PDA

View Full Version : Etruscans & Samnites

SicilianVespers
05-04-2005, 15:05
Before I begin working on this (my 1st RTW mod), I want to make sure no one has done this already?

What I want to do is create a "Unified Rome" mod by removing the Brutii & Scipii, and recycle them into the Etruscans & Samnites? The mod would start around 500BC - 400BC.

I already have the Single Roman faction working. I added the leader pics and faction maps, so all factions are playable.

Is it possible to successfully convert the Brutii and Scipii into new non-Roman factions?

Monkwarrior
05-04-2005, 16:33
Is the senate present in the campaign?
If so, you will have always the missions, as they are hard-coded (afaik).

Thus, you will be able to reskin the factions, but for the game they will still be romans.
If I were you, I would start by trying to "separate" those roman factions from the senate. At first sight I only can think in a starting state of war between those factions and the senate (and consequently also the julii).

If you have eliminated the senate from the campaign, the task will be much easier.

Good luck!

SicilianVespers
05-04-2005, 19:35
The Senate is gone, so it should be fairly straight forward...

This is basically a learning exercise, and I have been dissecting other mods to sort all this out. So far RTW seems pretty easy to mod.

So as long as the Senate is gone, they should behave normally?

Kull
05-07-2005, 02:06
Before I begin working on this (my 1st RTW mod), I want to make sure no one has done this already?

I opened a thread to discuss how one might do this, assuming you wanted to retain the Senate. I never intended to turn it into a mod, so feel free to borrow any of the concepts we discussed:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=45612

Good luck with the mod!

SicilianVespers
05-10-2005, 12:58
Thanks, it seems we had the same idea.

Off the top of your head, do you know if the Senate will still give missions etc.., if they are renamed to a minor Italic faction like the Piceni?

Myrddraal
05-10-2005, 15:53
Yes they will