PDA

View Full Version : Clint Eastwood truns 75!

Kurando
05-31-2005, 20:22
I thought it was worth a mention. -It's hard to believe, but the old gun fighter turned 75 today.

Clint Eastwood is quite a legend + what do you guys remember about him? Any thoughts? Favorite films of his, etc?

Nelson
05-31-2005, 21:10
Clint is one of my all time favorites. I was watching Rowdy Yates and the spaghetti westerns when I was a kid. And of course, who could forget Harry Calahan.

Bridges of Madison County was excellent despite the lack of firearms. :wink: The simple fact is that Eastwood has done great work throughout his career right up to the present.

sharrukin
05-31-2005, 21:48
Didn't like 'Every Which Way but Loose', 'Any Which Way You Can', or 'Pink Cadillac'.

All the others he has done were superb! Unforgiven and The Outlaw Josey Wales are my favourite along with A Perfect World.

PanzerJaeger
05-31-2005, 21:58
The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly is my all time favorite movie.

Ronin
05-31-2005, 22:01
one of my all time top 5 favourites!......who can forget those childhood memories?

watching those spaghetty westerns is allways gonna make you have a great time....., the outlaw josey wales, the dirty harry movies, escape from alcatraz, heartbreak ridge(even if it is a "smaller" film i allways found is caracter great),unforgiven, in the line of fire, kelly´s heroes......the list goes on and on.

Happy birthday...and may he be around for a lot more.....

*note to self*...run along to his webpage forum and post a birthday message :charge:

EDIT: how the hell did i forget "kelly´s heroes"???....ohhh the shame....the shame! :help:

Kanamori
05-31-2005, 22:17
For a Few Dollars More (I know, a rip off of Yojimbo, but I like it w/ guns more) is tied with The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly . Dirty Harry is awesome, too.

Gregoshi
05-31-2005, 22:21
Did he blow out 75 candles? Or only 74? In all the excitement he's probably forgotten ... ~D

Beirut
05-31-2005, 22:22
Kelly's Heroes ~:cheers:

Gotta love Clint Eastwood. What would the Earth be without spaghetti westerns.

Papewaio
05-31-2005, 23:49
What would the Earth be like without John Ford's movies who then influenced Akira Kurosawa which then influenced the spaghetti westerns and Star Wars?

ichi
06-01-2005, 00:40
Don't forget to vote in the
Well, do ya punk?! (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=47003) poll

Some of Clint's movies were very bad, but I love to watch them all

ichi :bow:

Kurando
06-01-2005, 01:24
Did he blow out 75 candles? Or only 74? In all the excitement he's probably forgotten ... ~D

Lol, good one G

That's a tricky "best Clint Eastwood poll" you got going there Ichi there is sometimes a difference between "favorite" and "best". For example my favorite Eastwood movie is White Hunter Black Heart (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100928/) but it is by no means the best per se.

Yeah boys, I remember watching "The good, the bad, and the ugly" with my late brother every time it came on tv + he loved that movie. I definitely have some good Eastwood memories. I really get a kick out of Kelly's Heros too, but I hear Eastwood didn't care for this film much himself.

Anyhoo, thanks for responding guys. I'm glad we could all share in celebrating Clint's career; he's obviously brought us .org types many fond memories + Happy 75th to him!

Spetulhu
06-01-2005, 05:23
Happy 75th to him!

~:cheers:

Beirut
06-01-2005, 11:07
What would the Earth be like without John Ford's movies who then influenced Akira Kurosawa which then influenced the spaghetti westerns and Star Wars?

This is a Clint Eastwood thread. You have little to no right to pull out the intellectual hardware of historically artistic observations and beat me with them.

Keep your foie gas away from my pretzels or I'll pour beer in your Pouilly Fuime. ~;p

Papewaio
06-02-2005, 00:14
Hey you live in the Frenchified country...

I wave my grass-feed hormone-free medium-rare steak and Boag's beer in your general direction while commentating on your distasteful penchant of smelling like elderberries and creme brule

Beirut
06-02-2005, 00:23
Hey you live in the Frenchified country...

I wave my grass-feed hormone-free medium-rare steak and Boag's beer in your general direction while commentating on your distasteful penchant of smelling like elderberries and creme brule

:beadyeyes2: I swear to God, one more word out of you and I will cherchez la vache so fast it will make your head spin!

Papewaio
06-02-2005, 00:29
~D I had visions of Monty Pythons Holy grail at the castle panning right seeing an Aussie and Canadian peasants mocking the French Knights in the castle and the English ones afoot :charge: