PDA

View Full Version : Slavery in the UK.. scary story

Devastatin Dave
05-13-2005, 23:55
http://www.thisislondon.com/news/articles/18601085?source=Evening%20Standard#

I hope they find these poor kids. So sad...

JAG
05-14-2005, 02:04
Agreed, it is very disturbing and I hope they find the children.

Devastatin Dave
05-14-2005, 02:23
JAG is this a big story over there because it is just a blurb over here?

Beirut
05-14-2005, 02:46
They've probably been sent to Canada and sold into sexual slavery here. I don't know who's getting kickbacks and blood money from who, but our government simply refuses to stop the sexual slavery rings imprisoning women and children in this country. It's despicable beyond words.

The government should declare war on these people. I mean war! But they won't, they just sit and talk and waste time.

Devastatin Dave
05-14-2005, 03:02
Thankfully my country is starting to prosecute perverts that go to places like Thailand where you can buy sex from children. I cannot imagine the horror these kids go through... :furious3:

JAG
05-14-2005, 03:30
JAG is this a big story over there because it is just a blurb over here?

It isn't a big story here at all actually, I do wonder why though. Maybe it will break onto the news bulletins tomorrow, I dunno.

Crazed Rabbit
05-14-2005, 07:06
They've probably been sent to Canada and sold into sexual slavery here. I don't know who's getting kickbacks and blood money from who, but our government simply refuses to stop the sexual slavery rings imprisoning women and children in this country. It's despicable beyond words.

The government should declare war on these people. I mean war! But they won't, they just sit and talk and waste time.

That is disgusting. Almost as if one couldn't trust the government.

But to get something done, I suppose that would require bureacrats to have spines, a department in which many public officials lack.

But the question for me is: how? Especially with all the polic Britain has, how can this go on? It's like some third world nation (though probably not near the numbers in many third world nations) - but in Britain!

Perhaps Britain needs a new prison island. Except this time, not sunny ole Australia.

Crazed Rabbit

Duke of Gloucester
05-14-2005, 08:31
JAG

We obviously access different parts of the UK media. This was the main story on the Radio 4 Today programme yesterday, so my perception is that it is a huge story here, but then again I don't read newspapers or watch TV news.

Mikeus Caesar
05-14-2005, 16:24
That is horrific. To think that 300 kids can just dissapear without a trace in a three month period.

BDC
05-14-2005, 17:33
That is horrific. To think that 300 kids can just dissapear without a trace in a three month period.
Yeah it is.

One big issue is that its a cultural norm for these people to send their kids to live with relatives. Just it's not so great when they vanish and no one knows where they are. Not helped by social services and immigration not being able to do their jobs properly.

There is another case here about an African girl who was almost killed by members of her family because some girl said she was a witch. Really weird people.

KukriKhan
05-14-2005, 18:19
We are not immune:
http://www.libertadlatina.org/US_Latina_Sex_Slavery.htm

bmolsson
05-15-2005, 05:14
Really sad....