PDA

View Full Version : Catilinarium

Catiline
05-04-2001, 04:18
I just uploaded my first map to the org. God knows why I spent all afternoon playing with the editor for when my finals start the week after next, but whta the hell. I don't know what the turn around time is from uploading to it bneing put on the site, but once it's there any feed back would be most appreciated. the texturing is a bit limited, but I didn't see the thing about ponds helping wysiwyg until some time into this afternoons efforts.

Cheers

Cat

------------------
It's not a bug, it's a feature

Kraellin
05-04-2001, 11:22
ponds helping wysiwyg? i dont follow. plz explain.

umm, if you used the auto-upload feature on the org, i think it's broken right now...or was a few days ago. perhaps they fixed it? if you sent it to tosainu then that's the best way to get them put up when the upload thing is broken. but of course, you also have to pay me a royalty and tosa a processing fee http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/wink.gif j/k

K.

[This message has been edited by Kraellin (edited 05-04-2001).]

Tone
05-04-2001, 12:45
Get back to your revision http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Tone (edited 05-04-2001).]

Dunhill
05-04-2001, 12:49
Can't wait to see it, is there a section for downloads of maps that aren't in the two map packs?

Catiline
05-04-2001, 16:31
Kraeliin, with regard to ponds and wysiwyg this is lifted direct from Tosa's map FAQ v.3.

"It can be made more wysiwyg by lowering 1 tile below sea level, change its texture and saving the map. After restarting the game you will see the effect. After you are done you need to remove the water as it will bug the map. Thanks to Kraellin for this tip."

Perhaps I should have said lowering below sea level, but it makes a pond so I said that. It's your tip http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif, though i only lowered one point rather than a whole tile below sea level and din't bother with the texture changning bit, seemed to work

------------------
It's not a bug, it's a feature

[This message has been edited by Catiline (edited 05-04-2001).]

Kraellin
05-04-2001, 21:58
ah, ok.

yes, that was my tip. one of those things i found the hard way a while back. it's not completely wysiwyg but it does help a bit when altering or rotating textures. it seems to work best when the textures are already in the same general 'group' of numbers, like 5, 6, 7, 8...trees.

generally, any more, i will go through a map and set all the textures on a map to their various groupings before even using the 'pond', then dig the pond near a corner, save, and 'replay' the thing again, and then go through and tweak the various textures more closely. this is when the trick seems to work the best.

you could also take a look at my thread in this forum called 'demo editor (not rob's editor)' for other tips and tricks. it's not arranged into a single file like tosa's but scattered hither and yon as i've discovered various features. and it's still being updated as i find new things. lots of shortcuts in there.

glad to see someone else has joined our ranks though. and am looking forward to seeing your work.

K.

making maps for shogun is like growing a japanese garden...it soothes the spirit :)

Catiline
05-05-2001, 02:08
oops

[This message has been edited by Catiline (edited 05-04-2001).]