PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I'm reaching...

khelvan
05-07-2005, 19:34
...but are there any EB fanatics out there who are very familiar with the RTW file structure, particularly the UI directory and its subdirectories when the .paks are unpacked, and has a LOT of time in the next few days to do some intensive, if tedious work for us? (i.e. join the team, but with a committment to work very hard for at least the next few days)

Bouchious
05-07-2005, 20:33
edited - withdraws help - realises he is busy for next week or more

Meneldil
05-07-2005, 21:22
Are you looking for someone who could make a pak patch for you, or something like that ?

khelvan
05-07-2005, 22:01
I am looking for someone who understands what links culture to factions, or is technically proficient enough to figure it out in a short amount of time, and then help us with a problem surrounding it.

Meneldil
05-07-2005, 22:17
I don't really understand what you need, because the way the UI folder and its links with cultures (and thus factions) work seems fairly 'easy'. Anyway, I don't have that much free times, but I hope you'll find someone able to help you.

The Stranger
05-08-2005, 01:42
were is the next preview, you said you would do one every week

Sheep
05-08-2005, 02:15
were is the next preview, you said you would do one every week

A) It's still the same week, and B) this is not the place to post this, not that there really is a good place to post this.

Simetrical
05-08-2005, 06:20
I am looking for someone who understands what links culture to factions . . .Hardcoding?

-Simetrical

eadingas
05-08-2005, 09:34
Hardcoding?

-Simetrical

Not really - what about total conversion mods? They can move names and features of factions around cultures as much as they like, as long as they keep with the number of factions per culture.

Simetrical
05-08-2005, 22:36
Yes, you can move around entire factions, so that the outward appearance of that faction known internally as "romans_julii" is that of the Seleucid Empire, and the outward appearance of that faction known internally as "egypt" is that of the Roman Republic, and the outward appearance of that faction known internally as "seleucid" is that of the Ptolemaic Empire, and so forth. That could effectively shift culture groups, yes, but the romans_julii faction would still be part of the roman culture. Perfectly doable all the same, although a major pain in the neck.

-Simetrical

khelvan
05-08-2005, 22:53
Yes, this is exactly why I am looking for someone fanatical enough about EB to spend hours and hours poring over the culture directories for us.

Big_John
05-08-2005, 23:20
i think his name is wonderland..

Dooz
05-09-2005, 03:22
:uhoh:

*runs away*

saulot333
05-09-2005, 16:06
Khelvan, I have a fairly good grasp on RTW text files and I'd love to help the team...Just send me a mail about the problem and I'll see if I can help...