PDA

View Full Version : Code of Honor Forum Announcement

Tomisama
05-24-2005, 01:26
It has been decided that we need to open our CoH forum up to public posting.

As cool as it would seem to be able to have a members only forum, the benefits of being public far out weigh the “coolness”.

We need to be part of the general populous, inviting questions and comments. And most of all, be accessible for signing The Code by post.

The concept of a “private” forum is not to be lost however. Visitors who have no yet signed The Code, will be limited to a single thread to ask their questions and announce their signing.

Any attempts to post elsewhere before signing should be corrected immediately by moving their post to that thread. We will trust in the watchful eyes of our Moderators to accomplish this.

But if there should be a stray post that they have not had a chance to get to yet, I think it would be in our best interest to ignore the intruder, and give them time to do their job. If any admonishments are in order, please leave it to the appointed authorities.

Thanks!

Wishazu
05-24-2005, 01:39
ive been a bit busy the last few days but i will be ever watchfull from now on. You have been warned ~;)

[seminoles]shadow
05-24-2005, 02:58
is there any way you can make that one thread the only thread they may post on?

Nigel
05-24-2005, 19:01
We will trust in the watchful eyes of our Moderators to accomplish this

Hmm, this sounds like asking quite a lot of the Moderators if this forum gets real popular. Also, I think what we don't want to happen is people signing up for the Code in order to be able to post here - rather everyone should sign up for the Code itself.

I guess it is down to what we want from this forum. If we want to stay among ourselves, lets keep it to signees only. If it's publicity we want, why not make it open for all.

Tomisama
05-25-2005, 00:29
We will have both :grin:

A note from TosaInu:

Limiting posting rights to one topic only isn't really possible. Custom permissions for the CoH forum are possible though. Non signers can't start new topics, can't vote, can't start polls, can't edit their posts. Each of those options has it's own on/off toggle for each member group.

We will opt for Custom permissions off, except for editing their own posts I think :wink:

Voigtkampf
05-25-2005, 05:59
I had no time for a decent reply lately to your PM, Tomi-sama, but to express my opinion now in public, it might be actually be better to allow people to post and sign the Code by posting alone.

I took time and signed the CoH petition online via e-mail because I really liked idea, while usually never bother myself with such things. If people can’t bring up that much enthusiasm, CoH doesn’t mean anything to them, I guess. But perhaps a greater involvement from the posters might bring more life to this section of the forum? Let us hope so.

ichi
05-27-2005, 05:54
If people can’t bring up that much enthusiasm, CoH doesn’t mean anything to them, I guess.

A lot of wisdom in that says I

Voigtkampf
05-27-2005, 07:33
A lot of wisdom in that says I

Thank you, Ichi-sensei! You are strong in da forze! ~;)

Tomisama
05-28-2005, 00:51
Oh I agree with you guys :yes:

But you see, the problem was a logistical one for both the signer and administration.

We had triple exclusion for the signer. They had to send in their player name, be an Org member, and submit their forum name. Three things to get here.

And please know, that 75% of our signers are not Org members, and would have to sign up for the Org first. Then send in their forum name, wait for processing, then be able to post for the first time.

Also know that player names and forum names of those who already are Org members, sometimes don’t bear any resemblance to each other. That without their actual posting, some folks just can’t be identified for sure from their player names.

And then there’s the triple entries for administration. The email data base, the web page entry, the forum name submission to Org admin, for addition to the forum access list. Plus a confirmation letter had to be sent if the signing was by email.

It is just a lot simpler for everyone, if they can come straight to the forum and sign up here.

Imorthorn
06-01-2005, 09:58
~:confused: wow ~:confused:

tibilicus
06-01-2005, 11:23
Could this thread by any chance stick? So when ever theres an anouncement it getsa posted here.
Thanks
Tibilicus