PDA

View Full Version : peace?

VAE VICTUS
05-21-2005, 04:59
ok was reading replies to my post,can there be an end to war.
someone said(cant remember who)that there would need to be a strong central power.RELIGION!what has unified man for centuries?(and splintered them)it would bring them together,a broad world wide religion,of course conflict would rise,but after those who dont agree are no longer in the way(may take awhile)...you have a new generation who will believe what is taught to them...and that is frightening.a world religion used correctly could destroy all old institutions,ban the memory of old ways,of tradition.bind the hands of the zealot,redirect him,and unleash him.
now as to the end of war,you would have to deceive the people,make up an enemy.the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
-
or war on a much less scale,more of an act than a war;a central govt. could control all the world,but the people wouldnt have to know that,make the people believe that the world split and not really a whole controlled by a few.send troops against the "enemy" people die,but nothing in reality changes,the govt stays in power,the people are happy.
^probly not feesable,maybe though)
-
religion or a common idea will unify man when race,speech,nation,creed,(etc.)are no longer in question.would have to be a very strong movement though.but i believe it could happen given the correct happenings and opportunities taken.(and kept)

sapi
05-21-2005, 09:03
You know you can post a reply to your own post................

There would be religious wars though....

Kagemusha
05-21-2005, 17:19
Ultimately Peace will emerge in world when every single human being is dead.
Cryptic isnt it? ~D

Templar Knight
05-21-2005, 22:34
we will find peace when we die ~:)

The_Doctor
05-21-2005, 22:54
We will have peace (I mean humans fighting humans), for a while, when we meet aliens and start expanding into space. We probably end up fighting the aliens and probably each other (I know it contradicts my first sentence).

Franconicus
05-23-2005, 14:34
ok was reading replies to my post,can there be an end to war.
someone said(cant remember who)that there would need to be a strong central power.RELIGION!what has unified man for centuries?(and splintered them)it would bring them together,a broad world wide religion,of course conflict would rise,but after those who dont agree are no longer in the way(may take awhile)...you have a new generation who will believe what is taught to them...and that is frightening.a world religion used correctly could destroy all old institutions,ban the memory of old ways,of tradition.bind the hands of the zealot,redirect him,and unleash him.
now as to the end of war,you would have to deceive the people,make up an enemy.the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
-
or war on a much less scale,more of an act than a war;a central govt. could control all the world,but the people wouldnt have to know that,make the people believe that the world split and not really a whole controlled by a few.send troops against the "enemy" people die,but nothing in reality changes,the govt stays in power,the people are happy.
^probly not feesable,maybe though)
-
religion or a common idea will unify man when race,speech,nation,creed,(etc.)are no longer in question.would have to be a very strong movement though.but i believe it could happen given the correct happenings and opportunities taken.(and kept)

It does not have to be religion. And there were ideals in at least parts of the world like Helenism. Even the ideals of a free world kept NATO states together (o.k. the Communist block did his part).

Gregoshi
05-25-2005, 04:19
VV, this isn't really a historical thread. So like your "war" thread, I'm moving this to the Backroom. Please post your topics in the correct forum.

PanzerJaeger
05-25-2005, 04:58

Someone just read 1984. ~;)

Papewaio
05-25-2005, 05:08
Having a single religion IMDHO would be a step backwards. I would prefer personal choice. I don't think a peace which is bought by stamping out differences is anything else then a dictatorship.

kiwitt
05-25-2005, 05:32
Well said.

sapi
05-25-2005, 10:34
i agree

Uesugi Kenshin
05-25-2005, 21:02
Yeah, forcing a religion or other idea on people is a bad iodea because even if you chose what someone believed in (no god for me) someone like me would still be incensed because the option would not be open and the law would be oppressive.

Devastatin Dave
05-25-2005, 22:04
Jesus is will unify us all... Repent.

Uesugi Kenshin
05-26-2005, 03:25
Oh Jesus not this again! I told the Jehova's witnesses not to come back at five am. Gotta get a leash and tell them I will help them find their dog, seriously who would name a dog Jesus?

AntiochusIII
05-26-2005, 04:12
Oh Good Lord! Jesus is no good as a politician and a military commander! How COULD you choose someone like THAT to conquer the world!?

He is, however, one of the best UN secretaries one could find.

Peace will come when I rule the world, don't worry, people. :devil: