PDA

View Full Version : Faction balancing?

ramareddy
06-15-2005, 21:10
Before responding please take a look at the army lists:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=41921&page=1

Is it just me, or does each faction seem very well balanced?

Not between factions, mind you, but each army list in and of itself. It seems like they all have great infantry and cavalry, with very few perceivable weaknesses.

Do you guys think that maybe these lists should be changed in favor of lobsiding factions toward a particular tactical power?

I'll use a 1-5 scale for each component of a faction, the goal being to make each factions average around a "3".

When taking each into consideration, think about the variety and roles of the units given, and the power of those units.

The following are more how the factions "should" be, that is to say, the level of power and variety that each component of a faction has (In my very humble opinion).

Keep in mind I'm trying to make each a "3".

Examples of factions using 1-5 scale:

Krishnapur-
Melee Infantry: Average 3
Missile Infantry: Good 4
Melee Cavalry (Elephants/Chariots included, however horsemen should be poor): Good 4
Missile Cavalry: Very Poor 1
Average: 3

Khanate-
Melee Infantry: Poor 1
Missile Infantry: Good 4
Melee Cavalry: Good 4
Missile Cavalry: Very Good 5
Average: 3.5

"Japanese faction(s)"-
Melee Infantry: Very Good 5
Missile Infantry: Average 3
Melee Cavalry: Average 3
Missile Cavalry: Average 3
Average: 3.5

Understand that these are not how the factions are presently, but how I feel a particular faction "should" be.

If anyone else would like to use a similar method to examine a faction as it is presently, or how you think it "should" be, feel free to do so.

I'm excited for your responses.