PDA

View Full Version : Completed Skins

kreig
05-12-2005, 16:14
Skinners post completed work here, in game screenshots

No offtopic chat please just the pic and commnets

ShadesWolf
05-15-2005, 08:42
My first attempt at a skin - This is a WIP of an English Royal Horse with its jacket

http://www.100yearswar.co.uk/lanceandlongbow/englishhorse.jpg

kreig
05-15-2005, 08:46
Nice work, even moer so if thats your first

Sauron the Great
05-15-2005, 09:17
Nice one, looking good.

GodsPetMonkey
05-15-2005, 10:05
My first attempt at a skin - This is a WIP of an English Royal Horse with its jacket

IMHO the cataphact poncho model that CA made doesn't cut the mustard ~;)

If you would rather reuse this - your welcome too...

http://users.on.net/~roehr/RTW/models/GothicPlate/Action8.jpg

However, plated barding for horses didn't come about untill the mid 1400s, which, combined with longbows, was a major factor to the abondonment of mounted knights during the 100 years war period.

They will be useful for the last (and possibly most powerful) units in the timeline for your mod however.

Lord Adherbal
05-20-2005, 18:14
uh don't wanna sound like an ass, but you aren't gonna use those models are you ?
they are all from ChivalryTW and we have no intension of sharing them with other mods - especially not one that directly competes with our (same timeframe) - sorry

ShadesWolf
05-20-2005, 18:32
No im not going to use those models, it was just a test to see how a coated horse would look,and your models were a better sample than using a Roman era unit.

As I said it was my first attempt at doing some skinning

ShadesWolf
05-20-2005, 18:37
especially not one that directly competes with our (same timeframe) - sorry

and I find it hard to understand what 'directly competes with our (same timeframe) - sorry' So are you claiming that 'THE MIDDLE ages' belongs to your mod and your mod only.

Our covers a specific time period and specific map location, ie England v France not all of Europe. We have no interest in competing with you or using your models/ skins.

Templar Knight
05-20-2005, 19:19
We are hardly in competition, why wont you share them anyway?

Lord Adherbal
05-20-2005, 22:36
and I find it hard to understand what 'directly competes with our (same timeframe) - sorry'

We are hardly in competition, why wont you share them anyway?

How is that hard to see ? If your mod does succeed it will take away a part of our potential fanbase. And considering that we want ChivTW to become a popular MP mod that is no good for us. It's not like I want to undermine your mod or your enthousiasm but you can't expect us to share anything with this mod, for that will only harm our own.
Besides, healthy competition is a good thing IMO.

So are you claiming that 'THE MIDDLE ages' belongs to your mod and your mod only.

Please point me to the post were I stated that? You are in every right starting a mod about a timeframe that is already being covered by another. Not need to go aggresive just cos I asked you not to use our models. I just believe the tons of RTW mods that are being announced aren't really doing the individual mods any good.

ShadesWolf
05-21-2005, 09:10
(same timeframe)

And by the way we are not in the same time frame as you. If I am not mistaken your mod currently only covers the early middle ages, whereas ours cover the end of the middel ages.

So I dont see our mods being anywhere near the same time frame, and by no mean are we in competition, you can muster far more resources than we could.

I wish you look it is an extremely wide historic period and landscape you have choosen. You have so many differnent factions to look at and introduce if you are to do your mods name justice.

Good Luck. BTW who are you going to use as the ROME faction ?

kreig
05-21-2005, 09:49
Keep This Thread Clean, No Off Topic Chat!!!!!

Lord Adherbal
05-21-2005, 10:15
Keep This Thread Clean, No Off Topic Chat!!!!!

I'm gonna reply here one more time. Shadeswolf is moderator so he should be able to split up the off topic part.

And by the way we are not in the same time frame as you. If I am not mistaken your mod currently only covers the early middle ages, whereas ours cover the end of the middel ages.

So I dont see our mods being anywhere near the same time frame, and by no mean are we in competition, you can muster far more resources than we could.

I wish you look it is an extremely wide historic period and landscape you have choosen. You have so many differnent factions to look at and introduce if you are to do your mods name justice.

we're covering almost exactly the same time period as MTW did - including the 100 years war. We're just concentrating on the early because it's a much more organised way of progressing then randomly working on units etc from all 3 eras.

Good Luck. BTW who are you going to use as the ROME faction ?

the Papal States. The Teutonic Order, Crusader States and Kingdom of Castille will be our "roman" factions. We'll be trying to use scripts to simulate crusades etc.

and Good luck to you too

al'Callaendor
11-24-2005, 00:14
nice~:)