PDA

View Full Version : For Hecose and other campaign modders

Nagano Toma
09-11-2001, 07:23
I don't know if this is new information for you guys but if you want to you can manually go into the text file for a campaign and add different levels of improved farmland. You can't have two 100% farmland improvements in a province, but you can have a 100% 60% 40% and so on in the same province. This is the only method I have figured out for really increasing the value of a province since no one can figure out how to change the value of a province. Not a great method since it uses up a building slot but its something.

I am still trying to create a campaign that is balanced and interesting enough to post. How is every else doing??

hecose
09-11-2001, 07:47
Interesting! I didn't know about that. When I programmed the campaign editor, I ensured that different types of farmland do not appear in the same province, e.g. if you add legendary farmland to a province, the original improved farmland will be deleted automatically. I have always assumed that having two types of farmland in a province will crash the game.

For the moment I guess you will have to do this manually if you really want to do it.

Zen Blade
09-11-2001, 08:06
Thanks Nagano.

Yup, you are completely right mate...

YOU CAN ALSO using the txt file put ARMORY's in places where they normally can't be. I think I did this in a couple... maybe only one province in my campaign.

I totally forgot to mention it though.
let us know if you find anything else Nagano

-Zen Blade

------------------
Zen Blade Asai
Red Devil
Last of the RSG
Clan Tenki Council-Unity, Retired
SHS Core Member

Nagano Toma
09-11-2001, 08:52
Ahh Zen I was wondering about that, if you could add armories to provinces that normally aren't allowed to have them.

By the way Hecose, great job on the heir/daimyo list, if you compiled it the way I was, I know it was tedious. I had only gotten half way through the list when you came out with v.1.1

And Zen have you posted your campaign yet?

hecose
09-11-2001, 10:37
Nagano Toma, I compiled the start daimyo list this way:

I created a custom campaign with 7 clans + ronin. I put Uesugi's daimyo in Shinano, and set all the surrounding provinces to be owned by the other 6 clans & the ronins, and put their daimyos in each of these provinces. Then I created a border watch tower in Shinano, so that Uesugi can see all the surrounding provinces and daimyo details. After that I made 20 versions of this campaign, and in each of them I set a different start daimyo for each clan, from daimyo 0 to 19. I load each campaign in STWWE, chose to play as Uesugi and copied down all the daimyo names, age & rank.

Painstaking...