PDA

View Full Version : Poll for Canadians (or any others who are interested)

Goofball
05-19-2005, 16:50
The budget vote is at 5:45pm (EST) today. Will the government survive?

Here is a link to bring you up to date:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20050519.wbudset051911/BNStory/National/

Byzantine Prince
05-19-2005, 16:55
I hope so. That's a good budget and needs to pass. It esures so much social development. It would be sad if it didn't pass.

Plus if the government falls we'll have conservatives in power and you know what that means. privatization of health care, closer ties with the US, more money for the military and probably more corruption if Mulroney is an example of what conservatives are.

lars573
05-19-2005, 17:07
I hope that the government will survive. Like an editorial cartoon said about the liberals, the devil you know.

Krypta
05-19-2005, 17:59
Yeah, I hope the government survives too but if not I hope the Conservatives, get pulverised for allying with the Bloc in the next election. I'm not for the Lib's either but the Conservatives*cough*Alliance and the Bloc are regional parties that IMO dont have the scope nor reflect the broader Canadian interest, and never will.

UglyandHasty
05-19-2005, 18:15
No and i hope they dont ! The Liberals Party of Canada is a Party with no moral and no ethic whatsoever, they have feast on Canadian money and trust for far too long. That budget is a joke. They have bought the lefties vote NPD with Billions for social housing and such. They are spending billions again in various Provincial juridiction, another budget à la Trudeau.

We would be better with a Conservative governement. Harper may not be charismatic, but at least he is not a liar like Martin. He is a hard working man, and he deserve a chance with his program. And for those who like to scare children with tale of the 80's, there's no more members of the old Mulroney governement in the Conservative.

Dont make me laugh with the little sentence that we are better with the devil we know... Because if you say so, you obviously dont follow the Gommery investigation, you should.

Byzantine Prince
05-19-2005, 18:22
They have bought the lefties vote NPD with Billions for social housing and such.
Oh yes, social housing and enhancing our communities is a HUGE waste of money in your opinion, right?

I guess giving it to the military like Harper wants to do is a much WISER decision. Do you really think most Canadians want that?

UglyandHasty
05-19-2005, 18:48
Oh yes, social housing and enhancing our communities is a HUGE waste of money in your opinion, right?

I guess giving it to the military like Harper wants to do is a much WISER decision. Do you really think most Canadians want that?

For your information, last election i voted for the NPD and Jack Layton. I like his project of society, and the way he want to work it. But to keep that governement in power just for a budget, no way ! The Liberals have abuse their position of power. Now someone have to pay.

And yes spending more on the military would be wiser. Much more wiser then spend billions on health, paying thousands of federals employees, wich is provincial competence. If they just send a fraction of those billions to the province(like they should) ans spend the rest on the military, that would be wise and well spend.

But what do you care about social spending ? Dont you like to beat homeless ?

Gawain of Orkeny
05-19-2005, 18:49
If it doesnt can we take you over ? ~D

Byzantine Prince
05-19-2005, 18:50
Less (good, hard-working) people would be homeless with more social housing. And no I don't like to beat them up. I don't like to see them is all. They make Canada look like crap.

Goofball
05-19-2005, 18:52

Would you really want that many left-leaning voters swelling the ranks of your electorate?

UglyandHasty
05-19-2005, 18:53

think how vote the Dem would get G ...

still want us ? ~D

UglyandHasty
05-19-2005, 18:54
sorry BP for the hard line.

Politics get the worst in me.... :bow:

Byzantine Prince
You wish. We're bigger then you, and we'll beat you up with our beavers and american hippies as weapons of mass destruction.

Krypta
They make Canada look like crap.

Now that is rich. ~D

Duke Malcolm
05-19-2005, 19:32

Britain has first dibs at governing Canada, don't you forget that, lest you have to answer to the British Commonwealth of Nations...

Gawain of Orkeny
05-19-2005, 19:51
Britain has first dibs at governing Canada, don't you forget that, lest you have to answer to the British Commonwealth of Nations...

We beat you when we were little and you ruled the world . You dont stand a chance in hell today. I say bring it on. ~D

PanzerJaeger
05-19-2005, 21:22
Would you really want that many left-leaning voters swelling the ranks of your electorate?

Who said you'd get to vote! ~D

Hurin_Rules
05-19-2005, 21:23
We beat you when we were little and you ruled the world . You dont stand a chance in hell today. I say bring it on. ~D

Uh oh. I see another debate about the War of 1812 coming on. :hide:

Gawain of Orkeny
05-19-2005, 21:24
Im talking the war of Independance.

Duke Malcolm
05-19-2005, 21:43

First, it was a logistical thing. Our troops weren't supplied over there, they were cut off. Also, all the people were treacherous and turned against Britain, and it was also only Britain's soldiers.

Anyhoo... The British Commonwealth, I said. Don't forget that that has 53 countries, including the old Indian Empire, Australia, Canada, and half of Africa...

Gawain of Orkeny
05-19-2005, 21:45
Excuses are like a$$holes. We all have them and they all stink ~D You lost admit it.

Duke Malcolm
05-19-2005, 21:46
It was badly administrated, and we had an Empire to defend...

Gawain of Orkeny
05-19-2005, 21:47
Gah more excuses ~;)

Duke Malcolm
05-19-2005, 21:48
Weesht, we can't let the Canadians know about the American Revolution, otherwise they might try one too, and surely you don't want them being a proper country?

Evil_Maniac From Mars
05-19-2005, 21:59
Excuses are like a$$holes. We all have them and they all stink ~D You lost admit it.
We kicked your white trousered asses across your own border in 1812. You know why that White House is callled that? Cause we torched it and you had to re paint it.

GoreBag
05-19-2005, 22:01
Weesht, we can't let the Canadians know about the American Revolution, otherwise they might try one too, and surely you don't want them being a proper country?

Why do you think there are three levels of government in Canada?

Duke Malcolm
05-19-2005, 22:02
To make them think that they are a proper country, of course...

Gawain of Orkeny
05-19-2005, 22:03
We kicked your white trousered asses across your own border in 1812. You know why that White House is callled that? Cause we torched it and you had to re paint it.

We? What do you have a mouse in your pocket? There was no Canada back then. It was the actions of the British army you canuks keep trying to take credit for. ~:)

Goofball
05-19-2005, 22:05
Excuses are like a$$holes. We all have them and they all stink ~D You lost admit it.We kicked your white trousered asses across your own border in 1812. You know why that White House is callled that? Cause we torched it and you had to re paint it.

Yay. Another "my penis is bigger than yours" argument.

Duke Malcolm
05-19-2005, 22:05
Be fair, they are of British descent, and are still only a mere dominion, in service of HM the Queen of the UK of GB and NI. Unless he is of German descent, then he shouldn't take credit...

GoreBag
05-19-2005, 22:06
To make them think that they are a proper country, of course...

Now why would anyone do that unless they feared some kind of other nation popping up and rebelling?

Gawain of Orkeny
05-19-2005, 22:08
Talk about hijacking a thread.

:hide:

Duke Malcolm
05-19-2005, 22:08
Exactly. We don't want Canada going the same way as the USA, we want to keep a watchful eye over her...

Beirut
05-19-2005, 22:51
Besides, everybody likes us.

I heard that some people from some countries have to sew Canadian flags on their backpacks so people won't think they are who they really are.

Being tough and rich is all fine and dandy.

Being liked and trusted and having friends is better. ~:cheers:

Hurin_Rules
05-19-2005, 23:09
Looks like the government has survived. Cadmon or whatever his name is sided with the liberals. Its now a tie; we're waiting to see what the speaker will do, but tradition and precedent says he'll vote to keep the bill and the government alive.

Goofball
05-19-2005, 23:11
Looks like the government has survived. Cadmon or whatever his name is sided with the liberals. Its now a tie; we're waiting to see what the speaker will do, but tradition and precedent says he'll vote to keep the bill and the government alive.

It's the best thing that could have happened to the Conservatives. They would have lost seats in an election right now. The Liberals, on the other hand, have nowhere to go but down as more and more Gomery crap comes down the pipe.

Hurin_Rules
05-19-2005, 23:16
The speaker voted with the government. The Liberal government has survived.

Byzantine Prince
05-19-2005, 23:58
It's the best thing that could have happened to the Conservatives. They would have lost seats in an election right now. The Liberals, on the other hand, have nowhere to go but down as more and more Gomery crap comes down the pipe.
Then why would they want to delay the election until the report? Do you know something none of the members of parliament know?

Papewaio
05-20-2005, 00:14
Besides, everybody likes us.

I heard that some people from some countries have to sew Canadian flags on their backpacks so people won't think they are who they really are.

Being tough and rich is all fine and dandy.

Being liked and trusted and having friends is better. ~:cheers:

Australians wear Canadian flags as well.

It really helps in avoiding the hundreds of paternity suits when they are filed in the wrong country. ~:cheers: ~:cool:

JAG
05-20-2005, 07:08
I have said it before and I will say it for every country - any central or left of centre govt is better than a conservative one. It only takes one conservative term for any social benefits painfully brought in by a left wing govt to get taken to the cleaners, no one should ever flirt with a conservative govt thinking that there will be anything but the slashing and burning, it is beyond them.

Beirut
05-20-2005, 11:12
Australians wear Canadian flags as well.

It really helps in avoiding the hundreds of paternity suits when they are filed in the wrong country. ~:cheers: ~:cool:

Ma man! :knight: