PDA

View Full Version : The world has officially lost all taste!

Byzantine Prince
05-12-2005, 12:08
Look at this: (http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/05/11/chimp.modernart.ap/index.html)

LONDON, England (AP) -- Brightly colored paintings by Congo the chimpanzee are going on sale at a prestigious London auction house alongside works by Andy Warhol and Renoir.

The collection of three tempera on paper paintings -- described as resembling abstract artworks -- are expected to fetch between $1,130 and $1,500 next month at Bonhams Modern and Contemporary sale.

Chinpanzees are better artists then humans now? Is this suposed to be some kind of joke that went to far?!?

Templar Knight
05-12-2005, 12:17
Congo is not a very good painter :no:

Paul Peru
05-12-2005, 12:23
Are you expecting heated debate over this, BP?

Anyway, I can't say if it's art or not. Looks a bit like some art I've seen...
~:cheers:

English assassin
05-12-2005, 12:58
Oh man, I am going to have to kill myself. I read the story and I swear my first reaction was "That's interesting, I wonder who owns the intellectual property rights in a painting done by a chimpanzee."

I need a new career.

Al Khalifah
05-12-2005, 13:08
"That's interesting, I wonder who owns the intellectual property rights in a painting done by a chimpanzee."
Probably the chimpanzee's manager.

I personally think it's wrong to thrust young chimpanzees like Congo into the limelight too early. Sure they initially enjoy the success and thrive on the public acclaim, but soon the money and fame start to go to their heads, they are too rich too soon and they fall in with the wrong crowd. Once they fall in love with gambling, women and cocaine.
It's only a matter of time before Congo becomes another washed up, mentally dead, willing to appear on any reality TV show just to keep themselves in the media and fund their habbit, chimpanzee failure like Snuggles, Mr Ook and Ozzy Osbourne.

English assassin
05-12-2005, 13:58
Nah, I hear that Congo did Prince Harry's A level art for him, so the Windsors will have to keep him in coke and bimbos or he'll tell all to News of the Chimps.

(Link for non-uk partrons who have no idea what I am talking about http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4529489.stm I'm still trying to get my head round exactly how piggin stupid Prince Harry must be)

JAG
05-12-2005, 16:02
Nah, I hear that Congo did Prince Harry's A level art for him, so the Windsors will have to keep him in coke and bimbos or he'll tell all to News of the Chimps.

ROFL! Very good EA, lol.

As for the art, if people buy it, doesn't really matter to me.

Adrian II
05-12-2005, 17:23
Hats off, gentlemen, this thread is hilarious.
~:cheers:

The Wizard
05-12-2005, 17:45
I can't wait for those crazy-ass art critics to start and look for the 'higher intelligence of Congo' in those paintings... ~D

~Wiz

English assassin
05-12-2005, 17:52
It's only a matter of time before Congo becomes another washed up, mentally dead, willing to appear on any reality TV show just to keep themselves in the media and fund their habbit, chimpanzee failure like Snuggles, Mr Ook and Ozzy Osbourne.

Do you think they'd let him on "I'm a celebrity get me out of here"?

'Cos lets face it he's going to breeze the jungle tucker trials for a start.

The Wizard
05-12-2005, 17:55
Yup, and next you know he'll be hosting Pimp My Ride's 5th season. And in The Real World at the same time.

~Wiz

bmolsson
05-13-2005, 02:23
Maybe they are just misunderstood humans trapped in a body yet to be evolved..... ~;)

Paul Peru
05-13-2005, 07:47
Maybe they are just misunderstood humans trapped in a body yet to be evolved..... ~;)
Being trapped in the wrong body can be a horrible thing. I read something in NY Times a couple of weeks ago about amputees who were trapped in healthy/non-amputated bodies, and were desperate to have their conditions surgically corrected.

Not to mention being trapped in the wrong body when one's significant other unexpectedly shows up. (I would imagine)

Trying to get back on topic... If this was in the "speak your own language" thread, I could have made a lame joke about cats that paint. :help: