PDA

View Full Version : Starvation

Cronos Impera
05-11-2005, 08:11
"An army maches on her stomach"Napoleon
Would it be possible to simulate starvation in RTW?After all an army cut off from its supply routes is doomed(see Cambyses's army in Egypt).I can't see such a thing in RTW except for sieges :bow: Napoleon's army was defeated by the long march into Russia and the scorched ground tactics.So why can RTW armies march unlimited feeling only fatigue, if RTW armies on the campaign map syncronize with the armies on the battle map.Shouldn't RTW units have a lower morale after a long eight year march?
Heavy armoured men and horses have a great disadvantage when moving in swamps or deserts as they tend to sink in the mud or sand.In RTW we find nothing like this.Romans can easily conquer Numidia and Egypt using heavy legions :help:
Could it be possible to set a handicap for armoured troops in deserts and swamps.Will it be possible to see starving legions, Napoleon in Russia style.
"An army maches on her stomach"

Dooz
05-11-2005, 08:53
There was a thread somewhere saying something about having a "supply" unit, whose only purpose is to... supply... things. If the unit gets damaged, a new one would have to be wheeled out to the army to keep things going smoothly... damn I wish I knew where that thread was. Really good idea. And explained a whole lot better of course ~;) .

-Abbey.keeper-
05-14-2005, 11:38
i've seen it on one of the discussion threads at the EB forum in TWC, but couldn't seem to be able to locate it now. ~:confused: