PDA

View Full Version : Roman Triumphs? and questions on the sexy new VnV

-Abbey.keeper-
05-15-2005, 12:04
first i'd like thank the EB team for their monumentus effort to bring justice to the TW series. great job so far, can't wait for the finished product (",)

just a few questions on your sexy VnV though..
is it possible to include Triumphs events as an SPQR reward instead of them throwing games? this could increase the victorious imperator's influence or maybe raise the profile of the family in the eyes of the plebs...

will the new system incorporate genetics and aging like Malbarius genetic mod?

could EB finally solve the problem of unmarried necrophilliac eldest girl in the family holding the queue and thus turning the whole bunch of them into spinsters? or maybe *gasp* finally solve the problem by allowing multiple marriages or adoptions?

in my view, CA code of setting a ratio of family members to the number of controlled cities to be total BS. IMO it makes for lesser chance that an AI army being led by generals instead of blustering morons and struttling fools (not that there's a difference on the battle field, other than the morale bonus). it makes for more drama too, as since there is now a surplus of characters, players would be more willing to allow them to die by mischance or AI brilliance instead of reloading. of course if MTW system of generalship is used instead, this might not have been a problem...

all in all, great effort and i join the rest of your fans in eager anticipation of the next friday treat! =)

khelvan
05-15-2005, 18:44
will the new system incorporate genetics and aging like Malbarius genetic mod? We had planned on using a genetic system, yes. I am happy to say that Malrubius accepted our offer to be part of our team now, so you can be sure this area is in good hands - we have many excellent ideas in this area.

could EB finally solve the problem of unmarried necrophilliac eldest girl in the family holding the queue and thus turning the whole bunch of them into spinsters? or maybe *gasp* finally solve the problem by allowing multiple marriages or adoptions? Hard-coded, no chance.

caesar44
05-15-2005, 18:48
first i'd like thank the EB team for their monumentus effort to bring justice to the TW series. great job so far, can't wait for the finished product (",)

just a few questions on your sexy VnV though..
is it possible to include Triumphs events as an SPQR reward instead of them throwing games? this could increase the victorious imperator's influence or maybe raise the profile of the family in the eyes of the plebs...

will the new system incorporate genetics and aging like Malbarius genetic mod?

could EB finally solve the problem of unmarried necrophilliac eldest girl in the family holding the queue and thus turning the whole bunch of them into spinsters? or maybe *gasp* finally solve the problem by allowing multiple marriages or adoptions?

in my view, CA code of setting a ratio of family members to the number of controlled cities to be total BS. IMO it makes for lesser chance that an AI army being led by generals instead of blustering morons and struttling fools (not that there's a difference on the battle field, other than the morale bonus). it makes for more drama too, as since there is now a surplus of characters, players would be more willing to allow them to die by mischance or AI brilliance instead of reloading. of course if MTW system of generalship is used instead, this might not have been a problem...

all in all, great effort and i join the rest of your fans in eager anticipation of the next friday treat! =)

did you said that there is a mod that include triumphs ?
where ? when ? how ? please tell ~:cheers:

-Abbey.keeper-
05-17-2005, 12:49
We had planned on using a genetic system, yes. I am happy to say that Malrubius accepted our offer to be part of our team now, so you can be sure this area is in good hands - we have many excellent ideas in this area.

YEAH~! you guys will be UNSTOPPABLE!
btw send my regards to Malrubius, i love his work.

cheers

-Abbey.keeper-
05-17-2005, 12:53
did you said that there is a mod that include triumphs ?
where ? when ? how ? please tell ~:cheers:

yeah i'm hoping that this major event could somehow be included in EB, but Khelvan didn't promise or reveal anything on it, so i'd be keeping my fingers crossed... ~D

cheers

ENSAIS
06-15-2005, 17:47
Everytime I see a response like this from the EB team, it makes me all the more look foward to playing EB!!

Shrapnel
06-15-2005, 18:01
i thought Eb wouldn't be including a senate! :furious3:

happyzappydude
06-15-2005, 18:05
i thought Eb wouldn't be including a senate! :furious3:

As I understand it. The senate is hard coded. Unavoidable that it would be a faction. I may be wrong though. Someone set the record straight for us on this.

bodidley
06-15-2005, 18:20
A re-done version of RTR available for download on TW Center claims that it has removed the Senate.

Shrapnel
06-15-2005, 18:29
6.o will remove the senate, i think.

khelvan
06-15-2005, 20:01
Err, why, if we COULD include Triumphs, would you like that? What would you want to see? What sort of events trigger it, and what sort of rewards do you get from it?

anonymous_joe
06-15-2005, 21:40
I'm not really an advocate of 'Triumphs' as I tend not to play as Romans, though if it was an event, it could give enhanced influence to a character. Conversely, were a faction unpopular with the senate, they could refuse to award a triumph, which would cost influence. But those are just wild ideas. Nothing to important.

metatron
06-16-2005, 19:22
Err, why, if we COULD include Triumphs, would you like that? What would you want to see? What sort of events trigger it, and what sort of rewards do you get from it?Conquering a major power.

There should be ovations too, for major battles and conquering lesser nations/rebel armies.

-Abbey.keeper-
06-22-2005, 09:33
Err, why, if we COULD include Triumphs, would you like that? What would you want to see? What sort of events trigger it, and what sort of rewards do you get from it?

sorry for the late reply, as i haven't receive any replies for a long time and so assumed that this topic no longer held any interest. :bow:

"what sort of rewards do you get from it"

well, Pompey got off to a glorious political career after his victory in sicily. although the support from Sulla was important, the triumph made him popular among the plebians and Romans in general. so i think the general should get a "Triumphator" trait that gives a popularity bonus to the plebians and probably to the senate too. it should allow that general a bonus to acheiving senate offices or outright granting of office.

"After the unprecedented triumph at a youthful age and without proper status, Pompey asked for proconsular imperium, before becoming consul, in order to fight Sertorius" - wikipedia

"what sort of events trigger it"
:book:
"1. Win a war against a foreign power. Civil wars and rebellions were disqualified as they brought neither spoils, nor slaves, to the public treasury.

2. Be acclaimed as imperator by the legions

3. Apply to the senate The Roman Senate for the right of a triumph. At this
point, internal politics and faction lobbying had an important role. There are
examples of rightful triumphs refused and generals of not so successful wars
granted a triumph. " - wikipedia

all 3 criteria should be met, if coding is possible.
however i was thinking of it as a senate reward for conquering a huge enemy settlement. for criteria 2, it could maybe be a seperate VnV or a rewording of the "popular Hero" Trait, what say you, Malrubius?

as for criteria 3,
"Only men of senatorial or consular rank could perform a triumph and be a triumphator." -wikipedia

but for pompey

"he had neither senatorial nor consular status. The senate refused his application but Pompey stationed his legions outside Rome and refused to leave until they agreed. At that time, Sulla intervened and gave Pompey his triumph" -wikipedia

so i believed a strong lobby should be sufficient (laws were created by strongmans anyway) and since the general must come from either of the 3 political fractions, support must thus be easy

"What would you like to see?"
just any CA graphics or a message would do

i have not done any modding on RTW myself, especially on a grand scale like EB, so my suggestions might be way outa reach, especially when the open beta is approaching, but still, it's worth a shot. ~:)

cheers

Malrubius
06-22-2005, 11:15
Hmm... this looks very interesting. ~;)