PDA

View Full Version : to the last bunker

The Stranger
06-08-2005, 21:38
Somewhere near Saint Mere Eglise, France D-Day 1944

it was a jump straight to the deepest pools of hell. I'm scared to death but there's no turning back now. The jumpmaster said jump, and i jumped. Those damn 88's, why dont they stop firing. is this the damn surprise the generals promised us. this is hell. what the fuck was that. infront of me there was a big explosion. instantly it went through my mind: 20 brave soldiers died.

The jump seemed to last an eternity. i didnt felt safe uphere, i was a toy for the wind and a targetpractice for the gerry's. i looked down and saw the ground closing in on me. i made my prayer and prepared for the landing. anxiously i firmly clinged the ties of my parachute. this was it, the point of no return.

first my legs hitted the ground. because of the unexpected hard blow, i collapsed and my head crashed onto my knee with allot of speed. i remembered being dragged for a couple of meters by the parachute before everything turned black.

i only layed there for a couple of minutes before i woke. the temptation to lay down and relax was huge, but my fear for death won it from my laziness.
i had some difficulties getting up, but i managed to stay on 2 feets without falling down in one time. as fast as my legs could take me i ran towards the woods nearby. there i would be safe, atleast i thought.

i drawed my colt .45 because i lost my m1 Garand during the jump. i also had a knife but that would be of no use now. with my gun ready to fire, i silently walked trough the forest. it was very dark, so i had to be careful not to fall and alarm possible enemies. i was so afraid that i didn't noticed that two eyes and a gun were pointing at me.

Flash...did i just heard something, no it must be the wind...flash. this time it was very clear, someone just used the password. Thunder i replied. i heard something in the bushes, something was going on there. it sended a shiver down my spine. with more determination i pointed my gun to the place i last heard the noise.

a young man came walking towards my from the bushes. he had an american combatsuit so i lowered my gun. he wasn't very old nor tall. maybe 1.70 but was it. he looked tired and frightened.
'What's your name,' i asked. 'My name is Elder, Benjamin Elder' he answered. 'What's your name'. i hesitated but finally said. My name is Jack Bates, 101st airborne division charlie company.

more coming later guys

edyzmedieval
06-09-2005, 13:36
It's Saint-Mere-Eglise...

Just correcting....

I wonder what happens next! :)

The Stranger
06-09-2005, 16:08
i know but Ste is the same as Saint. just as you got SVP and sil vous-plait

master of the puppets
06-17-2005, 12:50
...is it tommorow yet, i wanna hear the rest of the story.

The Stranger
06-17-2005, 16:21
sorry master, but i'm having exams. so i'm continiung wednesday

The Stranger
06-23-2005, 20:14
updated it. so enjoy

The Stranger
06-28-2005, 11:26
another update. be free to reply and give some hints and stuff

Monk
06-29-2005, 20:58
I've spotted numerous grammatical and spelling errors, you should perhaps use tighter edits when going over this. Spell check helps too, its near the end of the page. Sometimes your sentences are very short and come off a bit fragmented, you might want to go over them a few times to correct that.

just imho

The Stranger
06-30-2005, 09:21
the problem is, the spellcheck doesnt do any grammatical fixes. only misspelled words. i'm not a native english speaker and this story is transated from dutch. i'm trying to stick as close to the original story as possible but i cant always find the best english word for the dutch word. thats why ít may look a bit weird.

The Stranger
07-04-2005, 13:52
'what's your mission objective'
'take over some bridge, but i dont know where'
oh great, i thought, i'm in the middle of nowhere with some rookie that has to take over some bridge. and he doesnt even know where.
'you know what we're going to Saint-Mere-Eglise, and hook up with some paratroopers if we get there, oke'
Elder only nodded, but didnt said anything.
'so let's go now'
i stood up and grabbed my colt and continued my way. i looked back to see if Elder followed me. he was right behind me, with a garand in his hand and a scared look on his face.

we'd only walked for a mile, when we saw the outskirts of Saint-Mere-Eglise on the horison.
'We're almost there Elder.'
'Great i cant wait to fight those gerries'
he didnt do any trouble to cover the sarcasm.