PDA

View Full Version : US Education System=Democrat Proganada Tool

Don Corleone
05-11-2005, 21:00
Okay, for all of you who've been claiming that the US public education system has no bias, I offer this:

Harry Reid recruiting Democrats instead of working (http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2005/May-11-Wed-2005/news/26491415.html)

Just to sum it up here for those of you who didn't catch this, Harry Reid decided to blow off work on Friday and go give a speech to a bunch of high school students in his state. Rather than offering civics, or even Democrat's ideas, he chose to spend the time bashing Bush. Bravo.

Although he originally apologized for his comments, the latest polling must have said it was playing well among known contributors, because today he backtracked and said he had nothing to apologize for.

So, the sum total of the Democrat's message is "Vote for us because Bush is a loser?" Great. If you're going to go that route, I suggest you start hanging out at those schools more often, and do some listening as well... you need better put-downs.

Kanamori
05-11-2005, 21:07
Hah, my last social studies teacher always just got on the edge of saying "liberals are a bunch of God damn idiots", rather than just bashing one guy. The education system has plenty of bias, it's just not limited to one area.

Don Corleone
05-11-2005, 22:33
Well, fair enough, but with all due respect, that's one teacher. Your school board doesn't arrange to have Rick Santorum come speak to you and proclaim that liberals are god damn idiots now do they?

Beirut
05-11-2005, 22:45
Hmm, I thought any sort of education anyone recieved was bound to lead them away from the Republuican party.

:laugh4:

Redleg
05-11-2005, 22:53
Hmm, I thought any sort of education anyone recieved was bound to lead them away from the Republuican party.

Yep - it does lead one away from the Republican Party and for that matter the Democratic Party also. ~D

JAG
05-11-2005, 22:58

~D Very good. lol

BDC
05-11-2005, 23:05
Well, fair enough, but with all due respect, that's one teacher. Your school board doesn't arrange to have Rick Santorum come speak to you and proclaim that liberals are god damn idiots now do they?
Well we had that just before the election. Only person who didn't say the opposition parties were idiots was the Lib Dem bloke. He came last.

Although the Tory woman who won lied about her family and children and is was an active member of Greenpeace, so the Parliamentary Tory Party may have bitten off more than they expected with her.

Don Corleone
05-11-2005, 23:19
Well, BDC, that would be the case if the school in Utah had invited Harry Reid AND their Republican senator. They didn't. Only Democrats are allowed to speak to students in American schools.

Republicans ooooh... scary. ~:)

Uesugi Kenshin
05-12-2005, 02:42
I think education generally leads you to see the futility of party loyalty.... But that may just be me.

Though the dems have plenty of problems they are IMHO much closer to what this country should be than the Republicans, especially the new ultra-conservative ultra-christian ones.

Byzantine Prince
05-12-2005, 02:44
Republicans ooooh... scary. ~:)
Yes, ignorance and incompetence at that level of government is pretty scary, you're so right. ~:cheers:

Gawain of Orkeny
05-12-2005, 02:46
Though the dems have plenty of problems they are IMHO much closer to what this country should be than the Republicans, especially the new ultra-conservative ultra-christian ones.

Luckily most americans dont agree with you.

Papewaio
05-12-2005, 02:54
US Education System=Democrat Proganada Tool

I kant spel aither.

I don't normally worry about spelling... but given the subject matter...

Gawain of Orkeny
05-12-2005, 02:56
Look if he is pro ganada its his right.

Don Corleone
05-12-2005, 02:58
Damn, you're right. Now how did that happen... guess it was all those years I was in public schools listening to Chris Dodd rant about how Reagen was a loser, instead of being in my spelling class.

Papewaio
05-12-2005, 03:02
Hmm Tori Spelling...

Alexander the Pretty Good
05-12-2005, 03:03
Come now Don, expecting to receive equal political representation - in a school for goodness sake - is absurd and very nearly intolerant of the Democrats' moral beliefs.

And as a matter of fact, I too am pro-ganada. ~:cheers:

bmolsson
05-12-2005, 05:20
Higher education always seems to move people towards the left. After receiving a few fat paychecks with the tax deducted, people moves very fast towards the right. I was very much left in my youth, but with the growth of my wallet, I got more and more blue. Today I hate taxes, believe blindly in privatization and think that everyone is it's own lucks smith..... ~;)

Gawain of Orkeny
05-12-2005, 05:26
I too am pro-ganada.

Im not sure if Ganada is located in Africa , S America or is it an island?

Efrem
05-12-2005, 05:53
Tis disgraceful how leftists control the education in Australia. Hell we had to watch bowling for colombine in class recently.

I would have complained, but I'd only turned up halfway through the period.

AntiochusIII
05-12-2005, 08:13
Im not sure if Ganada is located in Africa , S America or is it an island?You mean pro-granada of Spain!?

Nah, that's senseless.

Unfortunately, my school principal is an evil Republican autocrat who regularly set up "sweeps" where he could imprison more and more students over more and more so-called "issues" like blue jeans are evil and must be out of school (serious.) I won't mind complete uniform or complete freedom either way but establishing a vague and yet unreasonably strongly-enforced "dress code" is an autocratic ideas sometimes labeled today (quite wrongly) as "conservative."

He even fired the "coolest" teacher in the school! (the teacher was fired because he showed Scoopy-Doo in class...) Such example of far-right "state control" - ha!

You guys should be pleased to have liberals as principals...

Okay, I'm going badly now...chuold'a s-topp flaim'n pe'pol be'for i gotcha me kill'ed

Steppe Merc
05-12-2005, 12:48
So, the sum total of the Democrat's message is "Vote for us because Bush is a loser?" Great. If you're going to go that route, I suggest you start hanging out at those schools more often, and do some listening as well... you need better put-downs.
I agree. That's why Kerry lost: he had no message, other than I'm better than this other guy. And it's why next year when I can vote, I won't vote for Democrats...

Paul Peru
05-12-2005, 13:22
Hmm Tori Spelling...
I think that's one of the main reasons why Blair got a third term. That and he's pro-ganada. ('gonads' in Basque, I believe ~;) )

Beirut
05-12-2005, 13:46
Im not sure if Ganada is located in Africa , S America or is it an island?

Lern som georgaphy! Ganada is in Nurth Merica, rite below Mexicana and above Blue Jersy.

I'm Ganadian and poud of it!

Don Corleone
05-12-2005, 14:01
You mean pro-granada of Spain!?

Nah, that's senseless.

Unfortunately, my school principal is an evil Republican autocrat who regularly set up "sweeps" where he could imprison more and more students over more and more so-called "issues" like blue jeans are evil and must be out of school (serious.) I won't mind complete uniform or complete freedom either way but establishing a vague and yet unreasonably strongly-enforced "dress code" is an autocratic ideas sometimes labeled today (quite wrongly) as "conservative."

He even fired the "coolest" teacher in the school! (the teacher was fired because he showed Scoopy-Doo in class...) Such example of far-right "state control" - ha!

You guys should be pleased to have liberals as principals...

Okay, I'm going badly now...chuold'a s-topp flaim'n pe'pol be'for i gotcha me kill'ed

Are you sure that your principal is a Republican? I know plenty of Republicans that are socially very liberal and I know even more Democrats that are socially very conservative. Unless I'm mistaken, Billy Graham and Bob Jones were Democrats until the early 90s. (Two televangelists).

ICantSpellDawg
05-12-2005, 14:13
i didnt write this

Devastatin Dave
04-04-2007, 04:00
Close to 6000, decided to do some thread diving. Here's a blast from the past with some of our greats replying...:2thumbsup:

ICantSpellDawg
04-04-2007, 04:41
i didnt write that. please delete

John86
04-04-2007, 04:47
Hah, my last social studies teacher always just got on the edge of saying "liberals are a bunch of God damn idiots", rather than just bashing one guy. The education system has plenty of bias, it's just not limited to one area.

Perhaps individual teachers have different opinions, but the system in general is left-leaning.

Kanamori
04-04-2007, 05:16
There's no point trying to generalize from one example. It could have easily been for some stupid high school class, where people were happy to get some idiot in the news to talk to them and write about propoganda. It's asinine to play this game. There are people being politically suckered everywhere with all sorts of stupid arguments, it doesn't really matter that it's in school too, where it clearly isn't bad enough to turn us into the USSR -- or the UK, can't forget about them too. Did I mention stupid idiots already?

Nevermind, this is the step to the next step, my bad.

KafirChobee
04-04-2007, 05:36
Er, is the arguement that Bush isn't a loser? Or, that politicians - especially Democrats - must not be allowed to talk to students in school? I mean, the Bushys are always going to schools - of course they are grade schools (or a conservative-religious colleges) where the kids are either to young or to dumb to disagree with what ever words of wisdom are being bestowed upon them.

J/K But, wasn't Bush reading to children when planes hit a building? He was so absorbed in fact that he could barely pull himself away to find out who was attacking America.

Would be hard to believe that the incompetence, arrogance, cover-up mentality, and out right paranoi of the GOP could possibly have anything to do with people deserting the party. Or atleast, being willing to listen to more sain voices.

discovery1
04-04-2007, 05:40
Kanamori, KafirChobee, congradulations. You have replied seriously to a thread that is over two years old and was only brought up because it happened to have lots of backroom all stars in it. How do you feel about that?

Why were you looking here anyway Dave?

Kanamori
04-04-2007, 05:42
He responded to me, :daisy:.

John86
04-04-2007, 06:15
Disco,
JUST becasue your beardless doesnt give you the right to point out such obvious acts.
(Ill stop with the beard thing eventually, I promise... Or probably not)
+1...
No,
+2 Posts.

Devastatin Dave
04-04-2007, 06:22
He responded to me, :daisy:.
Now that wasn't very nice...
Disc, I just thought it was a good topic considering the Teachers Union in the United States is a huge contributer to the Democratic party, and more importantly, it brings me closer to 6000 and it peepees off the folks I want to peepee off!!!:beam:

John86
04-04-2007, 06:25
4 more dave! Lets milk this thread for all its worth!
Wooooooo!

Lemur
04-04-2007, 06:26
I don't know that this is such a great thread. The pro-ganda position has been articulated, but not a single anti-ganda Backroomer bothered to reply. This is yet another example of the Orgs' blatant pro-ganda bias.

Devastatin Dave
04-04-2007, 06:29
4 more dave! Lets milk this thread for all its worth!
Wooooooo!
Lemur's a milk hater!!! 2 more to go!!!:laugh4:

John86
04-04-2007, 06:31
Hmm, Well we have to make the 6,000 post special, ideas? suggestions?

Devastatin Dave
04-04-2007, 06:32
I don't know that this is such a great thread. The pro-ganda position has been articulated, but not a single anti-ganda Backroomer bothered to reply. This is yet another example of the Orgs' blatant pro-ganda bias.
I want a ganda, can i raise them like those alpaca farm comercials and make my riches!!! New thread time for 6000!!!:idea2:

Banquo's Ghost
04-04-2007, 06:52
Thread necromancy is usually a bad idea, but to spark a spam fest? :beadyeyes2:

I just love the early morning beat.

Congratulations, this might just have been the thread that generated the most warnings, like evar. :beam:

:closed: