHEN ALEIN INVASION STARTS WHEN YOU ANSWER MY QUESTION I SHALL NOT SEND FORTH ALEIN INVASION AND IF YOU KEEP BEING STUPID AS A 20/-111111111111 WATT BULBS I WILL SEND FORTH ALIEN INVASION WHEN PRESS THIS LINK (http://Google.com)

I feel like a hundred dollars.

Ranika
05-03-2005, 17:16
It's remarkable how great I feel about myself today. The 'at least it's not me' factor is amazingly uplifting around him. Seriously, it's almost to levels where it's just not PC to mock him.

sharrukin
05-03-2005, 17:23

WHAT is you question?

Our translators think is has something to do with Bactria (Baktria) but we are unsure.
Does Bactria translate as Bartix in your language?
ALEIN means Alien
20/-111111111111 WATT BULBS, this means 20 ****** WATT BULBS? What is the part in the middle?

Regarding;

Come look at Element :Total War and have your say.

Element total war needs YOUR help were looking for campain map makers,modelers,teuxture makers trigger developers (and possibly sricpt makers).
(so we don't bush and musithians)

What is this last part?

And yes you do need :help: :help: :help: :help: and even more :book:

Aymar de Bois Mauri
05-03-2005, 17:35
It's remarkable how great I feel about myself today. The 'at least it's not me' factor is amazingly uplifting around him. Seriously, it's almost to levels where it's just not PC to mock him.LOLOLOL :grin:

BTW, beautifull zipper post, Ranika. Very adequate. Almost as good as Ellesthyan's one. :laugh4:

Aymar de Bois Mauri
05-03-2005, 17:37
WHAT is you question?

Our translators think is has something to do with Bactria (Baktria) but we are unsure.
Does Bactria translate as Bartix in your language?
ALEIN means Alien
20/-111111111111 WATT BULBS, this means 20 ****** WATT BULBS? What is the part in the middle?

Regarding;

Come look at Element :Total War and have your say.

Element total war needs YOUR help were looking for campain map makers,modelers,teuxture makers trigger developers (and possibly sricpt makers).

What is this last part?

And yes you do need :help: :help: :help: :help: and even more :book:HE!HE!HE!HE! :grin2: Forget it...

Big_John
05-03-2005, 17:45
haha, abokasee is my new favorite (junior) member. the google link was a nice touch. :bow:

Ranika
05-03-2005, 17:48
Thanks, the zipper is an important invention, and often overlooked, though I admit, understanding an impending alein invasion is of far greater importance.

jerby
05-03-2005, 17:52
i thought teh two weird-ass posts in one day were just a sudden outburst of (probaly) caffeine or something. but I guess his problkems are of a more permanent nature...
Coudl we stickey this? EB could use a laugh

Ranika
05-03-2005, 18:00
If English is his first language, I will laugh until I collapse on the ground crying. And then laugh more. And then die a little inside... Then laugh.

Abokasee
05-03-2005, 18:46
F**K I HAVE NEVER FLET SO S**T FACED SO QUICKLY!!!!!!

:rifle: :rifle: :rifle: :rifle: :rifle: :rifle:
:help: :rifle: :rifle: :rifle: :rifle: :rifle: :rifle:
:rifle: :rifle: :rifle: :rifle: :rifle: :rifle:

Ranika
05-03-2005, 19:01
It's so odd. Almost like watching a dying star exploding. Things just keep winding down, likely to end with an explosive crescendo of such maddening destruction on a scale that can scarce be imagined, that one cannot look away. That or he'll just must make more of an ass of himself

Abokasee
05-03-2005, 19:08
YOU'VE ALL DRANK TO MUCH TAQUILAL (MEXION BOOZE) NOW LETS GET ON WITH F**KING SUBJECT WHAT UNITS DO BARTIX (IGNORE SPELLING MASTAKE'S) AND WHAT EVER FACTION REPLACES ARMENIA WHAT UNITS DO THEY HAVE?

~:cheers:

The samnite
05-03-2005, 19:09
Is this guy for real? I mean if he's pretending to act like that just to get reaction he is doing the best job ever. He obviously can read our posts (and is 'irritated' by them), and has a competent use of emoticons (not everyone can figure out where to get the rifle one).

Maybe he's an .org administrator, luring us to remain glued to the site, waiting for the next Abokasee post like so many caffeine-deprived junkies.

Or maybe HE is the alien... :alien:

TheTank
05-03-2005, 19:10
Abokasee when are you going to blow up the earth with your Uranian Death Ray ?!

Ranika
05-03-2005, 19:13
I think he may just be a subnormal ass. And if it's some one doing this intentionally, he's normal, but still an ass. He keeps saying 'Bartix' though, and Armenia has already said to still be in, so, if he's not some one faking this, something is really wrong with him.

Abokasee
05-03-2005, 19:15
Oh Thats A Good Question I Decied To Blow Up The Moon Or Mars Instead, Humans Too Intelligant To Waste.....

Any Way Answer My Question Any Way And Tank Don't Be A Smart Ass Just Answer My Question!!!!!!

Ranika
05-03-2005, 19:18
You're kind of a dick, Abokasee. And I still don't know what 'bartix' is, so I refuse to help answer whatever the hell you're asking. You say 'ignore spelling mistakes', but how are we supposed to. Hey, tell me what this says, Abokasee. Oh, and ignore the spelling mistakes.

Jfdslkajf klahguerilncnxnloedwioqwqm zjhbsan dfuiweaabkz ka hdui Jka

Abokasee
05-03-2005, 19:24
Oh I'll Translate You R Doodas For

Oh Deary Me...i'm Such A Ass Hole That I Want To Shag Everybody
Ps Mary Had Little Lam Etc

Your Words Not Mine....

khelvan
05-03-2005, 19:25
Abokasee, ninjas (http://www.realultimatepower.net/index4.htm) are cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet.

Just in case you missed it:

I have no idea what batrix is - do you mean Baktria?

We are not removing Armenia.

Crazed Rabbit
05-03-2005, 19:29
I fear to watch...yet I cannot turn away...

Crazed Rabbit

Abokasee
05-03-2005, 19:30
RANIX THE ASS HOLE (REPEAT 5 TIMES)
HE WANTS TO SHAG AN OBJECT
HE JUST WOULDN'T ANSWER ABOKASEE'S QUESTION

ANY OFF THE INSULTS LETS JUST GET ON WITH QUESTION WHAT DOSE ARMENIA AND WHAT EVER FACTION REPLACES NUMIDIA WHAT UNITS DO THEY HAVE? :medievalcheers: TOO ~:cheers:

cunctator
05-03-2005, 19:33
Oh, and ignore the spelling mistakes.

Jfdslkajf klahguerilncnxnloedwioqwqm zjhbsan dfuiweaabkz ka hdui Jka

That`s great!
I don`t know if i should cry or laugh when iread this thread.

Ranika
05-03-2005, 19:34
Woe unto me, Abokasee! Your reply was so filled with wit, I don't think I can go on! I am shamed! ...Except for the part where your reply was incredibly weak. I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

And yeah, it's sad, and hilarious, all in one horrible, horrible package.

Abokasee
05-03-2005, 19:37
Some Times I Think This Should Be Named Laugh Ur Ass Off The Rtw/eb Way Or Insult Zone....!!!!!!!!!

Ranika
05-03-2005, 19:47
Quit whining. If you phrased your sentences, questions, etc., in a manner anyone could understand, or tried to rephrase them in a way that can be understood, maybe some one would care. Such as it is, translating your insane ranting is nigh impossible, so responding to you in a serious manner is futile. But at least it's entertaining.

Colovion
05-03-2005, 19:53
train wreck

awesome

someone make me a sandwich, rye bread - clubhouse

thanks

sharrukin
05-03-2005, 19:54
Ok I think we are getting off topic here.

Just to remind everyone what we are supposed to be talking about!

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:
------------------

Ranika
05-03-2005, 19:55
We are discussing his query, Sharrukin. And it's been responded to, partly. We don't know what he really wants, and he keeps asking. It's more fun to just taunt him and incite a reaction, because he's being very demanding, and very irritating, while not helping the situation by clarifying at all.

Steppe Merc
05-03-2005, 20:23
Lay off the insults, Abokasee. You don't get any sympathy by insulting our members, alright?

TheTank
05-03-2005, 20:28
Lay off the insults, Abokasee. You don't get any sympathy by insulting our members, alright?

And we are not scared of your Big Uranian Death Ray !!

sharrukin
05-03-2005, 20:31
We are discussing his query, Sharrukin. And it's been responded to, partly. We don't know what he really wants, and he keeps asking. It's more fun to just taunt him and incite a reaction, because he's being very demanding, and very irritating, while not helping the situation by clarifying at all.

Oh, I know that. There is no way to take this seriously, as he is either incapable of normal communication, or simply being an idiot. It is possible he is both as they so often go together. I must admit I find this thread amusing, despite the fact that we all know we should not laugh at those less fortunate than ourselves.

khelvan
05-03-2005, 20:33
If you guys all insult each other, you'll get the thread closed. And believe me, none of us want that. :dizzy2:

Ranika
05-03-2005, 20:33
Like I said, it seems almost un-PC to make fun of him. It's just not nice at this point, but so easy.

What is this? I don't care about the question much anymore, I have my own damn question: so we don't bush and musithians What the hell is this? It's confusing, and in his signature, so I see it each post he makes.

sharrukin
05-03-2005, 20:40
musithians might be musicians? I truly have no idea what bush might be is this context.

You know this almost like decoding some ancient and vaguely related text in another language. As historians we should be able to do this!

The full text is;

Ranika
05-03-2005, 20:46
Alright, here's what can be understood, so far:

Element: Total War needs your help. We're looking for campaign map makers, modelers, texture makers, trigger developers (and possibly script makers).

This part, however, still a mystery. Let's pop in 'musicians'.

(so we don't bush and musicians)

Alright, visualize it this way. Anything? Perhaps a word is missing somewhere.

sharrukin
05-03-2005, 20:55
You might want to take a look at this. Apparently this 'Element Total War' has a thread as well.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=47012

We may simply be looking for a pattern that doesn't exist!

Vercingetorix
05-03-2005, 21:59
People called Romans they go the house :furious3: :furious3:

so we don't bush and musithians = so we don't rush and miss anything

Ranika
05-03-2005, 22:07
Excellent incite. Go Verci.

Teleklos Archelaou
05-03-2005, 23:10
I'm just wondering when EB will make the offer for Abokasee to join up. :sweetheart:

GoreBag
05-04-2005, 03:05
I noticed a tendency to end names with "ix" when it most obviously shouldn't. Check; he called Ranika "Ranix", and with "Bartix", I think there may be a pattern developing.

Stormy
05-04-2005, 03:57
http://lifeprint.com/asl101/gifs-animated/crazy.gif :stooge_larry:

Temple
05-04-2005, 07:34
Wow.

As hillarious as this post has been to lurk on, I can't shake off the feeling that the joke's on us.. I mean, is it truly humanly possible to be this incoherent? Without trying?

And what is "bartix", exactly? I'm dying to find out.
In his last post, he substituted bartix for Numidia. Maybe he just likes to come up with new words for stuff? Or maybe his friends (there's a scary prospect..) all call Numidia bartix, and he doesn't realise we don't know what it means. Provided, of course, that he's not taking the piss..

BTW has anyone checked out his "mod?" It's fascinating stuff.. Goes to whole new levels of creativity, I give it that much. Really.. Original..

Plus, I really really want to know why some people insist on writing in all caps. People, the Caps Lock key is right there. Use it!
Or Like This, When They Calm Down. Doesn't it take more effort to push shift all the time? You'd think they'd write without capital letters, to save time. But no. Capital All The Way Baby!

The human race astounds me..

Balloon: :balloon2:

Abokasee
05-04-2005, 07:42
Intresting anouth everybody the reason were insulting acother is ranix's insulting me,tank and ranix are smart asses and were getting with the subject....

GOD! i thought this was a thread not rome total war battle field with a small amount of surviors who lost there weopons and started insulting acother.....

Temple
05-04-2005, 07:45
You DO know his nick isn't ranix, right? It's ranika...

Abokasee
05-04-2005, 07:50
look tank stop saying i'm an alien,ranix (the reason i spell his name "ranix" is to shorten the text)stop insulting who keeps going on about my signature stop it and lets get with the subject

khelven or anybody else who knows WHAT UNITS DO BARTIX (short for the real spelling)AND ARMENIA HAVE!

Temple
05-04-2005, 07:52
So... Is "bartix" Baktria or Numidia?

eadingas
05-04-2005, 08:15
Well if Ranix is short for Ranika, Bartix must be short for Bartika, which is a town in north Guyana... I don't think we're having that one in the mod.

Myrddraal
05-04-2005, 08:32
"Bartix", isn't that stuff you do in pubs? "Bar tricks"?

Sorry Abokasee, I couldn't resist :smile:

So which faction do you want to know about? Numidia?

Temple
05-04-2005, 08:35
Well, if Bartix IS Bactria, the I think our friend has discovered a whole new means of communication, that could revolutionise the way we percieve the written language and render every modern form of communication obsolete!

We could call it the Rediculous Abbreviations Followed By -Ix Method (or Redabix for short..).

Abokasee will certainly go down in the historybooks for this one...

eadingas
05-04-2005, 08:42
Abokasix, you mean.

Productivity
05-04-2005, 09:21
I think this needs to go into the library once it's done here...

khelvan
05-04-2005, 09:36
bartix' militarix will consix of such units as the Asiartix Taxeis (light militia infantrix), Pantortix Phalargitix (succesorix levy infantrix), the Bartix Spears, and Indo-Greek Hoplix. Of course, the Bartiox Hypaspix are some I like the best. Just wait until you see our Kataphraix!

Big_John
05-04-2005, 09:52
Wat About Teh Xaxifaxiphrataxis? Yu Know! THE Whores With Most Armour????????????

:charge: :charge: :charge: :charge: :charge: :charge: :charge: :book:
:book: :book: :book: :book: :book:
~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers:
:embarassed: :duel: :duel: :duel: :duel:
:help: :help: :help:

khelvan
05-04-2005, 09:56
Sadly, we will not be featuring Xaxifaxiphrataxis in the bartix militarix. But you will get to see two versions of the Kataphraix!

Big_John
05-04-2005, 10:01
OOOK Kalvin! That News Is Phantaxtix!!!!!

~:grouphug: ~:grouphug: ~:grouphug: ~:grouphug: :furious3: :furious3:
~:eek: ~:eek: ~:eek: ~:eek: ~:eek:
:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
:drunk: :drunk: :drunk:
:snore:

Temple
05-04-2005, 10:26
I really like the idea of armoured whores! Will they be featured in EB?

Meneldil
05-04-2005, 11:23
He might be some kind of Asterix & Obelix (and all those french play on word gallic names with 'ix') fan. Though even in French, Bartix and Ranix dont mean anything.

Ranika
05-04-2005, 12:47
Khelvan has his degree in the linguistics of crazy pointless 'abbreviations', which may or may not actually abbreviate anything. He's my hero. This thread... It brings great joy. ...But needs more pointless smilies scattered throughout it.

Steppe Merc
05-04-2005, 13:03
Ah. So Bartix is short for the real spelling... which is? Can't you just tell us what you mean? We obviously don't know... and is Ranix really shorter than Ranika?
Sorry, we just don't understand you Abox.

Ranika
05-04-2005, 13:08
Bartix has been presumed to be 'Baktria', but he keeps putting an 'r' in front of the 't', so it's hard to say. Bartix may be some completely imagined faction (much like he imagined that Armenia was dropped).

Temple
05-04-2005, 13:22
My money's on Bactria. But Khelvan, couldn't you guys add some Bartix units to EB? Like an Easter Egg? If the Expansion opens up any faction slots, Bartix should definately be on top of the list..

Just where IS Bartix anyway..?

Ranika
05-04-2005, 13:25
If Bartix is Baktria, it's on the east edge of the Seleucid's land. If it's some egnimatic alien nation, we've determined Uranus. The expansion may include a Bartixian invasion, but I don't know what units they'd have.

Ellesthyan
05-04-2005, 14:16
Ranika, you're hilarious ~D

GoreBag
05-04-2005, 14:59
My money's on Bactria. But Khelvan, couldn't you guys add some Bartix units to EB? Like an Easter Egg? If the Expansion opens up any faction slots, Bartix should definately be on top of the list..

Just where IS Bartix anyway..?

That's a WICKED idea! Maybe EB could add a cheat code to get a big Bartixian Phalanx or something. Of course, they'd need to be aliens.

Wow, two points for Temple.

Proper Gander
05-04-2005, 15:40
seems that the folk of EB actually have some humour hidden under the mask of seriousness....

:tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato:

Abokasee
05-04-2005, 16:36
so whats units do armenia have?

Aymar de Bois Mauri
05-04-2005, 16:37
http://lifeprint.com/asl101/gifs-animated/crazy.gif :stooge_larry:ROTFL :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:

Soooo adequate... ~D

Aymar de Bois Mauri
05-04-2005, 16:50
so whats units do armenia have?Since this is understandable as a question and although I'm not the Armenian expert, I'll ty to answer it.

Armenia will have a mix of specific, steppe and regional units.

Every one of these categories will be recruitable in a different manner. Logically, regionals will only be available in certain areas and hireable by every faction that conquers the province.

As for the units themselves, I'll wait for our Armenian experts to reply to you.

sharrukin
05-04-2005, 19:30

Basic unit list for Armenia.

Rhamikspas Spearmen
Ayrudzi Light Horse
Shinakan Slingers
Razmig Spearmen
Aspet Cavalry
Malhazutyun Royal Guard
Mardig Swordsmen
Shinakan Archers
Naharar Royal Cataphracts

Temple
05-04-2005, 20:37

See! Now, was that so hard? ~:)

Now lets all give each other a big, warm, friendly hug. Come one, feel the love! You know you want to.. ~:grouphug:

eadingas
05-04-2005, 20:59

Rhamikspas Spearmen
Ayrudzi Light Horse
Shinakan Slingers
Razmig Spearmen
Aspet Cavalry
Malhazutyun Royal Guard
Mardig Swordsmen
Shinakan Archers

That makes as much sense to me as what Abokasix says... and I'm part of the team ~D ~:cheers:

sharrukin
05-04-2005, 21:29
That makes as much sense to me as what Abokasix says... and I'm part of the team ~D ~:cheers:

Originally Posted by sharrukin

Rhamikspas Spearmen
Ayrudzi Light Horse
Shinakan Slingers
Razmig Spearmen
Aspet Cavalry
Malhazutyun Royal Guard
Mardig Swordsmen
Shinakan Archers

Oh, Eadingas that is very sad! You haven't been paying attention in class!

Malhazutyun Royal Guard
The Malhazutyun are the royal guard that was traditionally organized and headed to the house of Khorkhoruni.

Ayrudzi Light Horse
Ayrudzi means horseman

Razmig Spearmen
Razmig means Fighter

Mardig Swordsmen
Mardig means Warrior

Shinakan Archers
Shinakan Slingers
shinakans are peasants

Rhamikspas Spearmen
ramiks (Rhamiks) are plebeians or the middle class.

Aspet Cavalry
aspet means knight

The nakharars (Naharar) were the princely lords of the country.

We could add Bartix Heavy Infantry I suppose?

Dooz
05-04-2005, 23:03
Ayrudzi Light Horse
Ayrudzi means horseman

Ayrudzi actually means "lion's". Ayrudz means lion, and Ayrudzi is the possesive of lion.

The Wizard
05-04-2005, 23:30
This thread got it all -- it went from total confusion to slapstick to standup to serious historical discussion!

I'd almost put it on my favorites. ~;)

Almost.

~Wiz

Dooz
05-04-2005, 23:38
Heh, heh. If this doesn't go in your favorites, what is in there?

sharrukin
05-05-2005, 01:34
Ayrudzi actually means "lion's". Ayrudz means lion, and Ayrudzi is the possesive of lion.

Well I am not a native Armenian speaker so I am not going to take any hard and fast position on this. From various websites I found this as well as having had this mentioned by someone else on the forum. Of course large numbers of people saying something stupid doesn't make it clever.

Are you a native Armenian speaker as we could certainly use one of those to go over some of these things. If you are not then why are you certain this word means lion? I would like to see this corrected if it is incorrect.

The Roman historian Sallustius Crispus wrote that the Armenian [Ayrudzi - lit.
horsemen] Cavalry was "remarkable by the beauty of their horses and .

the Armenian warrior horsemen [the Ayrudzi] would continue down the many
millennia, distinguishing itself in the battlefields throughout the centuries,

Armenian army in particular the regiments of horsemen were 'remarkable by the
beauty of their horses and armor' ( Ayrudzi, literary means-the horsemen. .

( Ayrudzi, literary means-the horsemen. Horses in Armenia, since ancient times

Dooz
05-05-2005, 03:23
Yes, I am a native Armenian speaker. I was born in Armenia and it is my first language, along with English (if you can call it that). I'd love to help out with the mod if possible, sure.

sharrukin
05-05-2005, 03:41
Yes, I am a native Armenian speaker. I was born in Armenia and it is my first language, along with English (if you can call it that). I'd love to help out with the mod if possible, sure.

Where did you get the information on the Ayrudzi?

Could you find (old Armenian if possible) the Armenian word for;
Armenian has been infuenced by Turkish so try to avoid thoses if you can.

Standard (flag)
Bearer
Spear or Spearmen
Light
Horse
General
Guard
officer
Sling or Slingers
Cavalry
Royal
Sword or Swordsmen
Archers
Cataphracts

We have a some of these already but to confirm them and get the ones we do not have.

Dooz
05-05-2005, 04:08
Where did you get the information on the Ayrudzi?

Could you find (old Armenian if possible) the Armenian word for;
Armenian has been infuenced by Turkish so try to avoid thoses if you can.

Standard (flag)
Bearer
Spear or Spearmen
Light
Horse
General
Guard
officer
Sling or Slingers
Cavalry
Royal
Sword or Swordsmen
Archers
Cataphracts

We have a some of these already but to confirm them and get the ones we do not have.

Well it's not really "information" I got, lol. It's just the word. I use it everyday... or... at least when I have to refer to something that belong's to a lion..... As for all these other ones, if you could post up the ones you already have, it'd be easier to just see if their correct. The rest, I'll try to find some stuff, 'cause they're not exactly everyday words.

Dooz
05-05-2005, 05:20
Standard (flag) - Droshag (duh-ro-shag)
Bearer - Standardbearer is Droshagageer (duh-ro-shag-ah-geer)
Spear or Spearmen - spear is Nizag (nee-zahg); spearmen is Nizagamartik (nee-zag-ah-mar-teek); singular spearman is Nizagamart.
Light - No real word to fit the way it's supposed to be meant here...
Horse - Dzi is the regular word for horse. Njouyk (nuh-jewy-k) is more gallant...
General - Sparapet
Guard - Tiknapah (teek-na-pah)
officer - Spa (like health spa)
Sling or Slingers - sling is Bars. doubt there is a word for slinger... your best bet is Barsamartik. Barsamart for singular.
Cavalry - Dziavor (dzee-ah-vor). That's more singular, like a cavalryman, but it should do. Ayrudzi Dziavor would be Lion's Cavalry... sounds pretty cool.
Royal - Nakhararakan (na-kha-ra-ra-kan).
Sword or Swordsmen - sword is Soor; swordsmen is Sooseramartik (soo-seh-ra-mar-teek); singular swordsman is Sooseramart.
Archers - Agheghanet (agh-egh-ah-net)
Cataphracts - Aspet is probably best for this.

I spelled them the way I assume it would be in Armglish I suppose. My dad and grandpa told me a couple of these, the more proper ways of saying them. The sling I got from the Armenian translation of the Bible (David vs Goliath section ~;) ) If I find any better words for the ones I've put, I'll put those up too. But the ones you already posted are pretty good ways of putting them.

Malhazutyun Royal Guard
The Malhazutyun are the royal guard that was traditionally organized and headed to the house of Khorkhoruni.
I haven't heard of this word or whatnot, so I can't say either way. Dad or grandpa haven't either. I doubt it's just a regular word. Probably more of a specific meaning, like a certain family. But the suffix of that word (utyun) is throwing me off because it denotes more of a trait... blah... can't explain...

Ayrudzi Light Horse
Ayrudzi means horseman
As I said, the literal translation for ayrudzi is "lion's". But I suppose the units could be called Lion's Horsemen or Lion Horsemen, as it could be used in a symbolic way.

Razmig Spearmen
Razmig means Fighter
Fighter or soldier.

Mardig Swordsmen
Mardig means Warrior
Same as above. Azatamardig means freedomfighter, so mardig is fighter.

Shinakan Archers
Shinakan Slingers
shinakans are peasants
Literally translated, shinakan means builders, but also means peasant.

Rhamikspas Spearmen
ramiks (Rhamiks) are plebeians or the middle class.
Confirmed.

Aspet Cavalry
aspet means knight
Yup...

The nakharars (Naharar) were the princely lords of the country.
Accurate also.

Dooz
05-05-2005, 05:25
Could anyone post up or PM me a full list of the Armenian units that will be in? Maybe I could help more specifically with that. Just like the English names of whatever it's gonna be, like spearmen or whatever like that.

sharrukin
05-05-2005, 06:49
As of now the list I gave you is the complete list of 'Armenian only' units and some of the others are of course shared with other factions. This really helps a lot.

The Malhazutyun came from a website dealing with the Armenian nobility.

nobility.artsakhworld.com

Are you certain about this one?

Horse - Dzi is the regular word for horse. Njouyk (nuh-jewy-k) is more gallant...

The word is not related to aspi/aspa in any way?

artavazd
05-05-2005, 07:25
Ayrudzi is two words ayrudz is lion in armenian but the workd ayrudzi is two words with ayr ( man) and dzi (horse) its a compound if said fast sounds like saying lion in armenian but its two words

Dooz
05-05-2005, 08:45
Ayrudzi is two words ayrudz is lion in armenian but the workd ayrudzi is two words with ayr ( man) and dzi (horse) its a compound if said fast sounds like saying lion in armenian but its two words

Ahh, that's right. There you go then.

And ya, dzi means horse.

jerby
05-05-2005, 11:20
ok, april fools was funny. but this. this is plain old hilarious.

ABOSIX is you read a normal EB thread here and there like The Lost Art Of Keeping a Secret. you will learn much more.

sharrukin
05-05-2005, 18:53

Njouyk (nuh-jewy-k) being what exactly?

artavazd

ayr dzi as a compound being man-horse (horseman) and ayrudz as a singlular being Lion?

Wonderland
Ahh, that's right. There you go then.
And ya, dzi means horse.

Arslan/aslan was stated as being Armenian for lion by one source but given what both have said here and the fact that Alp Arslan led the Turks in the battle of Manzikert I would guess it's Turkish (or at least not Armenian)?

Armenia is Hayasdan or Hayastan? The -stan endings are of Iranian origin but I am not certain if the -dan is the more modern or the earlier form.

This is great and very helpful.

Dooz
05-05-2005, 23:17

Njouyk (nuh-jewy-k) being what exactly?
Njouyk is more like stallion I suppose. Dzi should be fine though.

artavazd

ayr dzi as a compound being man-horse (horseman) and ayrudz as a singlular being Lion?
lol yes, basically. Here's how that works.
Ayrudz means lion. The possesive of lion would be ayrudzi.
On a completely different note, ayr means man, dzi means horse as stated. Ayrudzi is the compound word that comes from these two.
The difference is pronunciation and spelling in Armenian. The reason I first said it's lion is because that is the more common word used to this day.

Arslan/aslan was stated as being Armenian for lion by one source but given what both have said here and the fact that Alp Arslan led the Turks in the battle of Manzikert I would guess it's Turkish (or at least not Armenian)?
Yes, aslan is the turkish word for lion.

Armenia is Hayasdan or Hayastan? The -stan endings are of Iranian origin but I am not certain if the -dan is the more modern or the earlier form.
Yes, Armenians call Armenia Hayastan.

This is great and very helpful.
Glad to help EB ~:)

artavazd
05-06-2005, 01:02
Hayastan comes from the word Haik the legendary father of all armenians In the legend he kills Bell the King of Babylon. Armenians call themselves after Haik and with the rules of lingustics Haik can loose the "k" and be Hai (Hai means "Armenian" in Armenian) The word Armenian is said to come from two sources one of which states that the Armen tirbe of the Armenian highlands gave birth to the word Armenia, and another theory states that it was taken after the semi-legondary king Aram. (which was Aramu in the Urartian dynasty the first armenian kingdom)

Dooz
05-06-2005, 01:10
Just so happens that my name is Hayk (the original spelling of the name) ~:) . EB should probably implement that name as one of the family members, heh heh. Theres plenty of sources if needed.

Arkhesilas
05-06-2005, 04:04
Whole thread in one time
Fell of the chair
Still trying to breathe :fainting:

(some kind of uranian weapon of hilarious mass destruction, i assume)

KukriKhan
05-06-2005, 05:19
Absolutely the finest thread produced by the membership...ever. You guys could teach the folks in the Tavern a good lesson in interpersonal interactions (i.e. how to deal with a problem contributor).

khelvan
05-06-2005, 06:35
Thanks! I get a laugh every time I read the thread. I think I shall sticky it, to make this the gift that keeps on giving.

Dooz
05-06-2005, 10:46
Kinda seems like the magic has been drained though... unless good ol' Abo comes back with a zinger.

Dutch_guy
05-06-2005, 11:59
This thread is hilarious, really.
It even made it into my sig.... hehe

,''unless good ol' Abo comes back with a zinger''

exactley Wonderland,

Arkhesilas
05-06-2005, 12:00
Difficult to be has skilled as Abokix was.
Let's try:

[aboxix mode on]

I WANNA KNOW WHAT ARE UNITS OF THE NEW GAWLS FACTIONS REPLACING ROMIES AND THE PREVIEW OF THE JAFFAS BAND OF THE GOA'ULD BARABRORUM xPANSION PAK?

:duel: :duel: :duel: :duel: :duel: :duel: :duel:
:jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

[aboxix mode off]

Aargh. It hurts.
Too much...smileys.....
*agonizing*

PS:
This guy reminds me of a stupid internet game I once played, called "Boulet RPG". In english, something like "stupid 12-year-old nerd role playing game".
Very funny. The purpose was to write as much idiot posts and threads as possible without being kicked, and the number of replies gave exp points, used to buy nerd skills like "smiley-philia", "grammarocide", "maj lock", "dying HREF beacons", "multicolor typing", "1337 coding", "stubbornitty" or "revolting friendship".
Abox seems a high level character ~D

jerby
05-06-2005, 13:06
omg, its a stickey, aboxix must be proud.

Nowake
05-06-2005, 13:17
THE PREVIEW OF THE JAFFAS BAND OF THE GOA'ULD BARABRORUM xPANSION PAK?

Why yes young Arkhesilas, the preview:

The head-chopping season in Bartix - which is year-round - caughts Nowake drooling and engaged in hot pursuit of 2 armenian imigrants who thought their surogate heads would be secure in Neverland Bartix from the headless falxmen of Europa Barbarorum. While finally displacing their mellow Goa'uld brain-washed heads, he overhears their death-screams: Gah!!!

Take these 2 heads young
Arkhesilas, and keep them for the offspring, one never has enough...

Yoyoma1910
05-06-2005, 16:21
Well, though the thread still lives in a form, I suppose the torrential shifting of emotion and confusion has subsided into lessons on philology... Which I am currently studying :book: :book: :book: here in Austria, land of the chain smoker ~:smoking: :smoking: :beatnik2: :pimp2: :skull: As well as the Beer drinker. ~:cheers: :barrel: :medievalcheers: :toilet:

I simply want to point out that many young as well as old people, when first learning a language, may come across as what some may refer to as the "village idiot" whenever they speak or write. Often, words and phrases sound broken and senseless to native speakers. This is not neccesarily indicative of ones true intelligence. For example, recently in a course I am attending on the History of Austria in the 20th century, which is being held in english, a native of Tirol (in which area they speak a very specific dialect of the German Language) made a rather silly error.

During his presentation on The Role of the Austrian Military in World War I this fellow had confused the word "Allies" of the word "Aliens." Can you imagine our shock and horror as we learned that Austria-Hungary and Germany had been fighting "Alien Forces" in the early 1900s! After he continuously made the mistake for a few minutes, our professor kindly informed him the Mars had indeed not been fighting along side Italy, France,Britanniaa, Russia, and the Americans. It was rather funny... maybe you had to be there, I don't know.

Anotherrealy good example of a persons struggle with learning aforeignn language while being suddenly immersed in the culture can be found in the rather witty (though a bithomoeroticc at times) Me Talk Pretty Oneday by David Sedaris. A collection of journalistic short stories about an American who moves suddenly to France in order to live out some dream he's always had, about being aforeignerr. You can also find a good bit a his commentary at www.NPR.com (http://www.npr.org/) National Public Radio. Check it out... and maybe catch up on episodes of All Things Considered that you might have missed.

Also, It is also a fairly kommon Mistake for German Speakers to kontinue Kapitalizing all their Nouns or to aksidentaly replace all Cs with Ks. English speakersindeedd often have a similarly opposite issue with the German Language.

So perhaps the poor fellow here is simply going through some 'growing pains' as he adjusts hislinguisticc body into theadolescencee of language he isunaccustomedd to. I know many non native speakers who wish they could simply carry around a :help: sign. And maybe thisscenarioo: :help: :rifle: :rifle: :rifle: represents the anxiety he feels as people make him feel like a dull light. Which would explain the whole lightbulb commentary... which I do not understand happening, when he could have simply used one of these images instead of the word: :bulb2: ~:lightbulb: :bulb: .

Perhaps he's sitting at home,in frontt of his computer :computer: (possibly with no arms, as the image suggests) doing a little of this: ~:confused: :inquisitive: :cry: ~:mecry: :bigcry: . And so, to hide the fact that he feels as if he wants to :vanish: he has to ~:argue: :shout: :rifle: ~:mad: :director: .

Perhaps when he is telling you about an "Alien Invasion", he really mean "Allied Invasion." Maybe he's hoping for some american support and understanding on this one.

Or perhaps he has now found himself to be an actual Alien, living in a land he is not a natural citizen of, and this has made him very sensitive to the topic of beingreferredd to as an Alien. Maybe he's afraid of being deported.

Perhaps what he really needs, in order to express himself in understandable manners is not ridicule :laugh4: :devilish: :laugh4: :laugh4: ~D :earmuffs: :charming: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh3: but our understanding and support.

Come here little fella. ~:pat: ~:pat: ~:pat: ~:pat: I won't hurt ya. We can build sand castles :scastle: or catch flies :frog: or maybe build some snowmen ~:snowman: ! Wouldn't that be exciting.

jerby
05-06-2005, 18:05
Come here little fella. ~:pat: ~:pat: ~:pat: ~:pat: I won't hurt ya. We can build sand castles :scastle: or catch flies :frog: or maybe build some snowmen ~:snowman: ! Wouldn't that be exciting.

other gay-posts should be directed to the nudity-thread.. ~;)

Colovion
05-06-2005, 18:20
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

http://www.1stoppostershop.com/products/McGaw/celebrities/mg_GeorgeTheTimelessArtOfS.jpg

Simetrical
05-06-2005, 19:15
By the way, Wonderland, mind if we at RTR use your info on Armenian (with attribution, of course)? We're still debating whether to use native or English names for units.

-Simetrical

Arkhesilas
05-06-2005, 19:55
Hey!
I Wanna My Gawls And Jaffas Rooster!

Shigawire
05-06-2005, 20:32
This is actually harder to decode than ancient languages. But I think I've discovered one thing. In the original post, he makes a type of question, which in a court of law is called a "compound question". This is a form of question which the defence/prosecution can "object" to, and the judge will say "sustained".

Notice that he mentions both "bartix" and "armenia" in a "compound question", which may imply that "bartix" is of the same category as "armenia". If this is so, it means that "bartix" is possibly a faction. As mentioned earlier, it could in fact be Baktria. However, when a mind is lost to such lunacy, I doubt we will ever know what he really meant. Zully and Pox Nulder will archive this along with the other unsolved cases of the...
:wacko::dizzy2:-Files.

Abokasee
05-06-2005, 20:56
so times I think i'm a was dead when i was 1 and a half

teletubies-------> ~:grouphug:

terroist----------> :disguise:
U.S Ranger------> :army:

Abokasee
05-06-2005, 21:03
Notice that he mentions both "bartix" and "armenia" in a "compound question", which may imply that "bartix" is of the same category as "armenia". If this is so, it means that "bartix" is possibly a faction. As mentioned earlier, it could in fact be Baktria. However, when a mind is lost to such lunacy, I doubt we will ever know what he really meant. Zully and Pox Nulder will archive this along with the other unsolved cases of the...
:wacko::dizzy2:-Files.

"BAKTRIA" baktria,yes thats the word!

The_Mark
05-06-2005, 21:12
Good for you! :2thumbsup:

Guys, Abix is back! Oh, the joy..

Though I have to say I understand Kafka better than him.

Big_John
05-06-2005, 21:17

probably the single greatest post ever.

Nowake
05-06-2005, 21:23

You see, using the proper term is esential to one's survival. We once told Stalin about a recipe for meat and the bastid gave us "ghulag" instead of "ghulash".

Shigawire
05-06-2005, 21:27
Nowake :laugh4::laugh4::laugh4::laugh4:

BUT WHAT POWER IS I? FOR 1 YEAR OLD I MAKE HOME!!??? :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

jerby
05-06-2005, 22:22

we finally translated his first posts, and this is what you get...

Sarcasm
05-07-2005, 00:34
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the......

Twilight Zone.

khelvan
05-07-2005, 01:17
You see, using the proper term is esential to one's survival. We once told Stalin about a recipe for meat and the bastid gave us "ghulag" instead of "ghulash".Mmmm....ghulash....

Dooz
05-07-2005, 05:23
By the way, Wonderland, mind if we at RTR use your info on Armenian (with attribution, of course)? We're still debating whether to use native or English names for units.

-Simetrical

Nosiree, that'd be just fine with me.

Temple
05-07-2005, 06:51

Ok, Aboxix. I'm gonna try to understand you, since I sense a real message somewere between the blatant spelling errors and the arbitrary grammar.

"Sometimes I think I died when I was 1 and a half (years old)."

Is this what your trying to say?

And the smilies, what do they mean? Your childhood was destroyed by Teletubbies, you can't sleep at night because of 9/11 and you'r in the army? Little timmy fell down the well and broke his leg? Help me out here, Aboxix.

Lets try that in your language, to be sure you understand:

YOO HAV TO HELP ME
:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:
I Cant Unnerstan Whut Yoo Saying
:dizzy2: :dizzy2: :dizzy2: :dizzy2: :dizzy2: :dizzy2: :dizzy2: :dizzy2:
:book: :book: :book: :book: :book: :book: :book: :book: :book:
~:confused: ~:confused: ~:confused: ~:confused: ~:confused:

Pliz Mak Clr Whut Yoo Meen. Whut Iz It Yoor Trin To Sey?? ~:confused: ~:confused: :help: :book: :book: :furious3: :balloon2: :book: ~:cheers: :duel: :embarassed: :eeeek: :fainting: ~:mad:

the tokai
05-07-2005, 13:26
If anyone wants to know where his question comes from: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=47013

Shigawire
05-07-2005, 13:47
If there's one thing I've learned in Psychonauts, it's that people like Aboxix have their own secrets and emotional baggage.. you just have to help with sorting out all the baggage..

TheTank
05-07-2005, 13:57
Shigawire, Do you why there is not a new countdown to open beta from Khelvan?!

Arkhesilas
05-07-2005, 13:58
You mean he can kill squirrels with his only mind ??!!! :bow:

Temple
05-07-2005, 15:27
You mean he can kill squirrels with his only mind ??!!!

HE CAN!?!? Wow.. Who knew.. :inquisitive:

Does this mean we should lay off with the insults..? :hide:

Nowake
05-07-2005, 15:35
Where are our manners... Welcome to the .org; this is in EB style :bow:

Entre qui veut, reste qui peut mon cher!!

Dux Corvanus
05-07-2005, 19:31
Join the EB team today!
We need a voluntary for the role of submissive gladiator... ~;p

http://www.times10.org/archive85.jpg

Arkhesilas
05-07-2005, 23:15
Heeeeem...
It seems this stuff about whores in armour is morelikely existing than i thought.
Okaaaaaaay...

Temple, don't fear, Aboxixixix seems to confused to be able to kill through your screen. But beware of your keyboard and mouse...
Perhaps it's some kind of telestuffetic capability, rather than really telekinetic.
Or some kind of uranian death ray.

Temple
05-08-2005, 06:17
Still, maybe a little more respect for Aboxixixixixixixixixixxxxxxxxxx would be in order, since he seems to have the capability to kill us with our mouse..

Arkhesilas
05-08-2005, 09:08
Uranian death mice.
Nasty breed.

Dux Corvanus
05-08-2005, 11:29
Still, maybe a little more respect for Aboxixixixixixixixixixxxxxxxxxx would be in order, since he seems to have the capability to kill us with our mouse..

Mmmm, joysticks look more fit for treacherous agressions... ~:eek:

Temple
05-08-2005, 11:56
Mmmm, joysticks look more fit for treacherous agressions... ~:eek:

Hee hee.. You said joy stick.. :jester:

n00bicus
05-08-2005, 12:57
You might want to take a look at this. Apparently this 'Element Total War' has a thread as well.

We may simply be looking for a pattern that doesn't exist!

(replacement for battering ram for the faction like the battering ram only fires fire)
~D

Good stuff.

Dux Corvanus
05-08-2005, 14:03
Seriously, after seeing the 'Elements TW' thread, I think we should be more tender with this eight-year-old, shouldn't we? :baby:

http://www.apicknet.com/Algora/images/Dibujo/1998/JavierFornesAngona.jpg

Abokasee
05-08-2005, 14:50
look stay of tauquil and whiskie or you'll soon be typing

spaz wazza wejgp gnhsd jgsdfodg
lofds

Arkhesilas
05-08-2005, 18:37
nOObicus, you'd better warn before unleashing such sight destroying post.
My eyes huuuuurt...

Aboxix, you drink alcohol ? At 8 ? BAD BOY !

LegionnaireX
05-08-2005, 19:41
LOL this is the funniest thread I have ever seen on the internet. I will add some of it to my sig like so:

Dux Corvanus
05-08-2005, 20:15
Mmmmmh... tauquil...! :nice:

Temple
05-08-2005, 20:29
Wasn't Tauquil a roman general or something..?

jerby
05-08-2005, 21:39
Aboxix never stops amazing me... shouln't we make a separate dictionary for him? or at least an EB-easter-egg, or the next april fools...
btw, is he really an 8-year-old?

Copperhaired Berserker!
05-08-2005, 22:16
Tring to translate Abokasee's lanuage is as pointless as the pointless thread in the tarvern!

khelvan
05-08-2005, 22:54
Well, if he really is a non-first-language-english 8-year-old, he's way ahead of the game.

Arkhesilas
05-08-2005, 23:40
You forgot to mention that he was also from another planet

DemonArchangel
05-09-2005, 00:23
Anyone got the link to element total war?

sharrukin
05-09-2005, 01:14
Think this is it.

LegionnaireX
05-09-2005, 01:40
I highly doubt he is an 8 year-old. Like Khelvan said, if he is, he is way ahead of his time. Somehow I doubt that. ~;) Most 8-year-olds don't even know what the Roman empire is, there still playing zelda and mario on their cute little game cubes.

GoreBag
05-09-2005, 01:47
I highly doubt he is an 8 year-old. Like Khelvan said, if he is, he is way ahead of his time. Somehow I doubt that. ~;) Most 8-year-olds don't even know what the Roman empire is, there still playing zelda and mario on their cute little game cubes.

Hey, I'm still doing that. Do you remember that girl in the forum a little while ago who was having trouble beating her dad at Medieval?

Han
05-09-2005, 02:22
~D ~D ~D ~D ~D ~D hahahahaha this thread is annoying and headachy and cracks me up hahaha man my head hurts from the stupidity of some ppl on this thread :help: :help: :help:

Myrddraal
05-09-2005, 10:22
I got to stay away from this thread, it makes me burst out laughing at inconvienient moments :computer: -> :shocked2: -> :stunned: -> :grin2: -> :beam: -> :happy2: -> :laugh4: -> :dizzy2: -> :tongue: -> :thumbsup:

Myrddraal
05-09-2005, 10:27
Try to decode his interests and location:
Biography:
FINISHED STW AND STW:EPAX
ALMOST FINISHED MTW BUT LOST BECAUSE KING HAD THE PLAGUE AND HE HAD NO HEIRS
DOING WELL IN RTW
Interests:
trying to find out why there is so called "paint hasn't been used since before purchasing you pc
Profile Picture:
none

Temple
05-09-2005, 10:44
I was going to try to decode this arcane message, but I thought: Why bother. So I didn't.

Dooz
05-09-2005, 11:51
http://img209.echo.cx/img209/4861/sucks0ao.gif

Revolting Friendship
05-09-2005, 16:29
Abokasee reminds me of my younger brother, he has aspergers syndrome. Maybe he also has dyslexia or something. For the internet, that could possibly be the worst combination ever... I can't even begin to imagine the sheer frustration...

Shigawire
05-09-2005, 18:44
I know someone with Aspergers also, but not so severe. And he writes very well, so he has no dyslexia. Aspergers is a form of autism where you don't percieve body language as well.

Temple
05-09-2005, 18:50
The idea that hes dyslexic has crossed my mind.If he is, isn't it kinda rotten of us to make fun of him like this: Abokasixixixixixixixixixiiiixxxxxxxx WOOD YOO LIK TOO HAV AN DRINK OF WISKAY OR TARQUIL?????? ~:confused: ~:confused: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers:

Dux Corvanus
05-09-2005, 19:35
Interests:
trying to find out why there is so called "paint hasn't been used since before purchasing you pc

Now THIS is a classic of dada literature... ~:eek:

Revolting Friendship
05-09-2005, 19:46
Shigawire:
What was that, counter-arguments or something? Who writes very well, Abokasee? Your aquintance?

Yeah you seem to know a lot about aspergers:

"Asperger's Disorder is a milder variant of Autistic Disorder. Both Asperger's Disorder and Autistic Disorder are in fact subgroups of a larger diagnostic category. This larger category is called either Autistic Spectrum Disorders, mostly in European countries, or Pervasive Developmental Disorders ("PDD"), in the United States. In Asperger's Disorder, affected individuals are characterized by social isolation and eccentric behavior in childhood. There are impairments in two-sided social interaction and non-verbal communication. Though grammatical, their speech is peculiar due to abnormalities of inflection and a repetitive pattern. Clumsiness is prominent both in their articulation and gross motor behavior. They usually have a circumscribed area of interest which usually leaves no space for more age appropriate, common interests. Some examples are cars, trains, French Literature, door knobs, hinges, cappucino, meteorology, astronomy or history. The name "Asperger" comes from Hans Asperger, an Austrian physician who first described the syndrome in 1944."

Source (http://www.aspergers.com/aspclin.htm)

Temple:

You are really the hilarious one aren't you? Be my guest and mock your ass of, It's not my business. But if you think it's rotten and you still do it, then you got some serious issues too.

Temple
05-09-2005, 20:22
You are really the hilarious one aren't you? Be my guest and mock your ass of, It's not my business. But if you think it's rotten and you still do it, then you got some serious issues too.

Why the hostility? If it's not your business, then whats with the attitude? Honestly, I think certain people need to step back a bit and take a deep breath before they post sometimes..

Steppe Merc
05-09-2005, 20:32
edit: Oh, never mind.

Revolting Friendship
05-09-2005, 20:44
Ok, let's try that in a different tone then:

"Temple:

I don't think you are funny. While I can't stop you from making fun of other peoples shortcomings, I'd like you to note that; if you think it's rotten to mock somebody and you still do it, then you have some serious shortcomings yourself."

Does that make you feel any better? If so, thank you very much for helping me improve my people skills, now how about working on your own?

khelvan
05-09-2005, 20:45
We were all having fun, but let's try not to turn this into a place to openly bash someone. Whoever made the point that he may just need our understanding was a good one. As long as it seems good-natured and we're playing along with him, that is one thing, but to just insult him is another. Please keep that in mind.

Temple
05-09-2005, 21:05
Ok, let's try that in a different tone then:

"Temple:

I don't think you are funny. While I can't stop you from making fun of other peoples shortcomings, I'd like you to note that; if you think it's rotten to mock somebody and you still do it, then you have some serious shortcomings yourself."

Does that make you feel any better? If so, thank you very much for helping me improve my people skills, now how about working on your own?

This is much better, yes. Thank you. While I don't at all appreciate your insistence that I am somehow a lesser person than you, I feel better now that the insult is out in the open and not vaguely hidden behind cloudy speech..
As for my so called "shortcomings," I'll let that remark slide. I'm attributing it to a misunderstanding, due to my inability to communicate properly what I mean; english IS my second laguage, after all.

Why I need to improve my "people skills" is beyond me. This is an anonymous internet community after all, and I hardly care what people on it think of me. They will never meet me in real life, and if they did I don't think I'd be bothered much by their first impression of me in any case.

However;

Khelvan:
I appreciate what you'r saying, and I concede that perhaps I was out of line. My appologies.

(TomteofDoom: Respect is earned, not given)

Stormy
05-09-2005, 21:13
http://bartix.rze.pl/gr/f/logo.gif :rolleyes2:

Temple
05-09-2005, 21:36
http://bartix.rze.pl/gr/f/logo.gif :rolleyes2:

:laugh4:

Revolting Friendship
05-09-2005, 22:34
While I don't at all appreciate your insistence that I am somehow a lesser person than you...

That's your fears, not my insistance. I never said I was a good person, I insinuated that you were acting like an ass.

As for my so called "shortcomings," I'll let that remark slide. I'm attributing it to a misunderstanding, due to my inability to communicate properly what I mean; english IS my second laguage, after all.

You mean you are game for insults and crude jokes too? Don't mind if I do actually, but I have yet to see you make a major litteral slip.

Why I need to improve my "people skills" is beyond me. This is an anonymous internet community after all, and I hardly care what people on it think of me. They will never meet me in real life, and if they did I don't think I'd be bothered much by their first impression of me in any case.

I'm sure all your peers here are quite flattered by the amount of sincerity you vest in them. Really cute....

(TomteofDoom: Respect is earned, not given)

Err, right.... So why do you start whining when I give you none? Felt like you've earned it or something?

Copperhaired Berserker!
05-09-2005, 22:47
goodness tomte of doom, it was only a little joke

GoreBag
05-09-2005, 22:47
Policing his behaviour is just as silly as making crude jokes about someone whom may or may not be retarded, young, old, an alien, whatever.

Revolting Friendship
05-10-2005, 01:05
Berserker:
You'd be surprised how much less a joke this would all seem, if it wasn't taking place on the internet. I'm quite confident about this. Now sure, I laughed myself when I stumbled across this thread. But then I thought, here now, this has gone on for too long, there's no need to keep this up, especially not on Abokasee's account. Hence my post which really was no big deal, but what does that inspire? A desperate attempt to turn repressed feelings of guilt into a joke?... I mean...

That to me just wasn't cute, and therefore I responded as I did. But instead of appriciating my point, Mr.Temple spurs of in a frenzy of selfdefense. I was more than willing to let it go in my second post to him, but he just could not let it slip. I mean just look at what he writes after that. Instead of rolling over he tries to salvage the situation with some ill-founded bullshit. I just can't ignore that.

NeonGod:
So you do think that Temples behaviour is silly? I'll let you in on a secret then. I'm not policing anyone, and Temple agrees completely, I haven't deprived him of anything, he doesn't bother you see. With that said, I'm basically just glad we agree... :wiseguy:

GoreBag
05-10-2005, 02:29
I find Temple's behaviour, while perhaps tasteless, far less offensive than the TomteOfDoom Morality Patrol.

Simetrical
05-10-2005, 03:21
Why are we pinning this all on Temple, anyway? A lot of people were making fun of Abokasee (but not, as khelvan points out, outright insulting anyone, if there's a difference). I probably would have, too, if I'd thought of something witty to say.

I think Asperger's an unlikely diagnosis; the most likely possibility is that Abokasee is a non-native speaker and/or a dyslexic, in either case quite an immature one. I think eight is too young, however, since most eight-year-olds don't curse that much. Ten to twelve would be my bet. Any takers?

-Simetrical

GoreBag
05-10-2005, 03:30
I don't think age is a good method of determining one's maturity level or ability to communicate. Again, I point to that nice little girl who wanted help to beat her dad at MTW.

Dooz
05-10-2005, 03:34
I don't think age is a good method of determining one's maturity level or ability to communicate. Again, I point to that nice little girl who wanted help to beat her dad at MTW.

Does anyone have a link to the thread that involved this? I'm really curious to see how it all went down.

khelvan
05-10-2005, 04:24
I'm not singling out anyone. Certainly, he seemed to be playing along, throwing more nonsense posts our way. Playing along and insulting him outright are two different things.

Revolting Friendship
05-10-2005, 05:32
Why is it so hard to see that Abokasee, while seriously lacking the tact and litteral refinement possessed by most around here, isn't at all purpously trying to be stupid and insultive? I really think it would have helped without an early barrage of patronizing remarks from sertain smartasses, and perhaps a bit more patience from the general audience. Now I'm in no way drawing everyone over the same line here, but I'm not exactly impressed by the quality of interaction.

Many just used this as a scene for comedy and wittyness, instead of trying to focus on the actual point of the thread. While the inquiry was at best incomprehencible, it should still have remained the sole focus of anyone trying to anwser, instead of launching attempts to further oneself by displays of wit and humor. Now that's just tasteless, there are dedicated forums for that kind of activities I'm sure...

Why are we pinning Temple? Well, since I'm the only one pinning around here I'll take the liberty of anwsering:

That's because he took the liberty of anwsering back at my original post, with new heights of tastelessness. And while I don't think everyone else has acted in a brilliant manner, I really had no intentions of flaming anyone at all. Obviously, my first post was only making a descreet suggestion; 'This guy probably has communication problems, let's act accordingly'. What really flied in my face was the fact that, even thought Temple took the hint, he acted the exact opposite of what would have been... Well, human to do. Even if that was just an ill-timed attempt to squeeze out a few more laughs I found it foul enough to take offense, and that's really the only reason I persued the matter...

I think Asperger's an unlikely diagnosis; the most likely possibility is that Abokasee is a non-native......

He might be non-native too, sure a young one.

Still, I'm rather sertain that he has some form of Autistic spectrum disorder, and that suspicion doesn't have much to do with how he spells. Now having a mental disorder doesn't automatically make you a good person who tries hard, but it does render any presumed excuses for taking advantage of such a persons shortcomings, to far below moral human behaviour to be acceptable.

Now we cannot know anything for sure, but I just think it's better to let it be. There are really already enough ways to entertain yourself, I can only see eagerness to induldge in the humiliation of another human being, no matter the circumstances, as a sign of poor character.

I will stand for that.

Temple
05-10-2005, 06:58
What really flied in my face was the fact that, even thought Temple took the hint, he acted the exact opposite of what would have been... Well, human to do.

I read this.. And I laughed, and I laughed, and I laughed, and I laughed and.. Well, you get the idea..

Look, dommedagsnisse, I don't want a flamewar here. I agree that my comments may have been a little harsh, and perhaps inapropriate given the circumstances. While I don't appreciate being told off, I can certainly see where it is coming from. I don't think I went into a "frenzy of selfdefense," nor do I think I went to "new heights of tastelessness.." But I get your message.

How I choose to respond to someone is my prerogative, just as it is your prerogative to choose how to respond to me. But now we know each otehrs views, lets just keep it at that shall we? Theres no need to go any further than this.

eadingas
05-10-2005, 08:21
The day when we won't be able to laugh at silly people on the internet will indeed be a sad day.

Big_John
05-10-2005, 11:31
everyone just needs to chill and visit with my friend ali (http://www.mindviz.com/profile.php?id=negro_ali&page=0#comments).

as you can see, he has lots of friends, won't you be one too?

Myrddraal
05-10-2005, 15:21
Abokasee I'm sure is not insulted by our jokes, I also think that this discussion has gone too far, its far worse to publicly discuss any 'problems' quite seriously than to discuss what hes trying to say jokingly. I'm dyslexic myself, though I have overcome any problems I had I think, but some people are quite touchy.

Anyway, I'm sure ur not insulted by this are u Abokasee?

Copperhaired Berserker!
05-10-2005, 15:40
HE WANTS TO SHAG AN OBJECT
HE JUST WOULDN'T ANSWER ABOKASEE'S QUESTION

ANY OFF THE INSULTS LETS JUST GET ON WITH QUESTION WHAT DOSE ARMENIA AND WHAT EVER FACTION REPLACES NUMIDIA WHAT UNITS DO THEY HAVE? :medievalcheers: TOO ~:cheers:
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH (laughing at you for such a stupid pst abokasee!!)

Gobbo Fanatic
05-10-2005, 16:11
Hey people, stop making fun of abokasee, five pages of mockery is enough.
Your'e no better than bullies who pick on somebody because he 'speaks funny'.
Abokasee wants to know what faction will be removed to make space for Bactria and what the Bactrian units will be.
I already know that Armenia will *not* be deleted.
What the bactrian units will be, i don't know.

Dux Corvanus
05-10-2005, 16:19
everyone just needs to chill and visit with my friend ali (http://www.mindviz.com/profile.php?id=negro_ali&page=0#comments).

What's all that mess about? :stunned: Is there a pandemy of 'autistic mental disorders'?

:worried:

jerby
05-10-2005, 16:46
I personally think it is more agonizing/hurting to assume someone is mentally disorded than to make a comment on his way of speech.
and i centainly do not agree with TomteOfDoom since Temple isn't the one to blame.
I'm still keeping him in my sig, and I still laugh at the posts, and i dont think anything is wrong with that. i doubt he will mind that 10 people he doesnt know think he posted something funny. when the time comes and he picks up on his english he will understand what was so damn funny. Dont think he will kill himself over this thread.

Narog
05-10-2005, 17:32
Seriously, am I the only one who don't think Abokasee's autistic or dyslectic but just simply a talented troll?

eadingas
05-10-2005, 17:48
No, you're not the only one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Common types of troll messages or activities:
off topic messages — "Can anyone help me make a webpage?" "No, this is a music forum."
inflammatory messages — "You are an idiot for including this type of message in your list."
messages containing an obvious flaw or error — "I think 2001: A Space Odyssey is Roman Polanski's best movie."
intentionally posting an outrageous argument deliberately constructed around a fundamental but obfuscated flaw or error
including offensive media such as annoying sound files or disturbing pictures in a message
deliberate and repeated misspelling of other people's nicks in order to disturb or irritate them in a conversation.

I'd say that pretty much nails him.
There is also another type of troll, not mentioned in this article, the "defender" troll - a person who defends a troll claiming he's a poor sick/disabled/lacking skills person and as such not meant to be mocked at.

Dooz
05-10-2005, 18:13
I'd say that pretty much nails him.
There is also another type of troll, not mentioned in this article, the "defender" troll - a person who defends a troll claiming he's a poor sick/disabled/lacking skills person and as such not meant to be mocked at.

lmfno
~:cheers:

The Wizard
05-10-2005, 18:36
Heh, heh. If this doesn't go in your favorites, what is in there?

Er... 'Dell', 'Links', 'My Documents'... ~;)

Seriously now, I don't usually put threads in my favorites.

Damn, this thread is making me want to write without capital letters...

Or mkangi em wnta ot wiret whtiuot cpaitl ltetres

Looks like bantu! ~:0

~Wiz

The Wizard
05-10-2005, 18:57
Berserker:
You'd be surprised how much less a joke this would all seem, if it wasn't taking place on the internet. I'm quite confident about this. Now sure, I laughed myself when I stumbled across this thread. But then I thought, here now, this has gone on for too long, there's no need to keep this up, especially not on Abokasee's account. Hence my post which really was no big deal, but what does that inspire? A desperate attempt to turn repressed feelings of guilt into a joke?... I mean...

That to me just wasn't cute, and therefore I responded as I did. But instead of appriciating my point, Mr.Temple spurs of in a frenzy of selfdefense. I was more than willing to let it go in my second post to him, but he just could not let it slip. I mean just look at what he writes after that. Instead of rolling over he tries to salvage the situation with some ill-founded bullshit. I just can't ignore that.

Right now, since you seem very intent on holding the moral highground, why don't you, instead of going into the fight blazing like some idiotic Achilles, try to be the Hector and keep your head cool?

Since you lost the high ground the moment you entered into a dialogue about shortcomings, 'ill-founded bullshit' and whatnot.

Now you can get surrounded and cut to pieces. Tactically speaking. ~;)

~Wiz

The Wizard
05-10-2005, 19:04

Yo, my G, you iz rockin' that ghetto fabulous sheeeeet! Word that my man ali is the big g ova the-ya!

Seriously now, I think that's one damn funny fake profile. Too obvious, or otherwise some hoodlum that stole a pc ~;p

~Wiz

Arkhesilas
05-10-2005, 19:16
Seriously, am I the only one who don't think Abokasee's autistic or dyslectic but just simply a talented troll?

No, of course. Was already speaking of Boulet RPG.

And as Earlingas says: there's like a smell of...defender troll.

As nasty breed as uranian death mice. And works in bands. ~D

The Wizard
05-10-2005, 19:23
Warbands of defender trolls... interesting for an EB easter egg...

i see it all before me now... armored idefix's and their allies the obelix's fighting rampaging warbands of defender trolls...

all within the fine backdrop of typo city...

Big_John
05-10-2005, 20:13
Warbands of defender trolls... interesting for an EB easter egg...

i see it all before me now... armored idefix's and their allies the obelix's fighting rampaging warbands of defender trolls...

all within the fine backdrop of typo city...lol

i'm all for that.. as long as the armored whores are in too.

Dux Corvanus
05-10-2005, 20:21
Hey, kids, leave the poor retarded alone and stop throwin' stones at that defenceless hunchback one-eyed granny, or I'll call a cop and he'll make your asses red! :furious3:

Gobbo Fanatic
05-10-2005, 21:08
Troll-slayers:
Actually, think that it might be 'hurtful' for dyslexic people to be compared with those who have mental disorders.
And those who have some kind of mental disorder might be offended that you are talking about them like they were something bad...
But i don't want to be any kind of troll and i ask you not to push this thread farther.
Abokasee:
Mocking or not, don't post vulgarity...
Here's your answer:
Armenia will be in the game.
Numidia will be removed in favor of graeco-bactria.
Actually, in
this (http://mediamgr.ugo.com:80/html.ng/Network=ugo&size=728x90&adtype=over&affiliate=telefragged&suba=strategygame&channel=games&subchannel=pc&category=strategy&PT=hp&CR=mi&pez=tic)
thread somebody already answered that question.

Revolting Friendship
05-10-2005, 21:22
Temple:

I read this.. And I laughed, and I laughed, and I laughed, and I laughed and.. Well, you get the idea..

Yes, you've got a poor sense of humor.

Myrddraal:

I'm dyslexic myself, though I have overcome any problems I had I think...

I'm happy for you, and I'm glad you got help and support from understanding people to be able to do this.

....but some people are quite touchy.

Yeah... You never know...

Berserker!:

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH (laughing at you for such a stupid pst abokasee!!)

That's very subtle...

Jerby:

Look, the main point is not how Abokasee takes this, I never suspected he'd be on his bed crying, even thought it's a possibility, no the point is how you people are acting without consideration.

Do other people have to think for you or something? Noone should have to say that Abokasee needs 'special treatment', that should just have been naturally assumed. Is it worse to note it when noone else does, than never to do it and keep on acting utterly thoughtless?

I don't think so.

Eadingas:

You don't see that he actually tries do you? Either he's doing the best act I've ever seen, or he really just need some patience and understanding.

The Wizard:

Look, I'm sorry I have no popular support, so that I'm made the public enemy here. But I just had to do what I had to do. Just like some people could not help but making fun of abokasee, I just couldn't help but speaking against it. If that's just another poor quality, them I guess I have reasons to be sorry too.

Keep my head cool? Generally speaking there has been no cool in this thread since the word go.... Mostly a bunch of hysterical clowns trying to score laughs. While that may be funny, it's still pathetic..

Arkhesilas:

Then we have the even nastier mockery-trolls, they work in large packs where 'respect is earned, not given'.

eadingas
05-10-2005, 21:32
"he's doing the best act I've ever seen"

You haven't been around internet much, have you?

Meneldil
05-10-2005, 21:40
Though Abokasee might be a troll, I think people should stop what they're doing here. I'm not for any kind a moral policy, but I've already seen people having some real and serious health issues acting kinda like Abokasee (well, not exactly like him, but well).
Furthermore, the fact he posted all these infos about his mod would make me think is either really stupid or, as I said, having mental issues, and I don't see why people are still making fun of it.

You'll notice that Abokasee stopped to answer...

Revolting Friendship
05-10-2005, 21:46
Eadingas:

Not excessively no. But that was just a way of saying that I don't believe for a minute that this is an act. I could for all matters be wrong, but looking for excuses is just stupid anyway.

The Wizard
05-10-2005, 21:46
I still don't think this has become insulting... except posts like that by Berserker or that crap about mental disabilities... that isn't funny. That we are witty about bad spelling does not mean we are out to insult Abokasee.

We tried to answer his question at first, but it took us about 6-7 pages to find out what the hell he meant. Then we discovered we had answered the damn question on page 1, and he doesn't react to it.

And given, the spelling he displays is abominable. I don't care that he's dyslexic, as long as no-one is directly trying to insult him on that fact -- do something about it, like Myrddraal, by God!

~Wiz

Dux Corvanus
05-10-2005, 21:53
Noone should have to say that Abokasee needs 'special treatment'...

Ehem, that sounds like... ehem... 'final solution'? :uhoh:
Or are you only euphemistically calling him a freak? :freak:

Either he's doing the best act I've ever seen, or he really just need some patience and understanding.

Nope, yours is the best act we've ever seen. And what do you say he needs? Pity? Compassion? A slap in the back and a saint-like grin? :angel:

Mostly a bunch of hysterical clowns trying to score laughs. While that may be funny, it's still pathetic...

My grandfather worked as a clown for many years... Are you calling him 'pathetic'? Tsk tsk... bad boy... And what about hysterical mental disorder? Doesn't it move you to pity? Many people suffer from hysterism... are you mocking them? Tsk tsk... ~:rolleyes:

Then we have the even nastier mockery-trolls, they work in large packs where 'respect is earned, not given'.

HAA-HAA!

http://capefeare.com/nelson.gif

Now I leave, this thread is funny no more. Abokasee left it when you appeared, I wonder why. Maybe because the thread is funny no more?

GoreBag
05-10-2005, 21:59
I could for all matters be wrong, but looking for excuses is just stupid anyway.

So lay off the morality treatment.

AoM_Horus
05-10-2005, 23:01
I cant believe you guys dare to seriously discuss a persons mental health publicly like this, especially not when there is a big chance that person is going to read this.

Also it's surprising that so many of you think it's for real, it's not good when you cant tell real from fiction on the internet....

(Hey look there are some typos in my post i think, hahah im a retard.

Revolting Friendship
05-10-2005, 23:05
The Wizard:

What's your definition of an insult anyway? Mostly people are just joking around, trying to have a little fun. That's what the kids that bullied me for five years were doing according to them, and the same goes for the ones who are wearing down my younger brother now. They are just kidding around.... And you know how THATS understandable, both me and my brother are kind of different, so we have to be understanding of people making fun of us....... Yeah...

And, well dyslexia you can battle, obviously Myrddral is quite a competent writer, but there are other things you cannot do much about, and that requires that you get special attention. Do you for the record think a dyslexian can combat his or her difficulties without help and understanding, eh? Let's assume that Abokasee, if he suffers such problems, never has been that lucky.

Let's assume a whole buttload of things, because why not? Why shall we just immidiately jump to the conclusion that someone is purpously being a dick? Maybe you do because that's how you are? I don't know...

Dux Curvanus:

Ehem, that sounds like... ehem... 'final solution'?
Or are you only euphemistically calling him a freak?

Eh... Hrm.. No, look...How to put this.. :book: You know how some of us assumed that abokasee is a very young person? Younger persons, we do not treat like grownups, in the sense that, we do not expect them to act like grownups, and while we ourselfes behave maturely when interacting with them, we do not demand that they are to be on the same level.

Do you catch my drift, perchance? That's what I mean by 'special treatment'. So there was no pun intended. But I see you like to think so.

...The rest I'm not even going to anwser, because it's just... Well, I never intended to defend Abokasee, I thought I made that clear. I don't even think he would have wanted that, and that's perhaps why he left. But again that was never the point, I started this because I thought a lot of people here were acting senseless, not because I thought Abokasee needed help.

Are we clear on that now?

NeonGod:

Why?

Revolting Friendship
05-10-2005, 23:18
AOM Horus:

I cant believe you guys dare to seriously discuss a persons mental health publicly like this, especially not when there is a big chance that person is going to read this.

But people making jokes about it, that's quite alright. That's the kind of respect I'd like to think we should show eachother:
"schh, don't ask anything about his harelip now children!.... But do tease him as much as you want."

Logic logic...

....it's not good when you cant tell real from fiction on the internet....

That why we should be all the more careful you see.

Arkhesilas
05-10-2005, 23:26
>Arkhesilas:
>Then we have the even nastier mockery-trolls, they work in large packs >where 'respect is earned, not given'.

Yes, hordes of big bad mockery trolls being insulted and then becoming green (understand "more green than before") and joking even more instead of becoming basically stupid and insult him in return.

Hem. Aboxixixixix asked a question in the first page, that has been answered in the first page, and ALSO in another thread HE has launched.
I think that if he hasn't understood at this point, yes, there's like a funny kind of...problem there. And it's not a dyslexical syndrome.

Stop me id i'm wrong, but dyslexic people know they are, aren't they ? So they can explain there problem - and know that their behaviour can provoke such reactions. Answering with rather non-understandable insults isn't the best way to make people become comprehensiv.

And if he's just too young to actually understand what he is saying or what we are answering, the problem is not ours, but the one of the people that are letting him browsing the web.

Tsssss...I think Dux is right. Someone here is heavily shooting down the happy feeling that was there in ancient times.

Revolting Friendship
05-10-2005, 23:54
Tsssss...I think Dux is right. Someone here is heavily shooting down the happy feeling that was there in ancient times.

Oh I'm so sorry for victimizing you all, how terrible of me, and senseless. I shall immidieately lay of this activity unbecoming of a grown human being, and if so wished for, personally apologize to anyone who has suffered from my insensible behaviour.

khelvan
05-11-2005, 00:16
It is clear that this thread should no longer remain open, for a variety of reasons.

khelvan
10-25-2005, 09:04
I have the power to reply to locked threads, muhahaha!