PDA

View Full Version : Is the .org the only place you discuss politics on the net?

PanzerJaeger
05-26-2005, 00:36
Continuing with another poll..

Well ive always thought about looking for a purely political type forum like this one but the .org takes up way too much time already and ive never felt the need to spend even more time on politics.

Are you guys active on any other political forums or even blogs?

AntiochusIII
05-26-2005, 00:44
No...

Most other sites are just flaming and flaming.

Of course, I often goes here and there to read stuff but have yet to discover a site that is not filled with flame wars.

Big King Sanctaphrax
05-26-2005, 01:01
No...

Most other sites are just flaming and flaming.

Of course, I often goes here and there to read stuff but have yet to discover a site that is not filled with flame wars.

I'll second that. This is the only political discussion board I've ever found that is in any way friendly. So no, I don't frequent any others.

ICantSpellDawg
05-26-2005, 01:40
I'll second that. This is the only political discussion board I've ever found that is in any way friendly. So no, I don't frequent any others.

you are fat
your dog smells like dead gerbil farts
you dont know what you are talking about
i hate you
get out

is any of that wildly innapropriate?
probably all of it

also, is it a troll if the insult is random, totally unreasonable and directed at a member who no one dislikes in any way?
probably

Uesugi Kenshin
05-26-2005, 03:16
The Org is the only place for me. Don't have much time online each night so I may as well concentrate it in one spot.

ichi
05-26-2005, 03:32
Gah!

I hate argui errmmm discussing politics

ichi :bow:

ps but I really like chatting with you PJ , kinda miss the old days when we ran across the open fields looking for hapless victims

kiwitt
05-26-2005, 03:42
The .org is a good place to discuss politics. Most debaters are mature and well researched.

GoreBag
05-26-2005, 03:50
I only discuss politics here. I used to post a fair deal on the metal board for my city, but I don't anymore. Even when I did, there were little-to-no politics involved.

Fragony
05-26-2005, 04:06
Pretty much so, no hostility here, I like that.

PanzerJaeger
05-26-2005, 04:07
ps but I really like chatting with you PJ , kinda miss the old days when we ran across the open fields looking for hapless victims

Yea :sad:. I havent found a substitute that even remotely compares to the fun of the mtw days.. I cant believe i took them for granted.

Papewaio
05-26-2005, 04:18
I debate politics here but not maths. ~:cool:

bmolsson
05-26-2005, 08:01
The politic here is a bit hawkish and it's a rather narrow selection of subjects that really create a discussion here. The company is nice and entertaining though... ~:grouphug:

Byzantine Prince
05-26-2005, 08:06
No, only here. The only other place place i used to post at was Warcraft3.com and I got banned a couple of times. ~D I still haven't figured out why? ~;)

Drisos
05-26-2005, 09:08
I hate argui errmmm discussing politics

Me too, so GAH!

King Henry V
05-26-2005, 20:47
I used to debate on thehistorychannel.co.uk, but now since I'm on here I don't there very often any more.

ichi
05-27-2005, 01:24
Me too, so GAH!

well, it is pointless

ichi :bow:

Proletariat
05-27-2005, 01:27
I like the company alot here, but the politics really isn't that great, I don't think. I've seen much better and much worse, but this is the only place where I can speak with quite so many different nationalities, but the commonground is a video game. Not just politics as a sole interest.

~:cheers: