Tomisama
05-26-2005, 02:48
HBC Battle Assignments for Asculum

RabidGibbon vs. Voigtkampf

Craterus vs. Shadow

Beefy vs. Nihilist

Tomisama vs. Tibilicus

Wishazu vs. (yet unknown)

I am setting up an ezboard to handle these comps in a civilized way. Will have a link for that tomorrow. Until then, we need at least one more contestant to fill out the above. If more wish to take part, no problem, will add them as they come.

[seminoles]shadow
05-26-2005, 03:15
umm... u forgot imorthorn

Tomisama
05-26-2005, 11:37
HBC Battle Assignments for Asculum

RabidGibbon vs. Voigtkampf

Craterus vs. Shadow

Beefy vs. Nihilist

Tomisama vs. Tibilicus

Wishazu vs. Imorthorn

I knew there where 10, but when I went to the list, it came up short. He had signed on the origional thread. Sorry :book:

tibilicus
05-26-2005, 21:12
Shall look foward to it tomi. Will need to know when it is though. How will each person playing for witch faction be picked? Ranomly or will we get a choise? And i know remeber this battle now. Played it vs a.i (of course a.i being horendisly rubbish los).
And good to see tomi the amount of efort you have put in you really are a good member of the comunity. Thanks again for everything you have done in these forums e.c.t.

Craterus
05-26-2005, 21:54
Is Shadow [seminoles]shadow?

I look forward to it.

Tomi, thanks once agian for all the hard work you put in for CoH and for our tourneys.

Tomisama
05-27-2005, 03:21
Still a work in progress, but there is enough in place to get the First Contest of the Historical Battles Competition underway :charge:
http://p067.ezboard.com/bsamuraiclanwars3295

A. Please read the latest revision of the Rules.

B. Then the Battle Assignments.

C. And finally find your Match thread on the Match Appointments forum.

Got it done up to that point, but haven’t even posted on my own Match Assignment.
But I will tomorrow.
Hope to see your posts there too.

Have a good night :wink:

Wishazu
05-27-2005, 22:29
look forward to playin ya Imorthorn :duel:

[seminoles]shadow
05-28-2005, 01:49
yes craterus shadow is [seminoles]shadow

Craterus
05-28-2005, 13:42
Oh, I look forward to playing you.

Do we organise our own match times? If so, when is good for you Shadow?

Tomisama
05-28-2005, 19:33
The Historical Battles Competition is underway :charge:

A. Please read the latest revision of the Rules (2.0).

B. Then the Battle Assignments from those signing up so far.

C. And finally find your Match thread on the Match Appointments forum.

D. If you are interested in joining in, please add your player name to the Register Here forum.

tibilicus
05-28-2005, 20:56
Tomi do you have MSN if so could i have it so i can tell you when im free for a match? Or should i just stick to the forum?

Craterus
05-28-2005, 22:20
Use PM's...

P.S. Shadow, do you have MSN, oir an email that I can contact you with?

Tomisama
05-29-2005, 07:18
Of course you can use any means you wish to contact each other and make your Match arrangements. But the Match Arrangements forum works very well for this purpose. It is the same method that we have used for the Clan Wars Competitions for years, with great success.

HBC Match Arrangements forum http://p067.ezboard.com/fsamuraiclanwars3295frm12

There are other benefits that come from using a public forum. Other Contestants and potential Contestants can see and be encouraged by your progress. And the Competition Administration can see if you are having any problems getting responses, arranging meetings or other details or of your Match, so they can lend a hand where needed :smile:

Wishazu
05-29-2005, 17:04
i have a problem with ezboards, i cant use my old global account cos ive forgotten my password. whenever i try to get the details sent to me it says they are on the way but they never arrive. i cant be bothered with setting up a new email account just to use an ezboard.

Tomisama
05-29-2005, 17:54
"This" ezbord does not require an account :bow:

Anyone can post anywhere, except on the subtitled "Adninistrative Posts" forums.

Beefy
05-29-2005, 18:14
ezboard wont let me sign up! crappy thing. Anyway im going to have to show cow a thing or 2 now!

tibilicus
05-29-2005, 18:33
A fixed time will be quit hard as i am quite busy over the holidays Tomi. I might be able to do wednesdey evening. Could i give you a bell when i know what time i can do via posting here?
Thanks

Tomisama
05-29-2005, 19:15
Guess I was wrong about no registration :sad:

Tested it, and although that's not how I set it up, that's what ezboard has as a basic requirement now.

Oh well, if you can't get there, you can't get there...

Although I have 234 members on my CWC forum, without any problems :confused:

Tibilicus, being as you are in the UK, and I in the US (-6 GMT), weekends will be the only possibility unless you stay up past midnight?

Can we meet today at around 8 or 9pm BST?

Beefy
05-29-2005, 20:05
same problem im not going to be here this week, and probably not next week and oter times due to many different things i have to do

WHY? dont you set a date say 20th june that the results have to be in by, then the 5th july for the next etc etc giving more flexablity

tibilicus
05-29-2005, 20:20
I could probably fit you in now Tomi yes right now.

tibilicus
05-29-2005, 21:24
Just played first battle I was Rome; I lost, lol. good game Tomi shame you couldnt of been kinder in beating me lol. Anyway a good game. Lets hope our next match is as good. P.S next tim you will feel waht its like to get flanked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.
Yours respectivly
Tibilicus :bow: ~:cheers:

Wishazu
05-29-2005, 21:27
i just tried to catch you two in the lobby, i was waiting ages for you to finish your match then you left before i could say anything lol :(

[seminoles]shadow
05-30-2005, 00:02
hey tomi could u make that ezboard esier to find for the other members?

Tomisama
05-30-2005, 03:16
Added link to first post on this thread, if that helps?

[seminoles]shadow
05-30-2005, 15:02
ya thanks

[seminoles]shadow
05-30-2005, 18:35
ohh and craterus i dont have msn but you can contact me at the boards for the hbc http://p067.ezboard.com/fsamuraiclanwars3295frm12.showMessage?topicID=2.topic
my email is flame9040@msn.com

Imorthorn
06-02-2005, 00:32
I left you a message on the competition board Wishazu, put lol it aint workin any more

so how about this friday 3rd of june at 8pm gmt if thats ok with you

RabidGibbon
06-02-2005, 00:42
Hmmm, some hackers taken down ezBoards apparently, so I'll try arrange a fight here instead of in the proper place.

So to make a long story short Voigtkampf - Im pretty much free anytime, so when would you like to fight?

Tomisama
06-02-2005, 02:54
Ezboard took a big hit, and many customer's boards were damaged. Some lost only a few parts of their forums, others lost everything. I have started recreating the HBC forums. So far have the Rules, Battle Assignments, and Match Appointments back up.

:dizzy:

Wishazu
06-02-2005, 21:23
I left you a message on the competition board Wishazu, put lol it aint workin any more

so how about this friday 3rd of june at 8pm gmt if thats ok with you

that should be fine mate, ive got a day off work on saturday so i`ll be up for a major rome session.

Tomisama
06-05-2005, 17:33
Test Your Skill In Our Historical Battles Competition

How good of a General are you really?

Without the advantage of selecting your favorite Faction, picking out own Troops, or hosting your favorite Map.

Facing your peers in a point based Competition, how would you do?

Do you have what it takes?

Want true evaluation of your skill?

Wishazu
06-05-2005, 22:23
hey tomi, tibilicus wants to apologise for missing the match, apparently he was knackered so hes hit the sack.

Tomisama
06-06-2005, 11:35
Thanks Wish :smile:

Yes, he sent me a private message earlier that he might not be able to make it.

I still hung around for a couple of hours, just in case.

While I was hanging out, I did get a chance to learn more about RTR, and got it downloaded and installed. Wow! There are many great mods for Rome, but Realism may just be the best.

I understand you have a ladder set up. Could you give a link directly to that?

And if anyone reading does not know about Rome: Total Realism, check this out:

http://www.rometotalrealism.com/

I would venture to say, although I don’t think it’s finished yet, that RTR is quite possibly the game that you always thought RTW should have been!

Go see for yourself ~:handball:

Lord Preston
06-06-2005, 15:08
off topic but RTR 6 is to be released sometime this month, it is scheduled for mid-june but depends on testing results to if it needs changes before release.

this is more of a hardcore version. i think RTW was made for the masses, nothing wrong with that, it is still a good game. they needed to attract as many people as possible to there game but RTR is deffinitly the game that us "hardcore" Total War players wanted.

tibilicus
06-06-2005, 16:37
Yep as wishazu said im sorry i couldn't make it. would saturday time be good for you? sundays are now a lot more busy than my saterdats.

Wishazu
06-06-2005, 20:14
Nihilist has set up a rtr ladder for rome. i can assure you its much better than rtw, much, much better ~;)

NihilisticCow
06-06-2005, 20:21
Yes, but the ladder isn't really active yet (I haven't told anyone outside the clan).... I suppose there's no reason why we couldn't start on it though... It's located here (http://arena.gamespy.com/ladder/30318)

The reason I was holding off was that I have doubts about the balance between factions as it is designed for single player not multi player, so was thinking of waiting for the next major release and having a proper start at it then.

Wishazu
06-06-2005, 20:57
whatever you think is best mate.

Imorthorn
06-07-2005, 12:31
can we try again for tonight ~:cheers:

tuesday 7th june 7pm gmt

Wishazu
06-07-2005, 12:53
well im online now if your up for it.

Imorthorn
06-07-2005, 14:36
i'am at work lol, shhh dont tell the boss

Wishazu
06-07-2005, 17:09
ok, i might be able to play tomorrow night, i cant do tonite untill about midnight unfortunately :(

Tomisama
06-08-2005, 02:22
Most Honoable Tibilicus,

Will look for your Org pm Saturday morning, and we will try again.

Please remember I am 6 hours behind your time.

:bow:

P.S. Codies, we have received the “all clear” from ezboard.

It should be safe to post on the HBC forums now.

Imorthorn
06-08-2005, 16:19
maybe we should try for the weekend again (friday night 8pm gmt), thats if it is fine with you , oh yeah if i fail to turn up, you can have the win by default,

~:cheers:

Wishazu
06-08-2005, 19:38
sorry mate but id rather play the game :) will you be available this evening?

Imorthorn
06-09-2005, 16:20
right it thurdays i get back form the gym at 7pm, so i could manage 8pm ?

hard work this lol, but i want to :duel: as i kind of like the historical battles

Wishazu
06-09-2005, 17:49
yeah, they are a good laugh, however its my birthday today and im having some mates round, im not sure if i`ll be able to get on to play, i`ll do my best though :)

RabidGibbon
06-09-2005, 18:14
:balloon2: Happy Birthday Wishazu :balloon2:

Voigtkampf, I'm pretty much free whenever until september, which gives us plenty of time to get our match in, so what times suit you?

Wishazu
06-10-2005, 21:18
Cheers RabidGibbon ~:cheers: just out of curiosity, are you in a clan?

tibilicus
06-11-2005, 21:17
Hi Tomi. I went ther at 9 my time as i couldnt play any erlier. I take it you had allready left? A shame as we will now have to organise again. Sorry about the confusion
Tibilicus ~:bow:

Tomisama
06-11-2005, 21:33
Are you available now?

I was waiting for a pm from you ~:eek:

tibilicus
06-11-2005, 21:50
I am lets go go go !

tibilicus
06-11-2005, 22:41
Well played Tomi good game. Sorry i couldnt talk at the end my computer just crashed. I couldnt exit the battle it wouldnt let me ! lol. Any way I forgot to put on scored resolution at start for battle options but I saved the replay and wrote down the results. Once againg good game.

Tomisama
06-11-2005, 23:07
First Scores in for the HBC Battle of Asculum – SPQR vs. Seleucids 279 BC

Tomisama_CoH vs. [LeoHonouris]Tibilicus_CoH

Sunday June 5 2005
Tomisama_CoH as Seleucids - Kills: 995
Tibilicus_CoH as SPQR - Kills: 406
Total Kills 1401

Saturday June 11 2005
Tibilicus_CoH as Seleucids - Kills: 964
Tomisama_CoH as SPQR - Kills: 102
Total Kills 1066

Good Games :charge:

tibilicus
06-11-2005, 23:20
Im confused ~:confused: So first battle you wun then second i wun. And who got overall more kills? Sorry to add to the confusion also i would post defensive stats. Infact i will do for are most resent battle:

Tibilicus_CoH: Men deployed Kills menremaning

976=men deployed 964=kills 886=menremaning

Tomisama_CoH: Men deployed Kills menremaning

1101=men deployed 102=kills 135=menremaning

Could you post the other game like that? That way its easier to understand. Well for me, but hey im just stupid lol.

Once again both good games and hope to play more games with you in the future as your one of the good players out there
Thanks
Tibilicus :bow: ~:cheers:
Keep the Code :bow:

Edit:
p.s are game was not played a week from now lol. I think you have the dates wrong anyway good game once again.

Wishazu
06-12-2005, 01:25
yeah i think the date of the second result in the post is wrong :)

Tomisama
06-12-2005, 08:05
Sorry about the dates (both were wrong). Fixed That!

The first Battle Scores as you requested.

Tomisama_CoH: Men deployed Kills menremaning

976=men deployed 995=kills 612=menremaning

Tibilicus_CoH: Men deployed Kills menremaning

1101=men deployed 406=kills 92=menremaning

The reason I posted in the Kills and Total Kills format is because those are the categories of the Contest.

http://p067.ezboard.com/fsamuraiclanwars3295frm8

VII. The Categories for each HBC Challenge will be, Highest Point Score for each Faction, and Highest Point Score (for each Faction) in the Highest Point Battle.

There are Four High Point Categories.

So far of the 2 Battles turned in:

Tomisama_CoH vs. [LeoHonouris]Tibilicus_CoH

Sunday June 5 2005
Tomisama_CoH as Seleucids - Kills: 995
Tibilicus_CoH as SPQR - Kills: 406
Total Kills 1401

Saturday June 11 2005
Tibilicus_CoH as Seleucids - Kills: 964
Tomisama_CoH as SPQR - Kills: 102
Total Kills 1066

The Highest Point Score for each Faction are both from the first Battle.

Seleucids - Kills: 995 - Tomisama_CoH
SPQR - Kills: 406 - Tibilicus_CoH

And the Highest Point Battle is also the first Battle, with those Highest Point Scores.

Total Kills 1401
Seleucids - Kills: 995 - Tomisama_CoH
SPQR - Kills: 406 - Tibilicus_CoH

Please note that the Categories will not always necessarily be the same between Highest Point Score for each Faction, and Highest Point Score for each Faction in the Highest Point Battle. It just worked out that way this time.

It is quite possible to have a Highest Point Score for either Faction in the Highest Point Battle, that is not the Highest Point Score for that Faction overall.

The Scores for the balance of the Competitors to beat now are:

1. Seleucids - Kills: 995
2. SPQR - Kills: 406
3. Total Kills 1401 with Seleucids - Kills: 995
4. Total Kills 1401 with SPQR - Kills: 406

Until that is done, we are the High Point leaders.

(There was a post on the Ezboard forum that explained the Total Kills thing, but it was lost when Ezboard was hacked :sad:)

You are a very good player Tibilicus, really better than me ~:cheers:
Salute!

Imorthorn
06-13-2005, 10:41
Wishazu, I'am begining to think we may never be online at the same time lol (prob my fault guildwars as taken over my life at the moment)

may i suggest that i give you my msn address so we can sort a time out, if you agree i will pm it to you