PDA

View Full Version : I know this belongs in editing but no one reads that (unused gun impac

smeegol
05-02-2001, 02:27
aight my lost post/topic was asking how to do it? well i got bored and had some time on my hands.. and i ended up figuring it out!!!
my jaw almost dropped when i heard them during a test with 2000 muskets againts 2000 ashrigu. it sounds like the opening scene of saving private ryan (no bs) aight well enough praising the sounds heres what you do:

go into:

Program Files\Total War\Shogun - Total War\Sounds\Battle

copy table.cfg and paste it into a new folder (as a back up)

open table.cfg with nopepad or wordpad

you will see ;******ORDERS****** and than a bunch of text

scroll down till you see ;******SHOOTING****** (this is what we will edit)

scroll through this section carefully so you can find the correct heading which is:
Event MISSILE_HITS_CALVALRY and than after that there are numbers after things like probabilty mind Dust.. etc..

highlight that paragraph of text and delete it. Copy this:

Event MISSILE_HITS_CAVALRY probability .50 minDist 4 minPitch .8 maxPitch 1.2
folder sounds\battle\troops
horse_arrow07 vol .75
horse_arrow10 vol .75
horse_arrow11 vol .75
armour02 vol .75
armour10 vol .75
armour11 vol .75
sml_musk_impacts1 .75
sml_musk_impacts2 .75

and paste it in its place.

Now the one below it called:
Event MISSILE_HITS_ARMOURED_INFANTRY (with the probabilty and that stuff after it)

high light and delete that paragraph of text. copy and paste this in its place:

Event MISSILE_HITS_ARMOURED_INFANTRY probability .50 minDist 4 minPitch .8 maxPitch 1.2
sml_musk_impacts1 vol .75
sml_musk_impacts2 vol .75
sml_musk_impacts3 vol .75

(just 2 more to go) now scroll down to the one below that called: Event MISSILE_HITS_UNARMOURED_INFANTRY (etc.)
delete that paragraph and copy and paste this in its place:

Event MISSILE_HITS_UNARMOURED_INFANTRY probability .50 minDist 4 minPitch .8 maxPitch 1.2
sml_musk_impacts1
sml_musk_impacts2
flesh11

(last one) Now scroll down to the one below that called: Event MISSILE_DEATH_BLOW (etc.)
highlight and delete that paragraph and copy and paste this in its place:

Event MISSILE_DEATH_BLOW minDist 4 minPitch 0.9 maxPitch 1.2
sml_musk_impacts1
sml_musk_impacts2
sml_musk_impacts3

Well, if you did all that right your all set . If you can follow what I was doing than you can customize it to how you like it. If you don't understand I'll try to explain it to you if you email me at Lmhockey10@hotmail.com

Happy gaming

Oh yea one more thing. All I did is REPLACE the old impact sounds (which sucked) with those awesome musket impact sounds which weren't used in the game. It will make archer, musket, and arquebuisers (spelling?) all have the impact sound when the bullts/arrows hit their target.

To really add more sound for missile units, find the post the tells you how to add the whisling sounds as the arrows go through the air. Sounds unbelievable with the impacts/arrow whizzing sounds combined. (I wouldn't have been able to do this without his referrence so THANKYOU)

Good luck any problems post them in this thread (ALONG WITH COMMENTS )

Shiro
05-02-2001, 04:52
Sorry but you were right. This belongs in editing and yes people will read it there. Check this thread out here (http://www.totalwar.org/cgi-bin/ubb/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=5&SUBMIT=Go).

lei
05-02-2001, 05:16
i read it and MAN am i impressed
good work mod makers

------------------
TIGER LILY!!!
check it out for yourself at: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tom.surman/frames.html

High Voltage
05-02-2001, 05:16
Thanks! I was planning on putting the sounds in too but haven't had time to mess with it. I agree that the musk-impacts are the coolest sounds, and can't wait to try them out!

Shiro
05-02-2001, 05:49
See, smeegol, plenty of people will read your post here. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Shiro (edited 05-01-2001).]

smeegol
05-02-2001, 07:41
hehe http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif i ain't a mod maker i was just experimenting http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif i think i can used to this editing stuff though its fun as hell

i just made a new sound affect for a large charge. I combined the large fight sound with the large charge sound so it sounds like they are yelling and charging at the same time (AWESOME) it is truely unbelievable to hear an entire army screaming and stomping over the terrain straight at you in the distance!!!! i'm gonna make a post and put up a download link (if i can figure out how) for the new sound affect and i'll post instructions with it too

VERY simple to do dont have to be good with computers... at all

smeegol
05-02-2001, 07:45
i've changed what i orignally posted to make it sound better

i found that there was one impact sound that came up to frequently and it didn't sound good (you couldn''t hear the bullet qhizzes and the cooler of the impacts as much)

all i did to change it was i put probability settings to 5 or .5 (i forget. if there is a '.' before the number for probabilty it is .5, ir not its just 5)

and i took away sml_musket_impacts1 away from all of them and put the proper sound affect in its place. it makes it sound a lot better

smeegol
05-02-2001, 07:47
oh yea one more thing... in the place of the sml_musk_impacts1 make sure there is a sml_musk_impacts3

Alastair
05-02-2001, 11:46
IMHO, these sounded like tiny beans hitting a tin can from two feet in the air.

smeegol
05-03-2001, 02:54
i just tried adding the lrg_musk_impacts2 (and 3). sounds better