PDA

View Full Version : Total war players

Franconicus
05-31-2005, 08:11
I see all this shady creatures hangig around in the Backroom. And I wonder who is playing Total War at all ~:cheers:

Big_John
05-31-2005, 08:12
i still play medieval from time to time..

JAG
05-31-2005, 08:34
I am not currently but played Shogun a lot - more than a year on line - and some M:TW too.

Al Khalifah
05-31-2005, 09:01
I've started playing Shogun again. It's awesome - the limitted number of units make you think so much more about what you're doing than the steamroller approach of Medieval or Rome.

Byzantine Prince
05-31-2005, 09:06
I'm still exploring the many mods of Medieval. Like many I started out with Shogun though, and then really got interested with the arival of Medieval.

I love TW, they help me work out. For every round i do a gymnastic activity of my chosing. The hours fly and I develop some real muscle.

Quid
05-31-2005, 09:07
I haven't played TW for a while now. Am just waiting for the expansion to come out and then start over.

Shoudn't this thread be in the EH or FR since violent discussions are unlikely to happen here...?

Quid

Franconicus
05-31-2005, 09:50
I put it here because I want to reach the backroom people ~:) . Do all discussions have to be violent here. IF so - should not be a problem ~D

bmolsson
05-31-2005, 10:29
Playing TW Rome, but it is getting a bit to easy. Started to look at the mods.....

Tribesman
05-31-2005, 10:49
Still playing VI and Rome (only on my third campaign so far)It takes me weeks to finish each campaign .
Maybe its just me being slow , as my current attempt at my favourite game (PatricianIII) has taken nearly a year so far .

doc_bean
05-31-2005, 10:50
exams,

TW take up too much time !

Fragony
05-31-2005, 11:00
Still play medieval from time to time, could never really get into Rome. Once in a while I see some medieval movie read something about it, and then I have to play a campaign, and fall deeply in love with the game once again.

Beirut
05-31-2005, 11:29
Yep. Love it. Didn't play for a while but about two weeks ago I got back into it and now my English Billmen and Welsh archers are terrorizing the known world. I'm finally learning the little nuances of campaigning. Good fun.

I do cheat though. I start off with five times the normal cash and use the one-year build cheat. I want a war sim, not a "wait 20 years for farmland to be built so you can wait another twenty years for a castle to be built" sim. I want what the title says - Medieval Total War. :knight:

Nothing in the world like making an alliance with France, only to stab them in their collective back with their own baguettes and tear through France like Sherman through Georgia.

tibilicus
05-31-2005, 11:30
Still playing RTw about once or twice a week dont really play MTW much anymore though. But hey i still play !

Gawain of Orkeny
05-31-2005, 13:28
I still play VI mp every night.

UglyandHasty
05-31-2005, 13:30
Still play VI online, re-install RTW last week....

:help:

Kanamori
05-31-2005, 16:30
How many people are on VI lately...I gave up trying to find a decent game online when rome came out :embarassed:

AggonyKing
05-31-2005, 16:33
I started playing Shogun again, after MTW was taken over by RTW by mistake. It was weird, maybe because I installed it in the same folder both of them.

Duke Malcolm
05-31-2005, 16:34
I often play the Napoleonic mod for MTW, and do some modding for RTW. I am currently on my 10th campaign as the British on the mod for MTW, on the Reconquista taking Spain...

Gawain of Orkeny
05-31-2005, 17:22
How many people are on VI lately...I gave up trying to find a decent game online when rome came out

Yesterday there was 70 peeps on at the height of the action. On weekends you can still find 100 or more. Many old players have been returning. I even saw Panzer on yesterday wearing his old SPQR armor.Of course Toga and Ichi were there also. Their regulars like me. ~:) Dont dissmiss VI just yet. Its still the finest wargame in the world.

LittleGrizzly
05-31-2005, 18:23
still check into vi online occasionly, recently been doing an expert campaign with Imagawa in stw as well...

PanzerJaeger
05-31-2005, 18:39
I play VI MP when I know someone who can host. Nothing makes me more angry than sitting in there waiting for a host!

Even with all the old difficulties, especially the login, VI is the best game ever for MP. Rome doesnt touch it.

Laridus Konivaich
05-31-2005, 19:35
Nope, I don't play any tw games anymore. I do actively mod Rome, though. I just have scant time, with finals and writing my compiler and modding.

ah_dut
05-31-2005, 20:02
I play MTW:VI single player about an hour a week...I don't have enough time to do what I used to...

Kagemusha
05-31-2005, 20:13
I mainly play STW and RTW,not so much MTW Anymore.

Kanamori
05-31-2005, 22:09
"Even with all the old difficulties, especially the login, VI is the best game ever for MP."

A lot of Wolves and .NET peeps made the move over to WoW (personally, I think it is more intensive than VI was, but there is something in the duality of complexity and simplicity of VI that still calls to me; one last day of homework, and then I think I'll hit back to VI).

A.Saturnus
05-31-2005, 22:23
I would play Rome if I could.

Ronin
05-31-2005, 22:30
i havenĀ“t played since Shogun.......

but i liked the forums a lot so i keep hanging around.... :bow:

Mikeus Caesar
05-31-2005, 22:33
I play MTW/RTW every few weeks, so i don't really play it. I prefer to lurk about in the Colosseum, helping newbs, or in the Frontroom, playing the 'Beat the Person Above You Game'.

Evil_Maniac From Mars
05-31-2005, 23:56
Play it whenever I'm not here or somewhere else.

At your service, Evil_Maniac From Mars, the crazy Total War player who makes little sense.

Steppe Merc
06-01-2005, 01:58
I play Rome to test for our EB mod... No longer play vanilla.

Beirut
06-01-2005, 02:37
I would play Rome if I could.

Why can't you?

Uesugi Kenshin
06-01-2005, 03:44
I just stopped playing RTR to talk to you people, so yes.

Devastatin Dave
06-01-2005, 05:15
STW and MTW rule... RTW is collecting dust in my closet as I type this...

Crazed Rabbit
06-01-2005, 06:40
I got RTW for Christmas, played it a bunch for two weeks, then slowed down somewhat and returned to BKB's mod and the new Shogun mod for MTW.

Now, however, I'm very much getting back into RTW, and suspect I will only play more as the weeks progress now that I've been accepted on the EB clsoed beta team.

Crazed Rabbit

Ldvs
06-01-2005, 07:58
I don't play it any longer and not because of the backroom ~D

Ja'chyra
06-01-2005, 08:17
Just started playing RTW again last week, had defected to EQ2 for a while but got fed up with it. I need to get back to VI MP, I used to play it every night but I haven't since RTW came out, probably no-one remembers me now :(

Spetulhu
06-01-2005, 08:54
Gah! I just spent nine hours playing the Rome:Total Realism mod as Pontus. Yes, I'm going to conquer the known world. ~D

Medieval is installed on my machine too, I think I spent some time with it last month. Shogun is on loan to a friend right now.

ichi
06-01-2005, 15:37
Currently I've got a STW for VI mod campaign going as the Ashikaga, its been fairly difficult and its going slow, but I play a few years each night if I can. It helps me relax.

The VI lobby has seen a great assortment of vets, some regulars and others intermittently dropping by, along with a few new names. Currently the Hunters and Bears appear to be the most active VI clans. One thing that I noticed was there is currently better diversity in florin levels and army selections; my theory is that the folks who are playing are all interested in the game as much they they are hoping for victory. If you followed the For all veterans of STW and MTW if you wander here thread in the Rome forum where Orda Khan and Puzz and Vorcid and others have been discussing the games (like unit stat tables leading to CMAA/Cav/Pav standard armies), then you'll know why I mention that the people currently playing seem content to experiment and just play.

After Rome there was a period where MTW enjoyed a little revitalisation, and there may be another one of these going on now.

ichi :bow:

Blodrast
06-01-2005, 21:13
trying to get enough spare time to get back to MTW/VI. Tried rtw, got bored and upset with it, will never play it again. But I sure wanna go back to my assassins, and spies, and horse archers, and pathetic drooling heirs, and...

t1master
06-02-2005, 18:28
i traded rome for w0w..

i pop onto vi every few weeks but miss my old pals, checkmate, bachus, hammie and buntaro, lahll and kafir... those guys knew how to keep the uglygoat in line, and keep his behind from getting chewed off before the pav war was over. ;)

Mount Suribachi
06-02-2005, 19:15
Playing Napoleonic TW atm. Looking to start playing some MP with it in a few weeks :charge: