PDA

View Full Version : Which factions you like to play in MP

Loinnreach
06-21-2005, 10:46
I'm interested which factions you like to play in multiplayer , especially when you are playing ladder matches.

For example I like English and Teutonic factions. Novogrod and Kiev Rusia are also interesting but quit hard to pick good units to win.

Kor Khan
06-21-2005, 11:24
My personal favourite has to be the Byzantines at the moment. Varangians and Klibanophoroi are simply unbeatable.

On the other hand, I also really enjoy playing the Turks or the Egyptians. And don't forget the Cumans. Some of the Catholic factions are cool too, but I don't find them particularly interesting to play as.

Loinnreach
06-21-2005, 13:16
Some of the Catholic factions are cool too, but I don't find them particularly interesting to play as.

I do agree that eastern factions have more diverse units. (same as in MTW; I like this sentece with 'MTW')
But despite they have less diverse units, it is good to know that you can't miss to much when seting your amry.

I would like test your Byzantine army in near future.

Lord Adherbal
06-21-2005, 13:37
I think Castille is one of my personal favorites. I just love Algaraves/Jinetes combo for hit & run attacks on my opponent (during the archer duel). Both are light cavalry so they can outrun everything else. They only need to stay out of archer fire.

Shields
06-21-2005, 23:10
I gotta love My Viking Axeman with those Danes :D love Denmark baby!

Loinnreach
06-22-2005, 09:22
Denmark. I remeber your Denmark 'baby' army Shields. Now I have one army set up for them.

Maybe little advice. I still haven't decide between French and Holy Roman Empire.

Kor Khan
06-22-2005, 11:52
After having played a game against Viking Axemen yesterday, I'm wondering if they might also be a bit overpowered (like normal axemen). I've seen them blowing entire battlelines away easily multiple times.

Lord Adherbal
06-22-2005, 12:10
yeah they're probably a bit too strong (almost all AP infantry units needs slight rebalancing) but not as bad as the standard Axemen I think.

Loinnreach
07-01-2005, 18:49
Someone should win against Adherbal. It seems that while he is moding he is also practising Chivalry.

*talking to Adherbal*

And there has gone my estate. :p

Dutch_guy
07-09-2005, 11:28
I like playing as the Danes and also als the byzantines - I like the infantry based factions ~:)

:balloon2: