PDA

View Full Version : Evil Attack on Embassy.

Papewaio
06-01-2005, 23:50
Death delivered in a poison letter - News.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,15482171-2,00.html)

WHEN the Indonesian Ambassador's secretary opened a letter addressed to her boss yesterday, a potentially deadly powder spilled to the floor.

The letter had arrived on her desk shortly after 10.30am, addressed by name to Indonesian Ambassador Imron Cotan.
The secretary immediately called the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade to raise the alarm, and the four-storey compound in Yarralumla was soon sealed off with the 50 staff inside.

It is not clear if the secretary inhaled any of the substance.

Advertisement:
Fire, ambulance and police officers were placed on a hazardous materials alert.

Experts in isolation suits took samples, which were sent for analysis.

Inside the embassy, staff were told to keep calm.

Shortly afterwards, the Minister for Foreign Affairs Alexander Downer told Parliament tests had proved positive for a "biological agent".

"Further analysis of the powder has tested positive as a biological agent so further testing will need to be carried out to find out what that substance actually is," he said.

Hours later, Prime Minister John Howard said it was an act of "murderous criminality".

Crap, what a stupid nasty low life thing to do.

doc_bean
06-01-2005, 23:53
I wonder who's behind it, some p****d of Australian seems pretty likely to me...

Templar Knight
06-01-2005, 23:58
twisted

Papewaio
06-01-2005, 23:59
Some low life scum bag Australian or a French Secret Agent trying to stir things up between Australia and Indonesia so they can sell more weapons...

~:handball: ~:eek:

Productivity
06-02-2005, 03:17
An embassy is Indonesia's sovereign territory right? Does this mean we can send the amoebas who did this to get charged under Indonesian justice once we have finished dealing with them?

bmolsson
06-02-2005, 11:20
Travel warnings are issued for Indonesian citizens going to Australia. There are serious concerns over the rising terrorism in Australia......

Efrem
06-02-2005, 11:41
I really feel neutral to this.

Its a bad sign but I firmly agree with the sentiments behind the action.

If someone had actually been injured in slightest my opinion would be waaaay different to what it is now.

ShadesPanther
06-02-2005, 13:31
The secretary could of inhaled it which could be fatal.

That is such a horrible thing to do and the main reason would be the girl jailed for 20 years because of carrying drugs.

And yes an Embassy is counted as land of the country it represents. So they probably could do that.

Productivity
06-02-2005, 14:50
If someone had actually been injured in slightest my opinion would be waaaay different to what it is now.

So if someone tried to shoot you but missed you're ok with that?

Evil_Maniac From Mars
06-02-2005, 21:28
In respone to DGB , once the threat had been neutralized, I wouldn't mind.

At your service, Evil_Maniac From Mars, the semi-logical thinker

Tribesman
06-02-2005, 23:16
Death delivered in a poison letter
It turns out the death in the poison letter may not actually be dangerous at all .
link (http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-5048572,00.html)