PDA

View Full Version : Strategy Mapper Needed

Uesugi Kenshin
06-04-2005, 17:45
I am startting a new thread for this because EastsideCharacter has not replied to any of my pm's or given any information on how far he has gotten on making the strategy map. If any of our current team members or anybody else would like this job please post here.

Saranalos
06-05-2005, 00:37
I would, but all attempts I have made have ended in failure...

GodsPetMonkey
06-05-2005, 01:27
Did anyone recieve a copy of the one Silver had made? Although he said it didnt work, it probably just needed some more files edited.... atleast it would be a starting point.

Uesugi Kenshin
06-05-2005, 01:46
I have also tried e-mailing and pming SR but he never responded....

So we need someone to do it...

Ignoramus
06-05-2005, 06:41
I will ask at RTW Heavengames.

Uesugi Kenshin
06-05-2005, 07:33
Ok, thanks. I wish Eastside had at least told us he was not gonna do it...

Saranalos
06-07-2005, 23:07
Not asked yet Ignoramus? I'll do it then... :p

Narayanese
06-27-2005, 22:11
I found some maps of scandinatia showing where there were fortifications - and which were the largest towns - in the early 15th century.

Suggestion for kalmar union provinces
Schleswig - Flensburg
Jutland - Aalborg*
Zealand - Copenhagen*
Gotland - Visby**
Scania - Malmö
Finland - Åbo*
Western Karelia - Viborg*
Sweden - Stockholm** (6000 inhabitants)
Ostrogothia - Kalmar* (3000 inhabitants)
Westrogothia - Skara
Eastern Norway - Oslo
Western Norway - Bergen*
Lapland - Trondheim (this province is all the near uninhabitable northern half of the union, trondheim is the only sizable settlement there)

* had some fortification
** had city wall

The biggest cities were stockholm, copenhagen, flensborg, visby, kalmar, bergen and åbo.

There are lots more medium sized towns in denmark and around lake mälaren if you want to represent that these areas are more densely populated than the rest.

Saranalos are you the strategy mapper?

Edit:
Approximate borders and city placement (some borders are a bit of guesswork I'm afraid), pink is province borders, yellow is settlements.
https://img212.imageshack.us/img212/8287/kartanorden9te.th.jpg (https://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kartanorden9te.jpg)

Uesugi Kenshin
06-28-2005, 03:30
Thanks for the info Narayanese!

I think Saranalos has been figuring out 3DMaxS, and expressed interest in working on the map, but I am not sure he committed to it.

Saranalos
06-28-2005, 17:51
Well, you don't use 3ds MAX to create the map, you use an image editor, and edit some text files I think. I tried but I failed.

Uesugi Kenshin
06-28-2005, 21:24
I was pretty sure that 3DMAX was not needed, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to mention. Maybe if you contacted Duke John you could figure out how to get a map in-game. I know he has done it...

Saranalos
06-30-2005, 00:19
I read the tutorials, but I still failed... :dizzy2:

I might not be around too much at the moment, because my internet is behaving erratically, and a lot of the time it dosen't bother to connect, it says my password is incorrect after using it countless times, and continuing to use it when it feels like it... ~:confused:

Uesugi Kenshin
06-30-2005, 01:09
Ok, thanks for letting us know. If I stop showing up it may be because of my internet as well. I should be able to tell you on Saturday or Sunday when I go into work though. At the moment it ius giving me trouble, but it is probably just this storm we are having, so I should be on as usual.

Silver Rusher
07-20-2005, 18:49
Well I'm back now, so if you haven't already found someone I would be very pleased to resume work on the campaign map. There's a bug in the old map that causes a CTD, and I can't fix it, so I'm going to have to start afresh.

Uesugi Kenshin
07-20-2005, 19:45
Ok, our old one wasn't responding so that is great!