PDA

View Full Version : Code of Honour

Tomisama
06-26-2005, 16:21
The Code of Honour is for “ALL” Total War Multiplayers!

Have you signed The Code?

http://www.clanwarscomp.org/cohbanner.gif

Come, stand with us!

http://www.clanwarscomp.org/codeofhonour

codemember@hotmail.com

"If there's any good in this world, it's worth fighting for!"
Samwise the Stouthearted

118 signers as of Sunday June 26th 2005's Morning Report

Go With Honour – Keep The Code

For an Alphabetical Listing of Signer Names, please visit our Org CoH Forum.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Methos6848
06-28-2005, 15:02
I've sent away an email to sign to this very worthy accord. Really, if all online gamers were to embrace the philosophy embodied in this code, then online game play would never sour. Keep up the good work TomiSays and keep those signatures coming!!! :bow:

Drisos
06-29-2005, 13:31
I have always followed 'this' code of honour. I mean, I never violated the rules in it. I will sign up, just to make an example.

Great idea, Tomi Says! :bow: Hope the RTW community improves a lot. ~;)

Togakure
06-29-2005, 18:43
Yes, the Code of Honour is a good thing, and I think it's great that people are participating. Some choose to simply continue to follow its tenets, rather than "sign up." For me personally, I just prefer not to make vows to any but myself. It can become a political lever, and as such can be misused in a disagreement. But it's just my way; I think those that choose to sign are doing a good thing for the community.

Drisos
06-30-2005, 09:34
I sent the 'signup-email' you received it, Tomi? ~:)

I thought about doing that too, Toga. But then I thought it wouldn't change a thing for me and that it's an idea worth the support. ~:) The STW community luckily was great already. ( ~;) at Toga!)

moomo
03-27-2007, 00:15
I "subscribed" with no hesitations, although I don't do it often, because it just represents what I try to do and expect to be done on the battlefield and in the foyer/lobby.

Like the samurai theorists, this came at the end of a period, when things are getting (c)old.

moomo
04-03-2007, 20:25
The mail adress for subscription does not work anymore. 2 "failure notice" after trying to subscribe.
or maybe is my problem. Anyone else tried it?

caravel
04-04-2007, 13:09
Another resurrection... my work is never done it would seem... :inquisitive:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=48157&page=4

moomo
04-05-2007, 00:25
Caravel,

I'm new and experiencing. I haven't saw this threads until a few weeks ago so i don't know what's working and what's not. I take everything for good.
Nothing was letting me know this way of subscribing to the "Code of honour" is not valid anymore and another one is. I'm not interested in RTW and "never" went to that forum.
Explain what do you mean by "resurrected" and how this affects you?
Excuse the ignorance and appreciate the good will.

caravel
04-05-2007, 10:48
Caravel,

I'm new and experiencing. I haven't saw this threads until a few weeks ago so i don't know what's working and what's not. I take everything for good.
Nothing was letting me know this way of subscribing to the "Code of honour" is not valid anymore and another one is. I'm not interested in RTW and "never" went to that forum.
It is the nature of forum posts that the information in them may not current.

Explain what do you mean by "resurrected" and how this affects you?
Excuse the ignorance and appreciate the good will.
The thread was two years old, hence the resurrection joke. :2thumbsup:

Have you added your name in the thread I linked? Doing so will get you added to the CoH.

:bow:

moomo
04-05-2007, 23:44
Hi Caravel,
We seem to have a multi-thread discussion all by ourselves. I enjoy it. No one else intervenes. Feels sporty. I hope you'll take the bellow as such. You are one of the few to browse the Shogun forums and reply, anyway. I am new...

It is the nature of forum posts that the information in them may not current.
The thread was two years old, hence the resurrection joke. :2thumbsup:

Both subscriptions threads for the "Code of honour", the one I resurrected and the one you provided had a 2005 last post. Your link still is a 2005 last post.
I would have resurrected that anyhow!? Both were the "same age". Going to one instead for the other was not a dumb thing. Of course, some extra reading and browsing would have delivered me eventually to the right place. But RTW forums are a dark distant place for me.

One idea for the situation at hand would be to let the starter of the thread to close it when the discussion seems exhausted or the purpose of the thread was achieved or found beyond achieving. Doing this would direct new comers to the newer, "valid" threads. In this case, Tomisama could have last posted and locked the thread with the appropriate resolution, explaining, updating and so...

About this Code. I have second thoughts. Since my first two trials to subscript failed, I think I won't get the gold shiny "CoH" under my name. I sometime have the urge to be naughty and I fear someday I'll boast in anger or irony to some punk. I'll try of course to be a good pal, make friends, enjoy games but for my own self-respect and not for that of the code.

"All that matters" is what happens in the lobby and on the battlefield. (M2 lobby and ingame chat is a mess in this respect I tell you.) The code is subscribed by pals that already do or strive for its "codemandments" but they cannot change those there are not. It would be too dramatic, don't you think?
Maybe I'll change my mind once again but since that time I salute "coders" and "non-coders".
:bow: