PDA

View Full Version : New BKB Project

The Blind King of Bohemia
06-23-2005, 17:15
A little something I've been working on. It still has work to be done on it, like Markland, the sea divisions and minor tweaks (province names, some islands may go), but expect a full announcement of a new BKB project for Medieval soon incorporating my new map.

http://img181.echo.cx/my.php?image=newmap7ww.jpg

It might not be completely geographically correct but its near enough there. It took me ages so apart from what I said NOTHING will be changed at this point.

edyzmedieval
06-23-2005, 17:19
Great.... ~D ~:cheers:

New project by BKB = > good project! ~D ~:cheers:

06-23-2005, 17:22
Well I'll do my best. I replied to you in the Main Hall also.

King Ragnar
06-23-2005, 17:22
By the looks of the map it is goin to be based around the vikings, am i right?
Excellent map by the way.

06-23-2005, 17:24
That's where a lot of people might come unstuck. Although its crying out for it, oddly this mod will NOT feature Vikings. Norse, Danes and Kingdom of the Isles yes, but that's about as close as you'll get.

I want to create something different, and not step on anyone's toes, especially the Fury of the Northmen guys.

IrishMike
06-23-2005, 17:27
Man, BKB, first the super mod then this! Your Awesome man. This new mod is gonna be so great i'm not sure words can describe it.

cegorach
06-24-2005, 11:15
Great idea BKB ! ~:cheers:

Meneldil
06-26-2005, 18:29
Fury of the northmen kinda died, didn't it ?

And I know what this mod will be about ~D (I don't think this sentence is correct, but it sounds cool)

Radier
06-27-2005, 18:04
Good to see you are working on another project! Good luck

~:cheers:

ShadesWolf
06-27-2005, 18:39
Looks interesting my friend.

07-01-2005, 21:58
Just to say, the map is nearly done, just the seas and some province names to eradicate. I should warn you, province names will NOT appear on the map. Since there's so small space to deal with its the only way I can add the maximum amount of provinces. I wanted to do it. Hell, its really difficult to remove the names and get it to look good, so I REALLY would have liked to do it. Anyway, it should be done by Thursday and ran through the LMM by the weekend. Expect Europe to be packed with provinces while America's to be quite sparse.

Radier
07-02-2005, 09:00
Sounds good. May I ask what factions are in?

07-02-2005, 13:07
At the moment i can't really say but expect a few new ones such as Kingdom of the Isles and a few Irish factions and rest I'll keep as a surprise ~D

Afonso I of Portugal
07-03-2005, 17:32
Looks great BKB!

Will you include native american and Eskimo factions?

best wishes for your mod!
:charge:

07-03-2005, 17:55
*Desperately tries to force lid back on one of the most interesting parts of the mod, and asks KOP2 nicely not to make him reveal too much at this stage!* ~D ~:cheers:

Afonso I of Portugal
07-03-2005, 19:01
Ok BKB! ~:)

I know what you mean!

Nice work

:duel:

07-04-2005, 22:18
Expect a full announcement with final pics of the map within the next week. I just have to divide the seas now.

Radier
07-04-2005, 22:40
Yepee!

King of Atlantis
07-05-2005, 05:05
This looks like it is going to be great. ~:)

cegorach
07-05-2005, 10:31
BKB

I have a suggestion, but I think you might possibly have done it already.

You could prepare two techtrees for some factions - one only for american colonies and one for Europe only.
It is easy by using the resource requirement in building prod file to make these buildable only in America/Europe.

A very good idea , I believe :bow: :book:

Afonso I of Portugal
07-05-2005, 18:24
BKB, i found this site about native american cultures pre-first contact with european nations, that might be usefull, if you decide to include them of course!

http://www.kstrom.net/isk/maps/cultmap.html

see yah ~:cheers:

07-05-2005, 18:33
Thanks KOP2 that looks useful!

07-05-2005, 23:37
I've decided on a name by the way:

THE AGE OF WARLORDS: TOTAL WAR

Radier
07-05-2005, 23:44
Interesting... The first feeling is that the mod is starting somewhere between 700 - 1200 a.d.
Would love to see some pics btw.

07-05-2005, 23:51
The first period will begin 1152, when Barbarossa became HRE. The latter, set during the HYW, I have not decided on a start date for just yet.

07-06-2005, 17:40
Here's the finished map before I run it into the LMM. The seas are in place. I know they look a little square but it was too difficult and time consuming to make them all curvy, especially as there is so many of them. I also know the names are modern and I made up one or two (Sea of the Isles), but they sound pretty good and god knows even if they had names for the American seas in Medieval times:

https://img296.imageshack.us/img296/6569/newmap4xh.jpg

Radier
07-06-2005, 18:56
Wow cool map. CanĀ“t wait to play it.
Is it hard to draw lines between the regions and does it take a long time?

Meneldil
07-06-2005, 19:04
BKB, I would gladly help you, just tell me what I have to do, and if I have the knowledge and the skills, I'll give it a try.

Nice map btw :)

GoreBag
07-06-2005, 21:33
There were Viking names for the regions where Leif Ericsson landed. You could associate the sea zones with those regions, if you want more outdated names for them.

Afonso I of Portugal
07-06-2005, 22:30
BKB, if you need some maps just follow the link:

http://www.euratlas.com/time2.htm

Duke Dick
07-06-2005, 23:16
i cant wait till the natives invade europe....i'm assuming your going to leave the ability to build ports and boats into the new territory?

How about just leaving the natives as a group who don't actively act as expansionists. It woulod leave the ability for ports and such on the land, but mean that it stays as historically accurate as possible(if you can call MTW historically accurate if you know what i mean).

Samurai Waki
07-07-2005, 00:39
How about a Compromise, such as Native Boats can't be used in Deep Sea areas like the Vikings, so a Native Faction cannot functionately conquer past a certain area. I think the game would be best played with Glorious Achievements if the Natives were a faction.

07-07-2005, 21:29
Map with provinces. Ignore the pink stuff and any other graphical imperfections, this is just for the benefit of the LMM. Some of these (like Denmark's islands) are NOT separate provinces and are linked to other ones. I hope to have this playable (for me!) by mid next week, maybe earlier:

https://img261.imageshack.us/img261/5355/america6ug.jpg

edyzmedieval
07-07-2005, 21:32
Good job BKB!!!!!!

Awesome map!!!

When is the mod available?!

Radier
07-07-2005, 21:35
This project is becoming more and more interesting...

Pericles
07-08-2005, 07:05
Excellent work :)

King of Atlantis
07-08-2005, 07:23
The natives should not be a faction cause it would be inaccurate for them to invade europe and boring for them not to.

Crusader4thepeople
07-09-2005, 10:22
Any idea when itll be ready to play as it looks great and i cant wait

07-09-2005, 13:21
Its going like a dream at the minute through LMM, Wellington's marvellous tool that I'd be lost without. Just about to run it through for the final time then I hope by tomorrow to be playing the map with some make-shift factions. By the end of July I should have both periods with proper factions done. I'll then spend the next 6 weeks or so balancing, adding units, new portraits, graphics, names, and so forth. Expect it mid-September.

edyzmedieval
07-09-2005, 16:38
Ok... But unfortunately, you choose it exactly when BI comes, unfortunately.....

BTW, where can I find the LMM?! Useful for the Byzantium Total War mod....

william the bastard
07-09-2005, 17:07
You can find it here :
http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Mtw_Uploads/MTWupload/

I tried it and it's work fine, but get not enough time for drawing a map :no:
otherwise I would join your team, i like your mod idea

Pericles
07-09-2005, 23:21
BKB:

Keep up the excellent work.

Even with the BI expansion coming, there will, no doubt, still be problems with it.

Besides, MTW is a completely different era/game from RTW, and lots of people still play the game.

All the best.

07-09-2005, 23:28
Thanks. My aim was to get it out before BI anyway. The final map turned out to be a bit different from that - two more seas were added. The Irish Sea was split into 2 (North and South) while the English Channel was also divided between East and West. This was a forced change due to borders of both seas numbering over 15. It also meant that I maxed out the number of seas.

Pericles
07-09-2005, 23:56
BKB:

Great looking map.

Once you finish with this mod, I can see others making other campaigns with it as well.

Looking forward to this mod.

PS: even with the BI expansion coming I have not read anywhere as to whether the saved game bug has been fixed.

Crusader4thepeople
07-10-2005, 09:09
BKB you need to teach me how to make new maps, cause dude your amazing at it. Ive downloaded LMM but i get a message that says that i need to register something

edyzmedieval
07-10-2005, 19:47
As I told you, it's very hard....

But if BKB can post a guide, it can be wonderful....

Crusader4thepeople
07-10-2005, 21:30
Thanks Edyz youve been reallly helpful. Ive was checking DJs Guide in the Reposotory, but there were no links for the Programms and i couldnt make use of the guide (although the others are great). Thats why i agree it would be great if BKB made a guide, when he has the time of course, cuz he is like the master at it

07-10-2005, 21:45
Download the LMM and look at some of the documentation. When I started I was in your shoes, I knew nothing, but I started slowly and read carefully, and learnt quickly. Now it comes pretty naturally. I could do a guide but really I'd only be repeating what other people have already said.

edyzmedieval
07-11-2005, 11:39
You've just posted a guide ~D

No need for other help....

edyzmedieval
07-11-2005, 11:43
BTW,

Install the Active-X component, or the vbs is not working.....

07-13-2005, 11:08
Update - the map is in the game and working like a dream. The first campaign is up and running but at a very early stage - no buildings or units yet. All factions however have their correct or new shields/flags, though at the moment they are using old factions colours and names. Of course all of this is still a work in progress. There will be 20 factions in each era, which will allow me to add more new types of units. These factions have been decided upon. I could post pics if people want.

Its looking good though lads and I must say even I'm looking forward to playing it!

Meneldil
07-13-2005, 11:15
*would like to know which faction are involved, and thus, wouldn't mind seeing a screenshot or two

edyzmedieval
07-13-2005, 11:32
BKB,

We want pics..... Can you give us any info about the units?!

07-13-2005, 12:44
First Period - 'Angevin Ascendancy' - Starts 1153

Algonquin Tribes
Dorset Eskimo
Norwegians
Danish
Kingdom of the Isles
Scots
English
Kingdom of Gwynedd
Kingdom of Deheubarth
Kingdom of Ulster (Northern Ui Neills)
Kingdom of Connaught
French
Brittany
County of Hainaut
HRE
Genoese
Papacy
Tuscany
Castilian-Leonese
Aragonese

Second Period - 'Trial by Fire and Battle' - 1337

English
French
Kingdom of the Isles
Skraeling Tribes
Norwegians
Danish
Scots
Kingdom of Ulster
*Second Irish Faction, most likely Desmond*
Brittany
Flemish
Navarresse
Aragonese
Castilian-Leonese
Genoese
Papacy
HRE
Swiss
Burgundians
Milanese

Expect all the relevant units from the Super Mod along with, oh, lets say about 50 new ones, including new graphics for the Skraelings.

Duke Dick
07-13-2005, 12:55
The natives should not be a faction cause it would be inaccurate for them to invade europe and boring for them not to.

Everyone says stuff would be inaccurate, but what we forget is that the whole of the TW series is basically an alternate retelling of history, where we decide what happens. Apart from units and building and such, it isn't really historically accurate is it? I don't Think Scotland conquered the whole fo Europe in the 1400's do you?

Looking forward to this BKB, keep up the work.

edyzmedieval
07-13-2005, 13:32
I want to know who are the Pagan factions.....

07-13-2005, 13:35
Algonquin Tribes
Dorset Eskimo

And for late, the Skraeling Tribes are sort of an amalgamated version of these. I couldn't afford two American factions for Late.

Afonso I of Portugal
07-13-2005, 22:59
~:eek: Uau!

Nice work BKB!!!

Crusader4thepeople
07-14-2005, 09:04
looks absolutely amazing BKB, cant wait to see those eskimos in action

OmarPacha
08-14-2005, 22:12
I downloaded the LMM and look at some of the documentation, but I was not able to find the 'wshLtWtNonModalDalog.ocx' in package.
What did I miss?

Greets
:help:

OmarPacha
09-14-2005, 18:23
I've been playing Early era for last six months and, needless to say, I found it very interesting, somewhere, better than original MTWVI.
I experienced some crashes playing Almoravids, while all other campaigns (Croatians, Genoese, Scots, Cumans, Armenians) going great.
Now, I saw a file added on 3d downloads named 2.1 patch, but I can't find anywhere a text document which explains changes added or improvements.
As far as I did adjust many info_pics & review_panel icons and a few bif files in texture\men folders, I just wanted to know if this patch would remove my own changes.

Greets