PDA

View Full Version : totalwar/battle/weather.txt

Khan7
08-26-2001, 11:45
Well, I found the file which I believe controls all of the effects of weather.. it is HUGE so it's gonna be a royal pain to do much with it.. but it's certainly doable, so if someone wants to check this out by all means do so it would be a benefit to the community.. but given the large amount of editing you'd have to do and the unreliability of what weather you're going to get in a battle, testing and gathering info is going to be somewhat tedious. An editing-assistance program for this file would be VERY nice.

------------------
Khan7

Whitey
08-26-2001, 17:13
I remember 'turning off' the rain once (It never rained...ever) but I didn't try in in multiplayer - assuming people want to play in certain weather conditionsthey can, but I'd imagine both players would need the same weather file.

oh and btw - Muskets actually DO fire in light rain now (a pleasent surprise to me http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/wink.gif)

[This message has been edited by Whitey (edited 08-26-2001).]

Catiline
08-26-2001, 21:45
What effects are you proposing need to be changed Khan?

------------------
Oderint dum metuant

Khan7
08-27-2001, 00:46
I dunno.. it just would be good to know the workings of the file if one ever wanted to change something :-)

For instance, make Civil War small arms work better in rain and snow.

------------------
Khan7

Kraellin
08-27-2001, 06:42
Rob, one of the old mod guys in here, played with the weather file quite a bit when he was still around. check the forum archives for his stuff about this. and yes, all players do have to have the same file or the game crashes.

K.

------------------
I'm sorry, but i never apologize.

celtiberoijontychi
08-27-2001, 08:29
Well modified weather files would allow for a custom "winter campaign" or a "Desert War" with no rain.

Khan7
08-27-2001, 08:44
From what I can tell it would seem a rather easy task to edit the weather cycles that show up in a season and the probabilities involved, and even somewhat easy to modify the weather cycles themselves, but it appears to be quite a task to modify the effects of weather.

------------------
Khan7

Magyar Khan
08-28-2001, 00:58
is it me or does it really rains more on totomi now? if so, another disadvantage for the horses/attackers

Khan7
08-28-2001, 04:37
Probly just you, but can't be sure. All I can say is that I saw nothing in the file having to do with provinces, but this doesn't enitirely rule out the existence of some province-specificity.

------------------
Khan7