PDA

View Full Version : Historical Battles Contest

Tomisama
05-21-2005, 05:13
What would you say to an Historical Battles Contest?

It would be based on a kills scoring comparison system, with best winner and best looser categories for every Battle scenario.

A new Historical Battle every week, with screen print TGAs of final score sent in for proofs.

Interesting?

:duel:

NihilisticCow
05-21-2005, 09:37
Sounds like a cool idea, and I've never really played the historical battles online.

tibilicus
05-21-2005, 09:46
sounds good. Maby we should get more people in?

Beefy
05-21-2005, 11:45
yar sounds good! ~D

Craterus
05-21-2005, 12:06
I'm up for that. I've already kicked butt when playing Carrhae.

[seminoles]shadow
05-21-2005, 16:38
ok i'm up for it

Wishazu
05-21-2005, 21:32
yeah me too, ive also created a historical battle of my own, the Battle of Marathon. If anyone is interested in doing it i can tweak it a bit before i hand it out.

Imorthorn
05-23-2005, 14:45
I will give it ago

{SPID}thepig
06-13-2005, 19:10
Im up for it it will be a laugh

Wishazu
06-22-2005, 18:27
Yo Imorthorn havnt seen you in the lobbies for a while and i cant seem to access your new forums. Do you still want to do this battle? do you have xfire? if so my name on there is also Wishazu.

Tomisama
06-23-2005, 23:56
For some reason it seems to be harder to get individuals together than four man teams. It may have something to do with Clan reputations at stake, or expectations to play of more folks motivating everyone.

Maybe we should have based the competition on wins rather than kill points, and set a time limit of three weeks to complete or forfeit? But there would be no way to compare matches between different sets of participants, for an overall winner. And no guarantee that it would have made and difference anyway.

The ezboard getting wiped out didn’t help, but many were not posting there anyway.

Whatever the cases of correctness and luck might have given this contest, I think it is safe to say it’s not going to fly. So I am going to have to officially call it off.

:shame:

Wish, I will look for you when I am in Rome (have been having fun back in VI), and would be happy to test skills on Asculum with you :wink:

Wishazu
06-24-2005, 00:24
oki doki mate :) btw are you in a clan? we are looking to recruit for ours.

King Edward
06-26-2005, 20:07
Is this tournament going on? if so im interested in entering.

Cheers,
Page_Edward

tibilicus
06-26-2005, 20:59
I think it is Ed. I have played both my matches vs Tomi but non of the others have started. i would be happy to play you ~:)

makkyo
06-26-2005, 22:17
Sounds good. What battle is first?

Craterus
06-26-2005, 22:21
Battle of Asculum. 272 BC (?)

Wishazu
06-27-2005, 01:09
I belive that Tomi called this tournament off. maybe we need a CoH clan vs clan tourney, kinda like the cwc

tibilicus
06-27-2005, 15:22
Wait the tournaments off? Well you know what that means. As the only pair to play me and Tomi are winners by default! Yay! I will be expecting my trophy soon ~;)

Tomisama
06-28-2005, 02:38
Hey look, if there are folks who want to participate, we will continue.

I’m sorry Tibi, guess it aint over yet :sad:

Will be back shortly. Have a bunch of names to add to The Code. Then we will take another look at what might be done here.

As I have said before, I personally think this is a Great Contest, so am willing to go the extra mile :bow:

Tomisama
06-29-2005, 03:39
They say that the third time’s the charm. I don’t know how accurate they are, but I know that legend has it that Robert the Bruce succeed on his third attempt, encouraged by watching a spider complete it’s web on the third try.

Hey, good enough for me!

Briefly, this is how it works from here on out.

1. Fight a Historical Battle of the Month with anyone (Codie or non-Codie).

2. Send in the Logfile.

3. The necessary information will extracted and posted.

The Rules will be rewritten to explain in detail, but really that is all there is to it, so those who want to go ahead and get started can do so.

The Historical Battle of the Month for June 2005 for Rome Total War is still Asculum.

Just be sure that your Preferences are set to record logfiles.

ALWAYS_LOGFILE:TRUE
TIMESTAMP_LOGFILE:TRUE

Then go for it!

After, find the correct recorded battle in your logfiles folder. Copy and paste to an email with the subject title of HBC, and send to:

codemember@hotmail.com

That’s all there is to it!

At the end of the month all scores will be posted, and we will announce the Champions on the Org front page.

:charge:

P.S. Yes Code signers are the only ones eligible to send in HBC logfiles. And yes, they are bound by honour to send all battles (win or loose) that are fought in the name of HBC, which needs to be in the game title to be accepted.

Good Hunting!

Wishazu
06-29-2005, 18:16
how do i alter these logfiles? can i not just save the replay and give you that?

Jochi Khan
06-29-2005, 19:45
Wishazu

Double click your Preferences Text Document in your rtw main dir.
Scroll down to the end. After the : Type...TRUE
Do this for both. As Tomi said.

Happy Hunting

Jochi

NihilisticCow
06-29-2005, 19:55
Log files are always generated for multiplayer games anyway; you don't have to set ALWAYS_LOGFILE to TRUE - this is to allow log files to be generated for single player games.

Wish - Just look in your Logfiles directory under RTW, you probably have hundreds... Open them in Wordpad, as notepad can't handle the end of line characters.