PDA

View Full Version : lord of the ring: Total war

darkrider
05-05-2005, 11:54
i have begun constructing a lotr mod for rome.
this will involve second and third aged armys
new campaign with new castles.
will post a couple of screen shots of some units soon but i am having trouble with the cas exporter i have downloaded for 3d max and i need to know whats wrong or where i can get a workin version of a cas exporter before i can continue.

dark_shadow89
05-05-2005, 12:44
ummm...you do realise that there are already 2 lotr mods, both looking brilliant, in the works? Fourth Age: Total War and Middle Earth: Total War...maybe u should join one of those?

Oromë
05-05-2005, 16:30
Hi darkrider. Im glad you recognize that the Rome: Total War engine is ideal for making a Lord of the Rings conversion but you may not realize the amount of work and dedication that is required for such a thing to ever come to fruition. As dark_shadow89 said, you may want to consider applying to one of the existing projects which are well on their way and could always use another hand.

I cannot speak for the Fourth Age project, but the Middle Earth project is always looking for skilled 3D artists. Right now we are specifically looking for someone who is willing to model buildings and locations from Middle Earth and work with the battlemap editor in preparation for the future inclusion of custom battlemaps and settlements.
If your interested please apply at our boards. Be warned though that we only accept people with skill and a good head on their shoulders, ie; someone that will help us more than hinder us. we dont have the time to teach or babysit.

http://www.metw.net/forum/index.php

Myrddraal
05-05-2005, 16:38
Welcome to the forums :smile: I'm sure one of the existing mods will take you on if you want. Mosts mods of this size are made by a team of people.

Reverend Joe
05-06-2005, 04:46
Personally, I would suggest you focus on the second age, or even the first. Also, don't just abandon your idea and go work on another mod; instead, put it on the back burner, and when one of the other Middle Earth mods is done, try to recruit some of the members from the mods. I believe they are both nearing completion, so you won't have to wait for long.

Best of luck to you, and I really hope to see your mod come to fruition.

darkrider
05-07-2005, 09:28
thanks for the advice but i still need to know where i can get a cas expoter for 3dmax or a Tutorial for exporting

Laridus Konivaich
05-07-2005, 14:23
Right here, (http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?mod=141) for the .cas importer/exporter.

knoddy
05-09-2005, 01:23
heya darkrider welcome to the forums. i thought i would let you know that the Fourth Age Total War team is always looking for modders so if u r interested you should check out our forum's over at SCC (check the Sig)

darkrider
05-17-2005, 14:16
thanks for all the advice but its not just me workin on this mod and by the way we are looking for a good moddler that knows how to use 3ds max or some similar program, this person should also be able to work good with guildlines

Scorpion
05-18-2005, 02:33
Best of luck in your efforts, Darkrider!
I am sure you can get a lot of experience tinkering around with your own mod, but don´t be surprised or feel bad if (=when) you realize that it´s not going to be finished. Carry on and join other projects if that should happen!

nic_vee
05-18-2005, 09:34
Hope it takes of. Im looking forward to it already ~:)

darkrider
05-18-2005, 10:30
Edit by Myrddraal
Read your PM's darkrider, please explain.

Lord of the Scotts
05-30-2005, 21:17
ummm...you do realise that there are already 2 lotr mods, both looking brilliant, in the works? Fourth Age: Total War and Middle Earth: Total War...maybe u should join one of those?
That is an understatement.Unless you mean times 5