PDA

View Full Version : We need a couple of new Mongol icons.

Kurando
12-20-2000, 08:00
Gentlemen,

We at the org are going to be putting together a project whereby patrons of Legendary Swordsman rank may switch to the Mongol Horde if they so desire, but to be honest we're all out of ideas for icons.

Can someone of you editing guys make us a couple of new icons with a Mongol Warrior theme and send them to me via an attachment: kurando_org@hotmail.com .

They must be identical in size to the icons now in use (50x50 including the frame, or 46x46 without the frame), and must be somewhat similar in style to the Japanese icons already in use here at the org.

As incentive, if we pick your icon as our final choice you shall be afforded your own honourary rank here at the Dojo, or baring that, as a token of our gratitude we'll do something to accomidate your effort.

Thanks in advance,
Kurando.

solypsist
12-21-2000, 01:30
why not just wait until the expansion comes out and then use the heads from that, like you did with the japanese ones?

Kraellin
12-21-2000, 01:33
um, kurando,

forgive me for being ignorant here, but what are these icons for? where are they being used? where do we see them? are they in the game or something on your web site?

thanks,

K.

Kurando
12-21-2000, 06:31
Kraellin; I'm talking about rank icons. The little pictures that you see in the left-hand margin of the dojo's posts which correspond to patron ranks (Ronin, Samurai Hero, Ashigaru, ect).

Kraellin
12-21-2000, 22:49
oh, you mean the ones here in this forum? hmmm, how did i get to be a samurai? didnt i use to have the ronin icon in here? ;)

K.

Kurando
12-22-2000, 08:25
Kraellin;

Yes, the ones on this forum; they denote a patrons incremental rank based largely on the number of post which that particular individual has made.

You, for example, started out as a Ronin, then at the 20 post mark you became an Ashigaru, and you are now a Samurai because you have exceeded the 50 post mark. -Whereas solypsist, for example, is entitled to a custom rank and icon because he has exceeded 500 posts.

I should also mention that in solypsist's case he is often accosted by other partons shouting such remarks as: "...is that a boomerang on your helmet or are you just happy to see me??"

Basically, rank is something we added as a fun diversion for our partons. Are you having fun yet soly...? http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/biggrin.gif

Kraellin
12-23-2000, 00:38
hehehe, ok. thanks kurando :)

Shiro
12-28-2000, 07:56
Quote Originally posted by Kurando:

Gentlemen,
[/QUOTE]

Who is he talking to?

The Daimyo
01-02-2001, 10:27
LOL!!!

http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/biggrin.gif

Kurando,

I'll see if I can dig up anything myself, and then give ya a few goodies if you aren't already done with this.

------------------
The Daimyo
Miaowara "Kakizaki" Tomokato
@ http://www.planettotalwar.com

Magyar Khan
01-02-2001, 13:08
i can make one or some, and maybe i even make one for myself. An upgrade to Khan instead of chieftain?

solypsist
01-05-2001, 13:57
sigh

looking at that comment, Kurando is obviously drunk again. You guys should see the long email love letter he sent me. High hat, indeed....

[This message has been edited by solypsist (edited 01-05-2001).]