PDA

View Full Version : Liberal: Better World Thread

Al Khalifah
06-04-2005, 03:20
The purpose of this thread is to give us all a place to come together, as a community, in accordance to all our own relgions and practices, without discriminating against anyone and politely discuss how we feel the global community could be influenced, by delicate persuasion, so that all of mother/father nature's children can share with and understand one another better.
I hope that all conversatives feel welcome to observe our opinions here, as long as they do not make politically incorrect or offensive remarks. Otherwise we will have to put them under a trial probationary period of posting where we will carefully review all their posts - subject to their right of appeal, where if found guilty they may require a first verbal warning.

My first item for group discussion would be a 100% tax rate. I believe that letting people spend their own money is a tool of capitalism that keeps poor people poor and the rich wealthy. The rich have gotten where they are through unfair advantages and it is only right that they repay society by sharing all their material possessions - obviously whilst still working the same hours and jobs.

King Arthur
06-04-2005, 03:28
[B]The purpose of this thread is to give us all a place to come together, as a community, in accordance to all our own relgions and practices, without discriminating against anyone and politely discuss how we feel the global community could be influenced, by delicate persuasion, so that all of mother/father nature's children can share with and understand one another better.
My first item for group discussion would be a 100% tax rate. I believe that letting people spend their own money is a tool of capitalism that keeps poor people poor and the rich wealthy. The rich have gotten where they are through unfair advantages and it is only right that they repay society by sharing all their material possessions - obviously whilst still working the same hours and jobs.

Nice thread idea Al'

however your liberal 100% tax rate would not work.
people need something to aspire to.
this takes away that aspect to our futures
and would not work in real life

Uesugi Kenshin
06-04-2005, 03:36
People do need something to aspire to and 100% taxes would cause governmental collapse and a ton of pork-barrel spending.

Higher taxes on the rich could help balance out the gap as could the closing of corporate loop-holes, but people still need to be able to aspire to "the good life." However, frivolous spending on things like Hummers and other polluting and useless status symbols should be limited/eradicated. Hummers pollute heavily and guzzle gasoline, this is not nullified by the fact that the people that own them could buy the town I live in ten times over.

Productivity
06-04-2005, 05:10
I suppose I am banned from this for being an economics student ~;)

So where is the socially progressive thread?

Beirut
06-04-2005, 11:03
This is the Frontroom les boys. This is a place for Floyd, food, foxes, and fun.

:sombrero: Los politicas iz for de Backroom I tink.

LordMonarch
06-04-2005, 11:32
Hmmm. I havn't been here in a while.

www.newint.org

Al Khalifah
06-04-2005, 13:35
If you missed the point of this thread, look at this one:
Conservative: Better World Thread (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=48731)