PDA

View Full Version : Iraq/Pak: for what it's worth

Adrian II
05-25-2005, 15:20
Apparently, Musharraf's ex-favourite preacher spilled some beans (http://www.satribune.com/archives/200505/P1_ary.htm) in a censored tv program.

Franconicus
05-25-2005, 15:39
Adrian,
this is getting more and more complex. I do not understand who is the good and who is the bad and who is the ugly. I have headache right now!
Maybe we should ask the US airforce to bomb the whole area. Would make things much easier.

Redleg
05-25-2005, 16:09
Interesting reading - can't wait to see what the spin and fallout is going to be concerning the interview and the statements.

Will this wake up some individuals about how there religion is being used to promote killing others - or will it just be accepted by the world as de facto

English assassin
05-25-2005, 16:12
Maybe we should ask the US airforce to bomb the whole area. Would make things much easier.

Well if we carry on this way pretty soon that will be the only option left.

Still, y'all carry on worrying about Iran now, never mind about the profoundly unstable largely fundamentalist nuclear armed country next door...or the profoundly unstable largely fundamentalist very oil rich country whose so called royal family will no doubt shortly go the way of the last totalitarian leader backed by the West in that region (ha ha, well spotted, although I was referring to the Shah of Iran of course in fact Saddam Hussein was indeed the last totalitarian leader backed by the West in that region. Still he's not in power now either is he?)

Or the profoundly unstable very oil rich country where everyone is busy blowing each other up right now.

Blimey. Can anyone suggest offhand a way in which our policy in and around middle east could possibly have had any worse results?

bmolsson
05-26-2005, 08:24
Sigh... How can these idiots become ministers in a democratic government ? Eh... Oh, I forgot, Musharraf is not democratically elected.......