PDA

View Full Version : Going on Vacation

Redleg
06-08-2005, 00:06
Thursday in the wee hours of the morning I start my vacation to my favorite part of the United States. Up to Wyoming to partake in the wonderful natural sites of Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. Days of hiking, fishing, and camping in the great outdoors - breathing fresh air - except for the days that I will be watching the geysers go off - then its got a little sulfer smell in the air.

One of the hikes will be back into the eastern part of the park to see the wonderful gift that was sent by Canada - the growing Grey Wolf pack. We probably will not see them - but there is always a little hope.

Templar Knight
06-08-2005, 00:07
sounds fun, have a good time ~:)

Steppe Merc
06-08-2005, 00:36
Have fun. I would like to go and see Yellowstone before I die. From what I've heard, it's a beatiful place, with a lot of wonderful animals...

kiwitt
06-08-2005, 01:20
Enjoy your break. That is the US we all should see more regularly.

Pindar
06-08-2005, 01:38
The Western part of Wyoming is very nice. Last time I was in Yellowstone a couple years ago I saw a big old Grizzly. The bugger was massive. At first I thought it was a moose moving across the river.

Redleg
06-08-2005, 01:40
Have fun. I would like to go and see Yellowstone before I die. From what I've heard, it's a beatiful place, with a lot of wonderful animals...

Take the time when you get a chance - its a wonderful part of the country. I try to get up in that part of the nation every two or three years. I am thinking about taking the next vacation into Southern Colorado and Utah hiking and camping to explore several old ancient indian sites - Like Mesa Verde.

Redleg
06-08-2005, 01:44
The Eastern part of Wyoming is very nice. Last time I was in Yellowstone a couple years ago I saw a big old Grizzly. The bugger was massive. At first I thought it was a moose moving across the river.

I hope you mean the Western part - the eastern part of the state is upland plains - which is nice - but the Teton Range is one of the most maginfent part of all of Wyoming.

The first time I was in that area back in 1977. We saw a moose destroy a VW bug - because the young female diver honked at animal because he was chewing his dinner in the middle of the road.

Pindar
06-08-2005, 01:47
I hope you mean the Western part - the eastern part of the state is upland plains - which is nice - but the Teton Range is one of the most maginfent part of all of Wyoming.

I changed it. Eastern Wyoming is ugly.

Big_John
06-08-2005, 01:53
redleg, don't forget to pimp your own state.. while they are no yellowstone, the guadalupe mountains and big bend national parks are pretty cool. and have fun in wyoming. :thumbsup:

ichi
06-08-2005, 02:04
I love the Tetons, been on top of the Grand four times. One of my favorite places.

Have fun Redleg , enjoy your time

ichi :bow:

Productivity
06-08-2005, 02:49
Enjoy it.

JAG
06-08-2005, 03:00
Have fun Redleg.

I am sure your right thinking friends will survive without you. ~;)

Laridus Konivaich
06-08-2005, 03:06
Have fun! I liked Yellowstone when I was there. didn't see any moose or grizzlies or wolves though, but many bison. Hillarious part was when the whole herd crossed the road right in front of my car. Those are rather large animals, so I didn't move for a while... :winkg:

Redleg
06-08-2005, 03:16
Have fun Redleg.

I am sure your right thinking friends will survive without you. ~;)

I am more worried about how my shift is going to do while I am gone then I am about that.

And I am not worried about that at all. ~:cheers:

vacation is just that - vacation. No worries about politics, work, or anything outside of my own family.

But I got 24 hours to voice the right opinion. :charge:

bmolsson
06-08-2005, 03:53
You can be calm and take your vacation. The invasion of Syria will not happen before you are back.... ~;)

Kanamori
06-08-2005, 06:09
Thursday in the wee hours of the morning I start my vacation to my favorite part of the United States. Up to Wyoming to partake in the wonderful natural sites of Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons.

While you're, sort of, in the area, I would reccomend Glacier, tied w/ Acadia as my favorite National Park -- Yellowstone is too touristy for my tastes, but Grand Tetons is a beautiful park.

I am thinking about taking the next vacation into Southern Colorado and Utah hiking and camping to explore several old ancient indian sites - Like Mesa Verde.

Mesa Verde is a really pretty place too.

My family hasn't been going on as many vacations as we used to, and we're only making it out east to Connecticut and Jersey this year :embarassed:

Redleg
06-08-2005, 12:44
While you're, sort of, in the area, I would reccomend Glacier, tied w/ Acadia as my favorite National Park -- Yellowstone is too touristy for my tastes, but Grand Tetons is a beautiful park.

Been to both - very nice parks. One of the main reasons we go into Yellowstone is to try to see the wolf pack. And its also why I go early. This is the lastest I have ever gone into Yellowstone, normally I go in Late May-first of June. Because of the tourist crowds.

Mesa Verde is a really pretty place too.

My family hasn't been going on as many vacations as we used to, and we're only making it out east to Connecticut and Jersey this year :embarassed:

Zion's Park is nice if you like desert and landscape that has been shaped by the environment.

Ser Clegane
06-08-2005, 13:19
Have a great trip, Redleg and post some nice pics if you can.

Yellowstone is still on my "to-see"-list for the US (come to think of it - it's been actually quite some time since I've been in the US for private traveling... )

Redleg
06-18-2005, 18:35
Have a great trip, Redleg and post some nice pics if you can.

Yellowstone is still on my "to-see"-list for the US (come to think of it - it's been actually quite some time since I've been in the US for private traveling... )

Waiting for the pictures to be developed.

Proletariat
06-18-2005, 18:45
Welcome back!

PanzerJaeger
06-18-2005, 18:51
Yea was it fun?

Ser Clegane
06-18-2005, 20:20
Waiting for the pictures to be developed.

Good - looking forward to it ~:)

Welcome back - there is a beer with your name on it waiting at the bar ~:cheers:

Fragony
06-18-2005, 20:28
Hope you had a good time! Thinking of doing a USA trip myselve, got some time to spare in 2 months, I definatily want to see New Orleans, home of jazz ~:cheers:

JAG
06-18-2005, 22:30
I hope you had a good time and are feeling refreshed and ready for this place again! ~D