PDA

View Full Version : RTK Statement to Silent Assasins and TW Community

Elrich of Gaul
06-13-2005, 03:16
"In reference to rumours circulating the Total War community, RTK confirms that members of the Silent Assassins have infiltrated the private forums of the RTK. While we had suspected this to have occurred, the RTK was recently given proof of these crimes dating back to March 2005 by a remorseful member of the SA. In addition, another member of the SA has admitted to spying on RTK for the SA, by being an applicant to join RTK (a "Page") for the final six months of MTW/VI while at the same time they were an active member of the SA Clan. We had noted that this applicant showed an unusual level of interest in our preparations for tournaments (Total War Premier League and CWC Grand Championship) and was never granted membership in the RTK.

We are naturally upset at this invasion of our privacy. These actions of the SA to pursue their own aims at the expense of others serves only to further fragment the multiplayer community at a time when clans need to work together for the common good and to make the Total War gaming experience great for all. It is in this spirit of community unity that we make full disclosure of these acts of the Silent Assassins.

We at the RTK have our "Tenets"... they are a code of conduct to play by. We only wish to expand membership amongst the multiplayer community by recognizing those with honour.... and exposing those without."

CBR
06-13-2005, 03:55
This is indeed sad and disturbing news. I thought the SA clan had finally grown up.

CBR

NimbleNota
06-13-2005, 12:00
Such pathetic acts of coward ness and deceit do not belong in this game

And CBR that is only wishful thinking my friend, I do not believe they will ever grow up.

Tomisama
06-13-2005, 12:45
The first two Rules of the CWC are:

From the Clan Wars Competition Introduction v3.3

1. The Clan Wars Competition (CWC) is an association of honorable Total War Clans interested in Clan Team vs. Clan Team warfare.

2. To be a member of the CWC, a Clan must maintain the highest level of integrity, and show of respect for others. Integrity and respect, are absolutely necessary for us to be able to hold these Contests.

http://p219.ezboard.com/fclanwars3540frm41.showMessage?topicID=21.topic

To show everyone how serious the Clan Wars Administration is about it’s Rules, all references to the Silent Assassins Clan will be removed from our site and message board. And any and all honors received by SA from the CWC will be revoked.

It is here written, and it shall be done!

Tomisama

CWC founder and Chief Administrator

CBR
06-13-2005, 13:02
Well that seems fair enough Tomi. Unacceptable behavior like this has to have consequences.

CBR

Jochi Khan
06-13-2005, 14:35
It appears earlier suspicions have been confirmed.

Jochi

NimbleNota
06-13-2005, 14:39
Tomi I agree that they should be removed from the CWC tournament from this day on, that is a good idea, but take away their three tournaments they did win seems a bit radical, you and noone else has proof they commited acts such as this against RTK during the times of their 3 wins in the CWC. But the decision of course is your own.

But I always function on the base that proof is needed to convict someone, but maybe in your eyes you see today's wrongs commited by SA as unhonourable and hurts them for their whole history in CWC. And thus such actions as taking away their titles is justified.
:bow:

tibilicus
06-13-2005, 15:29
Sorry SA but that is pathetic. You dont deserve to be CWC champions if you have to spy on others to win. You have betrayed the trust of many people and brung shame to your clan. I would hang your heads in shame at this point. And as for the CoH I wouldnt even think of puting your clans name on it. Not after this.

Rob The Bastard
06-13-2005, 19:18
Examples of objectionable messages include, but are not limited to:

Posts containing names of people suspected of cheating in the multiplayer game. This clause has been much debated; its purpose is to avoid fruitless controversy. No conclusive proof on anyone cheating in the multiplayer game can be obtained or presented.

Therefore, the staff and the majority of the patrons (approximately 70% voted in favor) feel that it is for the best to avoid making accusations; even if truthful, their inconclusiveness will probably lead to "flame wars" which are inconvenient to the forum and its every patron. Keeping of private "cheater blacklists" is allowed, indeed encouraged,

but The Guild does not wish to be the medium for such.