PDA

View Full Version : Unused resources

cegorach
06-27-2005, 11:27
As some of you know there is unused resource in MTW - namely 'forest'. In PMTW mod I used it to represent settlers willing to colonise America and other 'New lands'. It can have its uses in Shogun mod too e.g. to represent certain human resource like warriormonks. What do you think ?

It could be used to bound some shrines to certain provinces only ;)

barocca
07-02-2005, 18:27
i am not sue if i used forest itself or not,

but the mod has a large number of unique (to the mod) resources, including tea, rice paper and so on

binding a building to a resource - i may (or may not) have done that,
but it does give me some ideas too...

cheers,
B.

cegorach
07-04-2005, 11:09
i am not sue if i used forest itself or not,

but the mod has a large number of unique (to the mod) resources, including tea, rice paper and so on

binding a building to a resource - i may (or may not) have done that,
but it does give me some ideas too...

cheers,
B.

I don't understand - do you mean you can add new resorces - not the trade goods of course. ~:eek: If you can I am really impressed :bow:

R'as al Ghul
07-04-2005, 15:07
cegorach,

I don't understand your first post.
Could you explain what exactly you've done in this other mod?
Changes to build_prod, unit_prod etc.?
A simple example would be nice, just to know what it is exactly
you're talking about.

~:cheers:

cegorach
07-04-2005, 16:30
OK

First - I found that there is another resource ( along with copper, iron, silver etc) which isn't used in the vanilla MTW VI - coded FOREST.

Next I tried to modify its name and to add another resource, but I think it is impossible - or I simply have no idea how to do it. It is easy with trade goods, but the entire idea is to use a resource, because it is possible to use it as a requirement for buildings in crusaderbuild.txt.

Later I added a new building in the file called 'Colonial House' which I made possible to build only in the provinces with FOREST resource.

Finally I changed the icon of the resource and renamed it ( not the code name) in all the necessary files to 'settlers' with the necessary description - (something like this) - 'the settlers are waiting in this land to colonise new territories' AND added FOREST in some provinces of starpos files.

Finished.

I believe the resources are hardcoded, but it is quite easy to rename them and use to limit availability of certain buildings to certain territories only.

I hope it is clear now.

Regards Cegorach ~:cheers:

cegorach
07-04-2005, 16:39
ON this page you can see a screenshot - Portugal - somewhere in the middle.
Settlers aka FOREST is marked with a catholic cross in resource section.

http://totalwar.org.pl/board/viewtopic.php?t=685&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

You will also be able to notice the skull which represents mercenaries 'trading good' used to mark the provinces with buildable mercenaries in PMTW.

BTW The screenshots are a little old ( things are better in PMTW 1.0), so please don't laugh too much. ~;)

R'as al Ghul
07-05-2005, 11:19
Ah, ok.

So to sum it up:
We could declare a new resource/ use the resource (Forest).
Then we edit the requirements for Temple to include resource Forest.

Result: Temples can only build in provinces with forest.
Therefore Monks can only be build in provinces with this resource.

Then we edit the description name for forest to f.e. "Buddhist Shrine"
to make it more plausible to the players.

Correct?
This is certainly a very good idea. I reckon barocca will like it.
It can be usefull for including the Sohei-faction.

:cheers:

cegorach
07-05-2005, 11:35
[QUOTE=R'as al Ghul]Ah, ok.

Exactly except:

So to sum it up:
We could declare a new resource/

I don't think it is possible to add new resources to the game it seems to be hardcoded - only trade goods can be added... unfortunatelly ~:handball:

Regards Cegorach ~D