PDA

View Full Version : German politician quits over wine stunt

The_Doctor
05-14-2005, 23:45
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4547227.stm

A German politician has been forced to resign after pouring wine over the head of a homeless man.
Peter Gloystein, Economy Minister in the state of Bremen, doused a stunned Udo Oelschlaeger during the launch of German wine week last Wednesday.

"Here's something for you to drink," he said as he poured the wine. "Who are you? Why are you doing this?," a tearful Mr Oelschlaeger retorted.

Mr Gloystein said he had met Mr Oelschlaeger later and apologised.

Not funny

Mr Oelschlaeger was standing next to the podium at the public, open-air event from where the centre-right Christian Democrat poured the wine.

Mr Gloystein said he had not intended to insult the homeless man, who did not find it "funny", police said.

"I had a long and intensive talk with Mr Oelschlaeger the same evening. He explained his difficult life. We departed on friendly terms," the politician said.

"If possible, I would like to help out Mr Oelschlaeger," Mr Gloystein said in a statement.

Why did he it in the first place?

Templar Knight
05-14-2005, 23:49
tit

GoreBag
05-14-2005, 23:52
That's hilarious. I hate how the politicians with the stones to do something funny or audacious are forced to resign.

Byzantine Prince
05-15-2005, 01:32
tit
Hillariooous.

Husar
05-15-2005, 02:31
Saw it in the news, they mentioned that the homeless guy might have said something before.
I don´t really care about that, it´s strange, just like most politicians ~;) ~D

Spetulhu
05-15-2005, 04:37
What's funny is that politicians resign for something like this, but not for messing up the budget or causing an international incident. No, wait, it's not funny at all. :dizzy2:

Uesugi Kenshin
05-15-2005, 06:18
Wow, why would you pour wine on a homeless person? WHY?

Byzantine Prince
05-15-2005, 06:58
Wow, why would you pour wine on a homeless person? WHY?
I would do it. I f'n hate homeless people. They suck away every inch of civilization whenever I look out my window. (feel free to sig that~;))

Ser Clegane
05-15-2005, 08:00
I would do it. I f'n hate homeless people. They suck away every inch of civilization whenever I look out my window. (feel free to sig that~;))

I guess they should be glad that you would not kill them together with the HIV-infected people in your own happy little utopia.

I'm kind of getting tired of your hateful comments on this board ... don't you have some people at home who you might annoy with your statements instead of speading your joy here?

Papewaio
05-15-2005, 08:09

You pay taxes right?

Byzantine Prince
05-15-2005, 08:09
Anyways I don't see why I have to stop making my hateful statements when they ARE my opinion. I mean that's the point, right?

You pay taxes right?
Yes although I haven't had much to pay as of now. I'm still pretty young but I always do my tax report. ~:)
Guess what though, I would hope those homeless bastards would start doing some work for themselves. You have no idea how easy it is to get a great job where I live. With 3 courses at the college you can get a career that has a salary of 18 and up dollars an hour. Pretty funken easy ain't it? But no these people like smoking dope, drinking heavily, and picking garbage. I say f'em.

Zalmoxis
05-15-2005, 09:14
BP, I believe it's irrelevant to you whether homeles people can afford three college courses, or is it a world where every bum has a master's degree?

Ser Clegane
05-15-2005, 10:00
Anyways I don't see why I have to stop making my hateful statements when they ARE my opinion. I mean that's the point, right?

FYI - some excerpts from the forium rules:

Examples of objectionable messages include (but are not limited to):
[...]
Posts containing any generally objectionable material: knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. Posting of copyrighted material, unless the copyright is owned by you or by The Guild, is discouraged. The Guild expects its patrons to remain civil even in the face of disagreements. Any kind of "flaming", slurs, or insults -- addressed to either an individual or a group -- is extremely inappropriate. Please respect etiquette at all times.

Forum rules (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=45416)

If you have the feeling that you cannot play by these rules, you might consider playing somewhere else...

Paul Peru
05-15-2005, 13:42
tit
quite.

He may have been inspired by this (http://www.geocities.com/mmemym/bits1/fal0021.htm)

Idomeneas
05-15-2005, 14:41

I would expect more sensitivity from an immigrant. Talk to us about you BP, what kind of baground equipped you with such beliefs?

Byzantine Prince
05-15-2005, 17:14
Idomenea no immigrant I have ever known has ever tolerated homelessness, and I know a lot of immigrants. Immigrants come here with nothing and make something for themselves in a manner of months. Why? Because they choose to work hard. Where they come from is poor by nature and they still made a living and now they come here(the most prosperous place in Canada and indeed N.America) and they see people that are worse(unnecessarily IMO) then the ones back home wherever that is. I can tell you most are pretty disenchanted.

Steppe Merc
05-15-2005, 17:49
So first HIV positives, and now poor people. Anyone else that you'd like to purge? Mentally disadvanteged people? The old? Minorities? Ugly people?

Byzantine Prince
05-15-2005, 17:59
Homeless people are not poor, they choose to spend every cent they have on booze. Every time you see them they are either drunk or high. If it wasn't for you liberals cutting them so much slack they would actually become constructive members of society.

Idomeneas
05-15-2005, 18:46
Homeless people are not poor, they choose to spend every cent they have on booze. Every time you see them they are either drunk or high. If it wasn't for you liberals cutting them so much slack they would actually become constructive members of society.

So i guess its rainning money in Canada?

Uesugi Kenshin
05-16-2005, 03:30
Or maybe the homeless would just die? I am sure that would be fine by you.

Some homeless people are as you described them, lazy alcoholics. But many fo them are productive members of society who by chance were dealt a rough hand. After becoming homeless it becomes extremely hard to get a job, who wants to hire and unwashed person in rumpled slept-in clothing? I suggest you wear one pair of clothes, and not nice clothes, for a week and try to apply for a job.

InsaneApache
05-16-2005, 10:21
I was homeless for a while in the 1980's ( the X-wife and I split the house 50-50 ....she got the inside and I got the outside ~D )....so by your reckoning it would be ok to assault me. Is that right BP?......

Sometimes things can happen in your life that you have little or no control over. Homelessness is one of them. If some of them do have problems with alcohol and/or drugs then they need medical treatment. I will take your young age into account here....you sad child :no:

Fragony
05-16-2005, 14:14
What a bastard.

Don Corleone
05-16-2005, 14:23
Why do you guys even give him the time of day? Everything that comes out of his twisted little mouth is a troll. Of course he doesn't believe in exterminating homeless people, but he's desparate for attention and you've now given it to him.

I think this politician should have been shown the door, if for nothing else he's clearly stupid and incompetent or unable to resist the urges coming from a dangerous temper. When you make your money by begging & stealing from the population at large (the politicians, not the homeless) arrogance and pride are not your friends.

BDC
05-16-2005, 15:31
All my best memories involve getting covered in alcohol.

*sigh*

Ja'chyra
05-16-2005, 15:34
All my best memories involve getting covered in alcohol.

*sigh*

Another Org classic, mind if I put that in my sig?

Demon of Light
05-16-2005, 22:08

Somehow, I don't think it is particularly wise to run around the board claiming that you have the right to be hateful. Not only are you wrong, you look like a(n) _______________ (Fill in the blank) for doing it.

You aren't seriously asserting that you have a right to be hateful, are you?

GoreBag
05-17-2005, 04:54
Somehow, I don't think it is particularly wise to run around the board claiming that you have the right to be hateful. Not only are you wrong, you look like a(n) _______________ (Fill in the blank) for doing it.

You aren't seriously asserting that you have a right to be hateful, are you?

Sure, he can be hateful; he just can't do it on the forum. Neither is he forced to cease his ignorance. Without it, he couldn't be vehement or shocking anymore.

In any case, I see nothing wrong with being homeless. If they really are choosing to be homeless (which is the most insane thing I've ever heard), they're living a much more stoic life than anyone, including BP, is. Think about it. With no shelter, no money, no food, no respect and no way out, being homeless is worse than North America's prisons.

Devastatin Dave
05-17-2005, 04:59

Did mommy not hug you as a child? Shame on you, even i have compassion for the homeless, you would be suprised how one can become homeless. Even you young man...

Byzantine Prince
05-17-2005, 06:10
Hold on! Hold on!
If I'm not mistaken you are all pricks.
This is what Don Corleone wrote:

Of course he doesn't believe in exterminating homeless people,
When did I ever post that? Where? Find is, please! Well I looked and I didn't find it.
Insane apache:

I was homeless for a while in the 1980's ( the X-wife and I split the house 50-50 ....she got the inside and I got the outside )....so by your reckoning it would be ok to assault me. Is that right BP?......
Assault you?!?! When did I say I assault anyone? Where?
Anyways I wasn't talking about homeless like you(who are very very rare where I live)

Uesagi Kenshin:

Some homeless people are as you described them, lazy alcoholics. But many fo them are productive members of society who by chance were dealt a rough hand.
None here I'm afraid. Did you not read my post? People from poor countries come here with nothing and in a couple of months they live in apartment buildings, working somewhere and taking classes to go to school. It's not that freaken hard! This place is overflowing with work and money.
Let's continue. What other briliant statement was made here?

Sometimes things can happen in your life that you have little or no control over. Homelessness is one of them. If some of them do have problems with alcohol and/or drugs then they need medical treatment. I will take your young age into account here....you sad child
I'm not talking about people who might be living outside a couple of months here anyways. I'm talking about chronic alcoholics who are the vast, VAST majority of people who are homeless. That's what i don't feraken like to see! We have plenty of really good looking homeless shelters in my city, and guess what? Hobos actually PREFER it outside! They hate those places, and only go there to eat. ~:eek:

NeonGod:

Sure, he can be hateful;
I always make rational remarks. Other people choose to take them in offence and in hate. I am not responsible for people's own twisted personal beliefs about these issues.

If they really are choosing to be homeless (which is the most insane thing I've ever heard), they're living a much more stoic life than anyone,
Which is precisely why I don't wanna look at them. It's not that insane, although the majority of homeless people here are constantly drunk and sometimes even have schizophrenia and talk to themselves.

DevastatinDave:

Shame on you, even i have compassion for the homeless,
Even you?!? ~:eek: What do you mean even you? :laugh:

Well I hope this was enlightening post for most of you, and for the rest, good luck being liberal to these people that basically use you to finance the alcohol and illigal drug business.

Idomeneas
05-18-2005, 00:23
Hold on! Hold on!
If I'm not mistaken you are all pricks.
This is what Don Corleone wrote:

When did I ever post that? Where? Find is, please! Well I looked and I didn't find it.
Insane apache:

Assault you?!?! When did I say I assault anyone? Where?
Anyways I wasn't talking about homeless like you(who are very very rare where I live)

Uesagi Kenshin:

None here I'm afraid. Did you not read my post? People from poor countries come here with nothing and in a couple of months they live in apartment buildings, working somewhere and taking classes to go to school. It's not that freaken hard! This place is overflowing with work and money.
Let's continue. What other briliant statement was made here?

I'm not talking about people who might be living outside a couple of months here anyways. I'm talking about chronic alcoholics who are the vast, VAST majority of people who are homeless. That's what i don't feraken like to see! We have plenty of really good looking homeless shelters in my city, and guess what? Hobos actually PREFER it outside! They hate those places, and only go there to eat. ~:eek:

NeonGod:

I always make rational remarks. Other people choose to take them in offence and in hate. I am not responsible for people's own twisted personal beliefs about these issues.

Which is precisely why I don't wanna look at them. It's not that insane, although the majority of homeless people here are constantly drunk and sometimes even have schizophrenia and talk to themselves.

DevastatinDave:

Even you?!? ~:eek: What do you mean even you? :laugh:

Well I hope this was enlightening post for most of you, and for the rest, good luck being liberal to these people that basically use you to finance the alcohol and illigal drug business.

man you really need a hug ~:) desperately....

Byzantine Prince
05-18-2005, 00:29
~:grouphug: :bigcry: ~:grouphug:

Idomeneas
05-18-2005, 00:35
~:grouphug: :bigcry: ~:grouphug:

:tomato:

Byzantine Prince
05-18-2005, 00:44
:iloveyou: guys.

Uesugi Kenshin
05-18-2005, 03:01
BP I bet the people from poor countries do come here with something. It may not be much, but they definately have some money, this would allow them to wash and prepare for an interview, where as it could be difficult for a recently homeless person to find someone who was hiring and later impossible due to their lack of funds.

Some homeless people think that the shelters are going to, or are places where people will steal their possessions or do somthing else like that. This may seem ridiculous, but a lot of the people that end up living on the street have mental disbilities or disorders that inhibit their ability to function in society or to use reason.

BP BTW please, however much you disagree with me please keep this civil. There is no reason to be sarcastic or offensive while attempting to refute my arguments or statements. I am attempting/being polite and would like you to show the same common courtesy. As well if you have trouble spelling my name feel free to copy and paste it, I find that to be a quick and easy solution to writing possibly difficult to spell or unfamiliar words.

EDIT: Misspelled spelling due to a typo brought upon by my typing style.