PDA

View Full Version : Does the Server Burp???

Airwreck
06-17-2005, 19:04
Heya
went to log on to see if there was anyone in the game.. but could never get there.. I was there yesterday and got whooped so I know it works.. Just wondering if the server ever burps???

Thanks

OH... also is there a way to make the thread instant email notifaction a default setting in the control panel of the user.. If so I sure didnt see it. Cuz I tend to forget these things.. when posting..

Drisos
06-18-2005, 08:15
Hello Airwreck,

It seems that shambles is having tech. problems with the server right now. I tried logging in but it failed too. I'm sure he'll fix it soon, so we can play today. ~:)

When you reply to a thread, under your new post (while typing it) there are 'other options'. There is a window called 'thread abbonnee' in which you for instance choose to get e-mail notification every day.

Hope it works. :bow:

Airwreck
06-19-2005, 02:56
Hey thanks for the info..
Well I got my second game in and it looks like back to the drawing board for me.. or that is ..If people want some one to slaughter..thats me..

As for the email notify yeah I see that at the bottom of the posting page..I just wanted to set that as a default setting in my prefs so I would have to think..

Hope to see you in the game so I can be your sacrificial lamb..

Togakure
06-19-2005, 04:09
There are some basic things that can really accelerate your online success. Here are my quick dozen:

1. knowing the effective honor and upgrade ranges for the various units
2. knowing good combinations of 16 units to take for various scenarios (attack, defense, flat, hilly, foresty, 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, clear, rainy, cold/snowy etc.)
3. knowing how to move your entire army while maintaining army formation
4. knowing how to rotate your entire army while maintaining army formation
5. knowing the best unit formations for the various unit types (number of rows deep, etc.)
6. knowing when to use Wedge, Wide, and Hold formations, and Hold Position (and especially--when not to)
7. knowing when to move as an army, when to move in groups, and when to move individual units--and developing the control skills to do any of these as needed
8. getting the most out of your ranged units before attacking in full
9. protecting your ranged units from cavalry raids
10. using your cavalry for maximum effect while minimizing casualties
11. always trying to apply Rock-Paper-Scissors when matching up units in combat
12. flanking and rear-attacking whenever possible, and flanking and rear-attacking when ever possible, and flanking and rear-attacking whenever possible ... ~D

The most successful players win by breaking enemy morale, not by breaking an enemy army with might. As all have the same amount of koku to spend, the latter is quite diffcult to do anyway, unless a player doesn't really know how to pick an effective army.

I and other players are ready and willing to share what we know with those who are interested and who ask. Drisos I know will be happy to share what he has learned. He has gone from Spring green to Summer seasoned in a very short period of time because he asked, listened, practiced, and experimented, with enthusiasm and diligence. It won't be long before he terrorizes us all on the battlefield, I'm sure.

Sasaki Kojiro
06-19-2005, 04:14
Nice list Toga...gives me an idea for a thread ~:)

Airwreck
06-19-2005, 21:41
Oh Great Togan-san

You have given this grasshopper so much to conjure. I am humbled in your presences :bow:
Items 1,2 I know..
So I think ~:)

items 3,4,5 Have always baffled me .. Trying to understand how the cursor works in the game ..just has never set in.. I have tried to figure this out time and time again..both is STW and MTW and alas this tiny brain just can't figure it out.. SO whats the trick???

Items 6 got that down so I think..LOL
Item 7 relates back to 3,4,5

Items 8,9,10,11,12 I understand..

As to breaking Moral..yeah that seems logical.. But what gets me.. is that weapons and armor don't really seem to have any effect.. and that just doesn't make sense.. cuz If I have a 50 caliber gun and a flack jacket so to speak with little or no moral and you have lots of moral and only a .22 cal gun and no flack jacket.. I sure do see you being a dead person on the battle field why that logic doesn't apply here just click.. Where does this break down and why it not work?? ~:confused:

Any guidance the great toga-san can give would be greatly appreciated from this humble servant.

Thanx

Drisos
06-29-2005, 13:03
There are many ways to break morale m8, best is to use more at a time. ~:)

1) Fire at an enemy unit with musks.
2) Attack from the back or the flank.
3) Rout his general.
4) Kill his general.
5) Charge in with WM.
6) Assure his routing men rout through his other units.
7) Charge in with a lot of units at a time.
8) Make sure his men are tired and then drag them into another heavy battle.
9) Rout the enemy's ally's army. The more units rout, the better.
10) Kill the enemy's ally's gen.

Hope this helps you routing armies. ~:)

:bow:

Togakure
06-29-2005, 18:33
Hoho ... a very good list. My, you learn this stuff fast Drisos.

One comment: charging a unit with WM will lower the target's morale by 2, but the same does not apply to No Dachi; charging No Dachi do not--in and of themselves--lower morale. Charging into flank or rear does though, and because they are so fast for infantry, this is one of their best uses. Sasaki uses them very well like this (trust me, I have experienced it so many times :embarassed: ).

Drisos
06-30-2005, 09:39
Hoho ... a very good list. My, you learn this stuff fast Drisos.

One comment: charging a unit with WM will lower the target's morale by 2, but the same does not apply to No Dachi; charging No Dachi do not--in and of themselves--lower morale.

Thanks, but without you I would've only known 3, 4 and 7. (those I figured in SP ~;) ) Thanks also for the comment, I edited it now. I also noticed I forgot 2 things, about allies. It should be about complete now. ~:)