PDA

View Full Version : Problems with unit names - please help me

babarian34
06-18-2005, 08:22
Ok hello guys. First i have to say that it is a really cool idea to make such a mod. i always wanted to play that time area in TW, excpecially with poland.

I installed the 1.0 version but i have a problem.
I started a new campaign with poland.
When u click on a unit description, usually a window opens where theres is apicture of the commander, description name and so on.

But when i click for example on polish hussaria, theres something like (((((!!!!!PolishHusaria!!!!!plural "Could not translate")))))))´and a text which describes the unit is also missing.
It's just a complete mess.

Could you help me out perhaps?
BTW: I have the german version of MTW if this matters

Thanks for your attention

cegorach
06-18-2005, 10:47
But when i click for example on polish hussaria, theres something like (((((!!!!!PolishHusaria!!!!!plural "Could not translate")))))))´and a text which describes the unit is also missing.
It's just a complete mess.

Could you help me out perhaps?
BTW: I have the german version of MTW if this matters

Thanks for your attention[/QUOTE]

First welcome to the forum m8!! ~:cheers:

The names... It is possible that you didn't install it corectly, but I have no idea how the mod works with other language versions than the english one.
As far as I believe all name-responsible files are changed enough. Really strange... ~:confused:

babarian34
06-18-2005, 16:56
i will try to install a frsh version of MTW + VI

Another question: I downloaded the 1.0 version on your homepage, but in the readme it says that i isn't possible to play a campaign.
But i started one? Is this some old readme not updated or whats the matter?

babarian34
06-18-2005, 16:58
P.S.: Thanks for the warm welcome ~:) ~;) :bow:

cegorach
06-20-2005, 09:30
[QUOTE=babarian34]i will try to install a frsh version of MTW + VI

Another question: I downloaded the 1.0 version on your homepage, but in the readme it says that i isn't possible to play a campaign.

1.0 wasn't supposed to be released for everybody - it was the last testing version, but I decided to allow everyone to play in the end. THe readme wasn't changed much, though. ~;)

babarian34
06-30-2005, 13:06
i made a fresh installment of the game but the mod still doesnt work corecctly. :(
also, when you start the game and choose your faction everything is wrong.
for example i click on inhabitants of novgorod and the map shows me an area in sweden.

also the new factions are all desrcibed like $/(%$/&("$=%!§$%&%&%&/&//(/331544
in the menu.

Perhaps i have done something wrong? i just copied all data from "install me" into to the mediaval directory. is this right?

Otherwise, i guess it doesn't work with the german version ~:handball:

Is here anyone perhaps who has the german version of TW and tried to play this mod. did it work with in your case?

At least i have bought the english version of Rome, so when the PaM Mod for Rome comes out i will be hopefully able to play it.

cegorach
06-30-2005, 13:12
[QUOTE=babarian34]i made a fresh installment of the game but the mod still doesnt work corecctly. :(
also, when you start the game and choose your faction everything is wrong.
for example i click on inhabitants of novgorod and the map shows me an area in sweden.

>>>>>>>>>>> When everything is all right there is NO novgorod faction ONLY the Swedes who replaced them ~:confused:

also the new factions are all desrcibed like $/(%$/&("$=%!§$%&%&%&/&//(/331544
in the menu.

>>>>>>>> It definitely is something which shouldn't happen. ~:confused:

Perhaps i have done something wrong? i just copied all data from "install me" into to the mediaval directory. is this right?

>>>>>> Yes it is enough to copy and paste everything inside 'install me' to your MTW VI main folder.

I am sorry, but you will have to wait for RTW release for many months - BI complicates the process, besides OiM involvement is currently the most important task I face - except the next release of PMTW for MTW ~;)

babarian34
06-30-2005, 13:58
i made it work! YEES!
~:)
I noticed that in the "loc" folder of my MTW installation, i had two folders:
"Eng" and "German".
I guess the "Eng" came from the Pike and Musket Mod, and before this there was only german.
So when i installed the pike and musket mod, my MTW VI still used the "german" folder for all the unit names and so on, because he isn't supossed to use a folder called "Eng".
So I just copied all the Data from the PaM /Loc/Eng folder to the /Loc/German folder and now it works perfectly.

Only one question remaining:Is it normal that some units like haiduks or "rac" (never heard of rac, what is it? ~:confused: ) have no detailed description while other units like polish husaria have?

cegorach
06-30-2005, 15:39
i made it work! YEES!
~:)
I noticed that in the "loc" folder of my MTW installation, i had two folders:
"Eng" and "German".
I guess the "Eng" came from the Pike and Musket Mod, and before this there was only german.
So when i installed the pike and musket mod, my MTW VI still used the "german" folder for all the unit names and so on, because he isn't supossed to use a folder called "Eng".
So I just copied all the Data from the PaM /Loc/Eng folder to the /Loc/German folder and now it works perfectly.

Only one question remaining:Is it normal that some units like haiduks or "rac" (never heard of rac, what is it? ~:confused: ) have no detailed description while other units like polish husaria have?

GOOD to hear it ! ~:cheers: ~:cheers:

I forgot that Eng.txt is only for the english edition :embarassed:

THe descriptions were mostly written by me or re-edited from some other sources ( other supporters of the project - mainly Dead Moroz and Swordsmaster), so ultimately all units will get them, but currently I am preparing the final unit list so it is possible that there will be more than 40 new units in the next release. Some armies still lack interesting units, though ( France).
But I promise that all the units will get their descriptions ultimately, so probably not in the next release, but later. ~;)

Regards Cegorach ~;)

cegorach
06-30-2005, 15:41
"rac" (never heard of rac, what is it? ~:confused: )

Rac were the Serbian light cavalry copied or hired both in Poland and in Hungary and of course in Moldavia. :bow: