PDA

View Full Version : newbie question..

soccerlover10cf
05-16-2005, 05:58
Hello, I new to this board so i'm not sure if this question was asked already or not. But I just have 2 simple questions and I hope someone can answer that for me.
My first question is for the multiplayer game like "Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP)", do I need two CD's to play the multiplayer game? Like, I have 2 computers in my room, one for my brother and one for me and when we play age of empires we can play multiplayer game with just one disk. Like insert one on one computer and take out the disk and use it on another one. So I was wondering if thats possible on rome total war as well.

My second question is when we play age of empires, we tend to have tons of lagging so are there any lagging at all on multiplayer game? I know it depends on the ping and internet connection but I just like to know if lagging occurs or not.

I hope someone can answer this 2 questions for me...
Thanks.

Kekvit Irae
05-16-2005, 06:55
I've never played multiplayer (and dont plan on it). However, there are plenty of people in the multiplayer forums who can assist you

buujin
05-16-2005, 08:47
This is the multiplayer forums...

Soccorlover im not sure if you can play twice from the same CD.

I have some doubts because it would mean gamespy letting two people use the same CD Key at once, which i wouldnt suspect possible.

However the best way to find out is to try it !

sapi
05-16-2005, 09:25
i don't think it's possible but nothing is lost if you try

NihilisticCow
05-16-2005, 10:08
AFAIK you will need two CDs for two people to play.

With regards to lagging, there really shouldn't be any lagging at all over a LAN, are you quite sure you are getting lag? Not just slow computers struggling with graphics? If so, it sounds like there may be some kind of problem with your connection here.

Somebody Else
05-16-2005, 10:20
I would think if you can get the game to run, than you can play LAN games, however, to play online, you'd need different cd-keys surely...

CBR
05-16-2005, 12:04
The CD is required only for starting up the game so you could play a LAN with just one copy of the game.

If you experience lag/low fps in a LAN game its very likely that it is your PC specs.

CBR

soccerlover10cf
05-16-2005, 12:39
oh, i see, so it is possible to play LAN games then.. Thanks guys for the help, I appreciate it.

runes
05-16-2005, 18:53
"I've never played multiplayer (and dont plan on it). "

you sir, are SORELY missing out

Rob The Bastard
05-16-2005, 22:00
Hi soccerlover10cf,

I've merged your two threads into one, because they were asking the same question.

Rob.

~:grouphug: