PDA

View Full Version : Shogun multiplayer: log on help...

Wingman
06-26-2005, 13:38
Hello all. I would like to relive the good old days of Shogun multiplayer, when everyone always bought a bunch of Muskets and left the sod eating arquebusiers at home. I read though the first couple of pages of the STW multiplayer sticky thread and managed to copy the server info into my internet.cfg. I tried to log on several times by going to the multiplayer section and clicking on the EA/PLAY button (that is where I click right?). The game stalled for a while and gave me a “server not found” message, or something like that. I had my old password and cd key entered, if that makes a difference. Could someone please help a computer illiterate fellow enjoy some Shogun?

PaolinoPaperino
06-26-2005, 13:53
Edit the internet.cfg file, and check if it's:

ChatserverIPAddress = ShogunTW.no-ip.info
ChatserverPort = 8793
NewsserverIPAddress = daphne.eagames.co.uk
NewsserverPort = 8797

The procedure to access the multiplayer you described is right. Right now I'm there

L'Impresario
06-26-2005, 13:53
I got also such problems, but not the "server not found" message. Maybe you had the "failed to connect" one? Sometimes though you can be left waiting for hours "logging on" heh.
The cd-key and pw are irrelevant. Maybe what's relevant is having the WE edition... Can't attribute the inability to connect to any other factors, supposing you have the right .cfg (you are trying Shamble's server right?).

Just A Girl
06-26-2005, 15:24
if you get "logging on" message, keep trying til you get "logged on" message

Sasaki Kojiro
06-26-2005, 16:25
If it stays at logging on for more than a few seconds just try again. Usually takes a couple tries.

L'Impresario
06-26-2005, 17:51
Well the times I've tried each time are double-digit, and I've sometimes left the "logging on" screen for over 5 minutes, without anything significant occuring, hmm apart from being in the same situation that 5 mins earlier;)

*btw sorry for using this thread for my problem as well, but I think they are related ~:) *

Drisos
06-29-2005, 13:19
Hello all. I would like to relive the good old days of Shogun multiplayer, when everyone always bought a bunch of Muskets and left the sod eating arquebusiers at home. I read though the first couple of pages of the STW multiplayer sticky thread and managed to copy the server info into my internet.cfg. I tried to log on several times by going to the multiplayer section and clicking on the EA/PLAY button (that is where I click right?). The game stalled for a while and gave me a “server not found” message, or something like that. I had my old password and cd key entered, if that makes a difference. Could someone please help a computer illiterate fellow enjoy some Shogun?

Great to see another new STW-MP-player! Hope you all fix whatever problems soon.

See you soon on the battlefield. :bow:

R'as al Ghul
06-30-2005, 10:26
Well the times I've tried each time are double-digit, and I've sometimes left the "logging on" screen for over 5 minutes, without anything significant occuring, hmm apart from being in the same situation that 5 mins earlier;)

I know that a succesful log in only takes 3 sec. at max.
I do it like this. When the "loggin in" screen stays more than 3 secs
I cancel and go back to main menu and immediatly try again.
If it doesn't answer I try it again immediatly.
It takes up to three times to login.
There's no use in leaving the "loggin in" for longer than a minute.

It doesn't matter whether you have Mongol Invasion or Warrior Edition.
CD-key and password aren't needed.