PDA

View Full Version : Code of Honor

[seminoles]shadow
05-01-2005, 20:59
:help: do we add anything to our name once we have signed the code of honour? :help:

Beefy
05-01-2005, 21:00
if you like put CoH at the end of your name thats what our clan has done

[seminoles]shadow
05-01-2005, 21:03
ok thats what our clan did too...so my names like... [LofM]-shadow_CoH

Kekvit Irae
05-01-2005, 21:10
As the Code of Honor is a multiplaying (specifically Campus Martius) thing, I'll go ahead and move the thread for you so you can be assisted by the majority of the players who wield the Code of Honor badge.

Beefy
05-01-2005, 21:34
yes so my full name is

[VH]General_Beefy_CoH

Tomisama
05-02-2005, 00:23
(Thank You Sheriff Kekvitirae ~:) )

The _CoH tag is totally optional, but we hope you will use it to further the cause :charge:

News from the front…

Just received the 70th signee’s letter, but I know that there are many more out there, as we have only begun to fight!

Still waiting for an Org front page announcement. Tosa has written me back, and is having some kind of programming trouble.

A little “blast from the past” was uncovered recently from the archives of the UGLI forum by the Olds for us. I believe that this was written by Elmo, maybe as long as 3 years ago. He will have to tell us. It was again I believe, the “Code Of Honour” of the Honour Society of the Total War players of that day. I thought you might like to see it.

(And before anyone asks, I don’t know what or if OMO stood for, if anything. Again we will have to ask Elmo.)

Here is the OMO code of honour (note correct spelling you naughty Americans)

The words in the "What OMO is about" section reflect how we try to act.

"We will not flame..."

This means we, as a group, don't condone public statements or actions meant to maliciously insult or embarrass another person or group.

"...cheat..."

This is pretty self explanatory. We, as a group don't condone actions that provide an unfair advantage. We don't use any mods meant to enhance our own or another members' performance.

We don't condone the exploitation of bugs. We won't exploit them and we expect the same of our opponents.

Basically, we expect our members to act like mature adults ( that happen to enjoy playing computer games online ). We'll make mistakes. We'll have bad days. Perfection isn't expected, but consistently good natured, mature behavior is expected.

We take our conduct seriously, but we do not take our self's seriously, at the end of the day were all here for fun and friendship and having a guideline on conduct simply explains what we all think are common sense for mature gamers.

We treat people like we would like to be treated and try to foster an environment of respect without a lot of rules and regulations.
Salute Elmo :bow:

Voigtkampf
05-02-2005, 06:30
ElmarkOFear-sama, huh? High valor warrior and a person I value a lot. I haven't come around to play Rome recently, and I'll probably get bashed like a school boy ~D, but as soon as I get online, I'll keep an eye out for CoH markings. :bow:

Nigel
05-02-2005, 20:47
If I recall correctly, OMO was (and probably still is) a group of people calling themselves Old Men Online.

The group came to life when some people who enjoyed playing each other with various online games, suddenly discovered, that they all were 30+ of age. That was at a time when most people considered computer games to be something for children. So they formed the OMO society, making 30+ a criterion to enter.

Fortunately things are slowly (very slowly) changeing into the right directions and coputer gaming is beginning to be accepted as a viable past time activity for adults, too. Perhaps one day the question "what level are you on?" will be as acceptable at dinner parties as "what is your handicap?" is now.

:clown:

[seminoles]shadow
05-05-2005, 21:51
woops my bad kekvitirea

Wishazu
05-06-2005, 23:10
hey guys, im hoping to see more of you signees online as ive only come across 2 of em outside my clan in the last few weeks :) get online and show everyone else how this game is meant to be played :)

Tomisama
05-07-2005, 05:18
Yes please, consider adding a _CoH to the end of your player name. It’s great that you signed, an important step to take that stand. But if you really want to have an impact on the community, put The Code tag to work.

Last Sunday I actually got a chance to play a few games. Over about a four hour period, I only saw one player with a _CoH (besides my self). The really odd thing was the this person was “not” on our list. At first I thought that that wasn’t right, and that should say something to him. But after short reflection, was truly flattered that someone was claiming The Code, how ever they were doing it.

Now! Not this coming Sunday (Mother’s Day), but the next Sunday the 15th of May, let’s have an Honor Day! Kind of a mass demonstration of mutual support. At least for this occasion, put on you CoH tail, and as many as can, meet up on line and have some fun.

Of course we can have some regular games, and stuff. But I am also working on some ideas for some special (just for fun) competitions, like chariot races, and one unit each 4 man teams, an another one unit game, a “king of the hill” for 8 players. All just silly stuff to have a few laughs.

What do you say? What would be a good time for you? Which foyer should we meet in, and any other ideas?
:idea2:

P.S. Seventy One Code signers as of this evening…

AquaLurker
05-07-2005, 06:24
So far I had only meet Rabid and Wishazu. Had a few fun games with rabid and learned a couple of tactics from him too, but I didn't get a chance to play with Wishazu(only met him once). Maybe we should set a regular meeting time/day for COH players to gather and have fun, probably in the chat room or coms room.

Wishazu
05-07-2005, 11:54
well im on pretty much every evening between 8pm and 12am GMT :)

Jochi Khan
05-07-2005, 21:49
Hi Tomi and all others

An observation...........

The fact that you have seen a person playing with the _CoH tag after his/her name even if not a "registered" Code of Honour person and, playing in an honourable way, this must surely be good for the game.

I have seen three _CoH players in the lobby and some without the Tag.

Jochi

Tomisama
05-13-2005, 03:25
Ok then ~:)

8pm to 12am UTC/GMT

Minus an hour for all on daylight savings time?
That would be:

7pm to 11pm BST
2pm to 6pm EDT
1pm to 5pm CDT
12pm to 4pm MDT
11am to 3pm PDT

Or an hour later in each case?

This Sunday the 15th of May.

In the Rome Total War Competitive foyer.

If you can possibly make it, let’s get together for a few games.

Please wear your _CoH tag for this occasion.

Hopefully there will be enough of us to make a positive impression.

Just like the Code page it’s self.

The greater the number of people that folks see involved, the greater the attraction.

It’s pure physics ~;)

Hope to see you there!

:duel:

Rodion Romanovich
05-13-2005, 10:22
What is code of honor? The concept sounds good, but I would like to know the specific rules so I can decide whether or not I'll join.

Tomisama
05-13-2005, 11:40
Have you signed The Code?

http://www.clanwarscomp.org/cohbanner.gif

Come, stand with us!

http://www.clanwarscomp.org/codeofhonor

codemember@hotmail.com

"If there's any good in this world, it's worth fighting for!"
Samwise the Stouthearted

79 signers to date

P.S. Although wanting to keep the signing order intact, will have to be alphabetizing the list soon, to make lookup of individual names easier. Please be sure to keep us updated on corrections and changes, and check to make sure we have any Clan affiliations properly noted. Thanks!

Go With Honor – Keep The Code

Dutch_guy
05-13-2005, 16:02
Tomi , would I have to sign under my MP name ?
I would have no problem with this, other than that I usually chance my MP name often.
So if I sign , which I probably will , do I have to decide one name only, or can I switch and just add the code of honor tag to any name I choose ?

Thanks in Advance ~:)

:balloon2:

Craterus
05-13-2005, 16:09
Do I just have to email my signature to you? Not my real signature. How do I sign, I'm confused, :help:

Tomisama
05-14-2005, 00:35
Just mail in your player name. That's all that is needed ~:)

If you change your name sometimes, no problem. Just send in one to represent you on the list. If you would then like to use the _CoH with all of your player names, again no problem. It might be a little confusing for the rest of us, but that's ok, we will survive ~;)

Wishazu
05-14-2005, 01:00
Ok then ~:)

8pm to 12am UTC/GMT

Minus an hour for all on daylight savings time?
That would be:

7pm to 11pm BST
2pm to 6pm EDT
1pm to 5pm CDT
12pm to 4pm MDT
11am to 3pm PDT

Or an hour later in each case?

This Sunday the 15th of May.

In the Rome Total War Competitive foyer.

If you can possibly make it, let’s get together for a few games.

Please wear your _CoH tag for this occasion.

Hopefully there will be enough of us to make a positive impression.

Just like the Code page it’s self.

The greater the number of people that folks see involved, the greater the attraction.

It’s pure physics ~;)

Hope to see you there!

:duel:

will be there :)

tibilicus
05-14-2005, 10:09
My email is weird at the moment would it be posible for you to soghn me as LeoHonouris-Tibilicus
Thanks

Lord Preston
05-15-2005, 03:10
dont let tib in!!!!! he leaves before games are finished the sore loser!!!!

lol im kidding mate, connection problems can't be helped but i really think you need to whip your hamster into shape, he keeps giving out in the middle of games

look forward fighting (and beating) you again :charge:

tibilicus
05-15-2005, 13:36
Nigh Preston ! Its all your falt ! Lol dont know why just is somehow. And its not my falult my stupid Norton antivirus wont work. It wont dleat viruses and you cant activate it. ~:(
(p.s I will look foward to playing you again ! probably loosing but who cares ! im just there for the moment !) Sorry serfer dude moment only Wishazu can be the surfer dude ~;)

Tomisama
05-17-2005, 03:42
Have be plagued with St. Virus dance and the Popup polka over the weekend. Even while playing Sunday, was getting tossed to desktop two or three times in any given game. Just now getting everything under control, what a mess!

Still had fun though. Playing without fear-o-spam was a new experience. Thought Wish was going to fall off his chair when I agreed to a 5 cav cap (he he). It was a very nice time all in all.

It was quickly evident that the Comp foyer was not the best place to be, and we all drifted to the Chat lobby after a little while. I counted 12 CoHs before I stopped counting. Not too bad for a short notice first try.

One thing in particular that was painfully learned, was that you “must” password your CoH games. Something I had thought of, but forgot to include in the email notice. When I got there with all of my computer problems, I decided not to try and host, and didn’t think to say anything until two games got basically hijacked.

Still planning serious Contest for CoHs only. Will be posting ideas by the end of the week. If anyone wants to go ahead and start a topic with their thoughts on what an Code of Honor Contest should be, please go ahead.

The Code page should be up to date as of this evening with 86 signers. Please don’t hesitate to send corrections, am updating every other day now, and will make fixes with every update.

Go With Honor :bow:

[seminoles]shadow
05-21-2005, 16:26
well one reason you may have not seen me playing is because most of the time me and my fellow clan members play in the chat lobby (alot less problems than friendly) we almost all bear the _CoH sign and play very honorably. as for myself other than my fellow clan members i have seen around 5 other people bearing the _CoH signature and i am very pleased that we have been this succesful with the code of honour.

Rodion Romanovich
05-21-2005, 20:43
I want to sign up for Code of Honor. Online I play using the name brutus_cunctator, so my new name is supposed to be brutus_cunctator_CoH, right?

[seminoles]shadow
05-23-2005, 15:08
yes that is correct just send an email to codemember@hotmail.com