PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me what, besides bugfixes, will be in the next patch?

Lord Aeon
06-03-2001, 03:09
I mean, will the new units be in the patch? Mongol units? new functionalities for units (e.g. bribing by emissaries)? Most importantly, will i be able to use these in the single player campaign?
Thanks,
Aeon

------------------
"You have offended my family, and you have offended a Shaolin temple."

Shiro
06-03-2001, 10:41
Sent from GD.

[This message has been edited by Shiro (edited 06-03-2001).]

BanzaiZAP
06-05-2001, 03:58
If you're talking about patch 1.13, then I don't think there will be much besides the bug fixes. The whole point of the Mongol Invasion Expansion Pack is to buy the new units, dojos, etc. etc.

They may include some of the gameplay changes, like the new Multiplayer modes, or possibly the new Campaigns, but they would certainly not give away the new Mongol units. I don't know if we have gotten an Official List of what will be in just the patch. Erado-san may know, if anyone.

Taking that last question separately, you will be able to play the single player in either Mongol mode OR Sengoku Jidai mode (provided you have the Exp Pck), so you are either playing with the expansion-era uits, or else you play with the original units, so there probably will not be any overlap.

-- B)

[This message has been edited by BanzaiZAP (edited 06-04-2001).]

Lord Aeon
06-05-2001, 08:02
Hey, thanks for the info...
I was hoping that the patch would include lots of cool new stuff, but i think i knew better. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
"You have offended my family, and you have offended a Shaolin temple."

Hawkeye
07-16-2001, 09:49
If I just get the 1.13 patch does that mean I will not need any previous patches? Or will I need to successively install each patch?

Japan, a country of extremes.

Kraellin
07-17-2001, 09:15
i believe you will only need the 1.13 patch. but i've not seen anything official on this that i can remember.

we really dont know everything that's in the new patch. the main focus seems to be on making it possible to play against those who dont have the expack or to play a regular game of shogun if you do have the expack or if you dont have the expack to be able to play a normal game with those that do, or, if you dont have the expack, to be able to play against those that do in the expack, but you wont get any expack units. ...ok, now i'm confused.

anyone really know all the possibilities with the patch?

K.

NinjaKilla
07-17-2001, 21:09
I don't know much about it, but surely the patch 1.13 would be included in the Xpack? Then people who don't buy the Xpack, can download it.