PDA

View Full Version : New version of Campaign Editor is out.

hecose
09-09-2001, 12:45
Just repeating myself in another post in another thread, but I think (I hope) this is justified.

I have updated the campaign editor to version 1.1. It's available for download at hecose.tripod.com. I have uploaded it to totalwar.org. I think the admins will make it ready for download soon. Please send any comments, bug reports to hecose@hotmail.com.

New features include:
- Mongol campaigns and Mongol units (Chapter 7)
- Ability to specify heir unit type, honour level and location {Chapter 5)
- Provinces with daimyo present will have an underlined coloured number
- Ability to choose start daimyo (Chapter 8)
- Fixed geisha unit problem (in v1.0 a Korean Skirmisher is created instead of a Geisha)
- Campaign description (Chapter 7)
- Create files and folders required for installing into STWWE (Chapter 9, 10)
- Declare province owner first before specifying units. In v1.1 campaign files, all province ownerships are declared first. This is to avoid potential problems when installing into STWWE.

By the way the chapter numbers refer to the updated chapters in the campaign editor manual.

[This message has been edited by hecose (edited 09-09-2001).]

Kraellin
09-09-2001, 21:09
lookin good, hecose.

i downloaded it and also looked at the screenshots. looks nice. havent tried it out yet but those screenshots look like you did quite a professional job of it.

lemme see if i can get this to show as an instant click thing: http://hecose.tripod.com

edit:
yeah, that does the trick. now all us lazy folks can just instant click to your site, hecose :)

K.

------------------
I'm sorry, but i never apologize.

[This message has been edited by Kraellin (edited 09-09-2001).]

Nagano Toma
09-10-2001, 02:24
Great Job Hecose! Im foolig around with the v 1.1 right now. Thanks for all the hard work!

hecose
09-10-2001, 07:26
Good to know people are using the campaign editor to create their own campaigns. I hope soon we'll get to see lots of new fan-made campaigns in the community!

Do let me know if you find any bugs or have any suggestions / comments. Thanks!

Auxerre
09-10-2001, 12:14
FYI,

I've been editing text files in Loc\Eng and I find text notes alongside strings referring to clans Tokugawa, Toyotomi, and Date as being successor clans to the Imagawa, Oda, and Uesugi respectively. This means that sometime around or after 1560 all references to the Cyan, Gold, and Dark Blue clans will change as the Tokugawa, Toyotomi, and Date heirs takeover in the game.

I've also seen references (In-game messages) that indicate that a lost or misplaced (read underaged) heir of any given clan that a player has already defeated and presumed to be extinct, has been found and caused a loyalist revolt in certain provinces that may belong to the player. Some people in another forum were presuming this was a bug in the WE, but apparently its a feature designed to make endgames a bit more challenging for players who think the AI is just about whipped.

hecose
09-10-2001, 12:37
Auxerre,

I do know that some of the original clans get replaced with new clan names at certain times, but I'm not sure whether or how those can be customised. Do let me know if you find out anything.

As for clans reappearing, I actually haven't experienced it myself (though it would be interesting), but I doubt that can be customised.

Shoko
09-10-2001, 19:31
V good so what does this all do? http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/frown.gif

hecose
09-10-2001, 19:59
Shoko, basically using the campaign editor the STW community can create its own campaigns, in addition to the standard Sengoku Jidai, 1530, 1550, 1580 and Mongol Invasion campaigns. Hopefully in the future we'll see lots of custom made campaigns being shared among the community, just like custom made maps are being shared now.

I have a dream... http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

Wavesword
09-11-2001, 01:06
As I assume this campaign editor is incompatible with the original STW then I'm going to be in a difficult position soon. I'm not buying Warlord because of EA's recent business practices - 1.13 et al - but it seems that modders are going to be using Warlord in the main, for obvious reasons. I think I'll succumb eventually when a spectacular mod comes along but its interesting how the industry of people who probably just love the game can help companies rather than hurt them. Perhaps EA will imitate Valve's support on good press grounds if these mods do well. Wrong thread I guess but it just struck me.

hecose
09-11-2001, 07:31
Wavesword, just a clarification - Actually the campaign editor will not work with STW (version 1) not because it was written that way. It is because STW does not have the capability to allow us to create custom campaigns in the first place. In STWWE / MI, the developers have exposed some of the configuration files for setting up custom campaigns.

You are still correct though, in stating that you'll need STWWE / MI in order to play these custom campaigns. Can't do with STW.

Kraellin
09-11-2001, 11:02
wavesword,

you could, however, make a scenario editor for stw. those files are alterable :)

K.

------------------
I'm sorry, but i never apologize.

Zen Blade
09-12-2001, 04:51
Hecose,

you make me question many things now....

can we edit the heir list??
can we edit the daimyo list???

can we edit other things???
it is getting this info from somewhwere, but where.

also, there are almost TOO many options now...
Hecose, I hate to be picky, BUT it may be more user friendly to adjust some of the details...

1. when saving....
save into a folder that will have within it the txt file and such... Right now, if I save once, and then save again it is somewhat confusing.
2. Maybe "compartmentalizing" parts of the editor... like, different screens. One screen for units/buildings/territory, another for the descriptions.
It just seems really crowded.
3. I like the extra info in version 1.1b, but I actually prefer the interface in the previous version I used. BUT, I do like the ability to add any unit regardless of player type or time period.

I also like the aiblity to give the ronin forces a daimyo.
-tried this, and I think I will use this in my next campaign... not sure how it will work though yet.

thanks for all your time and effort Hecose

-Zen Blade

------------------
Zen Blade Asai
Red Devil
Last of the RSG
Clan Tenki Council-Unity, Retired
SHS Core Member

hecose
09-12-2001, 07:30
Zen_Blade,

I'm afriad I do not know of any way to edit the start daimyo list (age, rank, etc) or the heir list. I know there are other things that you can edit, like unit statistics (attack, defence, armour values etc), but I haven't looked into them much. You can check out some of Khan7's work, e.g. his American Civil War mod.

Thanks for your feedback:
1. I don't quite understand your question. Can you clarify?
2. Actually I do find that the interface is getting rather congested too, but I am trying to fit everything to one page (well, except the campaign description and the start daimyo choosing bit), so that people won't need to page up / page down.
3. The extra info on making Mongol campaigns that come with the ZIP file are provided by TosaInu San. Or are you referring to extra info within the editor?

Actually I haven't tried playing a campaign with a ronin daimyo. I just found out then can have a daimyo, but I don't know what are the implications. Let me know if you find out anything interesting. :-)

solypsist
09-12-2001, 11:34
is there a link to somewhere so i can actually get this thing?

whoops, nevermind. just saw it, waslooking for a blue link line rather than just an addy.

[This message has been edited by solypsist (edited 09-12-2001).]