PDA

View Full Version : Problems with LAN-game

Zyphelaxis
05-07-2005, 14:25
Good day!

Me and a friend wanted to play RTW over LAN. Everything works just fine, I host a game and he joins. Then, however, problems arise.

In the message box in the lower left field, I get a message saying "Possible Network Problems: [friends name]". What? He can join, choose his faction and his team, but it's impossible to move on to the "Army Setup" phase.

Any input welcome. And sorry if this already was posted, I searched but didn't find anything...

Cheers!

NihilisticCow
05-07-2005, 14:49
Either of you run firewalls? If you do, this is likely to be the cause of the problem. Configure your firewalls to allow all RTW traffic (there should be some kind of "allow this program to communicate" option). It sounds like some data is getting through but not others, so probably some ports are open and others not.

Zyphelaxis
05-07-2005, 17:39
Nope, neither of us is using a firewall...

Zyphelaxis
05-07-2005, 17:53
Like this:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9

Zyphelaxis
05-07-2005, 17:56
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/glarg1.JPG

NihilisticCow
05-07-2005, 18:01
As an aside, these days you really should be running a firewall, even the one with Windows XP SP2 is better than nothing.

If you're certain neither of you has a firewall up (XP SP2 does have one on by default), check you're both running with the v1.2 patch, but this does sound like a connectivity issue. I take it other games etc. work fine over your network?

Are you running any sort of crack (e.g. a no cd "patch") btw? If you are this probably is causing the problem.

Zyphelaxis
05-08-2005, 10:38
Well, we only disabled the firewalls when we're playing on LAN.

Thanks for your help. His computer frequently crashed after installing 1.2 for some reason. We'll try and get that together and hopefully it's game on once we do.

Cheers.

runes
05-11-2005, 19:07
strangely enough, whenever i play lan games (using battlelan) against a friend, i get a "no response from host" message..

any ideas?